Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Finished the book a few days ago and remembered there was a TV version. Two episodes in to the first season and I'm not sure I like how abbreviated this is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Having watched one season and finding the changes a bit off but fine, I can't wait to be unimpressed by the second set of episodes.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I haven't watched season 2 yet, but the book had multiple chapters for the epilogue after the main events shook out. If they actually found a way to stretch that into a whole season of filler, I can't decide if I'd be impressed or disgusted.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Have watched 3 eps of S2 so far. I wouldn't say nothing has happened yet, but at the same time the only reason it got that long is the abuse of slow-motion drawing things out.

Also the season started out flashy and quickly reduced itself to people standing around and talking in cramped rooms most of the time.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Starting S2E6.

It's true about the season now. In the past 2 episodes it seems like 3 days worth of nothing has happened in slow motion along three or four parallel plot lines. I think the first two episodes had all of the content for the season so far.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
None of that sounds like a good thing.

I hope S3 is the end of this circus so someone else can review all three season in order and do a short write-up about the effects of the forces of the boardroom on the show itself. Also I want the real dirt on which egos have been clashing the most in a postmortem, and that'll probably require people to slip up and gossip after the show's over.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Whatever's actually going on, I can't muster up any fucks to give. The second season was a dud that barely moved the story--and isn't there still around half of the book's content to pare down to 10 episodes?

Originally I was conflicted over the show version of Anansi, but it ended up working fine as the show changed so much other material. Shame to see another scene-stealer walk... but at this point I'm over it. Maybe I'll re-read Anasi Boys, which I read before American Gods by at least a decade.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
It's still the last season though, so we can watch it and treat it like a fever dream we forget by the next day?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

END ME SCOOB posted:

When was that announced? I thought they drunkenly renewed it for a 4 in hubristic glory.

Oh god, you're right, they did three-ish months ago (Internet says S3 filming was penciled in for September 20,2019-March 6, 2020) and means despite the production woes they planned on more. So at least 20-ish total more episodes of this slow dumpster fire to go. Guessing one season of peace and one of war. Unless they aim for five seasons, in which I'll walk away and read a synopsis of how they forgot how it was based on a book.

Andrigaar fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Oct 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Glad I didn't invest the time for season 3.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

A mercy kill for sure.

Now do a documentary about the behind the scenes stuff.

This, right now. Chop-chop!