Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

A really solid if slightly meandering first ep. Fuller doesn't seem to be about a super tight plot and narrative, it's more about broader stuff and little moments, with the actors and scenes usually having some space to breathe. Shot composition is as rich as I expected, and that intro is loving awesome.

Too bad this thread made with a nice OP and a polite request to not be shitheels and run book spoilers on every loving page(subtext of the request), and mods don't seem to give a gently caress when a TELEVISION THREAD is run into the ground and few people who are watching the show without reading the books will bother posting in or reading anymore. Thanks for the try, OP, sucks that it had to get poo poo on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Text: Laura has a magic lucky coin in her skull and the god that catches her literally says, "The circumstances of your death commit me." Someone pulls the Anubis lore that corroborates. Fuller and Gaimen both frequently don't explicitly spell out backstory like that. Just a snip, and if you know you know and if you're curious a quick internet search figures it out.

Goons: Well it was really about the place she worked and oh yeah she handled black cards and stuff who cares what the character himself says about why he got her and oh by the way he's never been shown to lie but also some dirt is a perfectly spherical burned hole

never change

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

To be fair I kind of get irritated when people don't pay attention to what they're watching and then tell it back to you wrong in real life. I wasn't terribly upset despite the tone, I just think it's amazing that text is so easily misconstrued and mis-remembered. Not subtext, the plot if you typed it out. Wasn't trying to chase anyone out, though I know a couple of you cheeky fuckers cruise for that just to encourage it and stoke the fire.

Lots of Fuller regs coming around too, it's like watching Guardians and seeing guys from indie b movie poo poo along with high level talent.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

That kiss on the cheek during the wound-tending scene totally felt like improv.