Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I always pictured the Bilquis scene as her actual labia growing and stretching around him like a flytrap as it pulled him in, but I'd have to check my copy. I can see why they wouldn't be able to film it that way though. Then again, Ash vs Evil Dead is on Starz and had Ash's head get pulled into a corpse's rear end in a top hat by its intestines.

Le Saboteur posted:

poo poo, I didn't realize the Kings creator was also the co creator on American Gods.
He also wrote the screenplay of Logan. Dude's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I like that Shadow has a lot more personality. The way he handled himself with the cop on the payphone was great.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Not the same song, but every time I hear a Canned Heat song in a show I can't help thinking of this tweet:

https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/880992149885419520

Jerusalem posted:

They should have just let Bryan Fuller keep running the show, I don't give a gently caress if it blew out the budget or whatever, the show sucks without him.

lol that you think Bryan Fuller would stay with a show for longer than 1.5 seasons and not gently caress off to make some new passion project.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Andrew_1985 posted:

While I love the actress of the new Ms World, all I can see is her bitching people out on Pose.

The worst part of this show is still Wednesday. That and the constant actor swaps.
FYI, Mr. World isn't a full recast. Crispin Glover is still going to appear this season. (casting spoiler) Mr. World is apparently going to shift through a few appearances, one of which is Danny Trejo. :dance:

Though if you've read the book, he'll be played by another actor anyway once the plot gets there.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Fried Watermelon posted:

Probably recast him too from the way things are going

Probably depends on how well Jonathan Tucker's new show does, since he's a lead. But even then, they could easily just say "this is his TRUE form" since we've already seen multiple incarnations of multiple gods, and like 50 Jesuses.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Soooo the accusations against Marilyn Manson make this season quite a bit more yikes.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Every scene between Blythe Danner and Ian McShane is great. I love watching veteran actors get to play off each other like that. I just wish there was more of it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Bilquis got broken out, Technical Boy apparently went into hiding, and Laura reunited with Shadow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Malpais Legate posted:

Regarding your spoilers, all the gods are American gods. The little prequel bits in the show are supposed to indicate the ways that the gods "arrived" in America, like how the vikings burned their offering to Odin on the shores or when Anansi crawls ashore from the wreckage of a slave ship. That's the worship of them creating the new, American versions. The book calls these little interludes "Coming to America" chapters, it's where Salim and the Djinn are introduced too. Unfortunately, the show doesn't convey this very well.

If the show continues to follow the book, Shadow will meet the original Norse Odin anyway, and ask him about Wednesday: "He was me, yes. But I am not him."