Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Leading a bit heavy on songs this season I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Yeah the first ep isn’t bad except a few teeth gnashingly irritating scenes, but at best it comes off as “fine”. Not good not bad just fine.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

There's a lot to complain about in season 2, but the 'transition' from the last episode of S1 to the first ep of s2 rank pretty loving high.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I liked ep 2 a lot more than ep 1. Not a lot happened but it didn't raise the hairs on the back of my neck in a bad way. Feels like a show and not as desperate.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I thought the ep was fine but seeing that news today gave me a good laugh.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I haven’t read the book but I had the sensation they were trying to redo the Easter arc but now that she bounced I’m not really sure what the point was except to have something for Wednesday to do while the book plot of buttfuck wi is going on.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Browning is great as Laura but she’s definitely overstayed her welcome.

Like the whole show.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

It’s really grating that starz has kept pushing this clear pain in the rear end production nightmare but canceled counterpart

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

And still better than season two.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

ded posted:

oh man. this season didn't even have media.

Forgetting New Media existed was a vast improvement for S3, and turned out to be an rear end saver because I'm sure that characterization, which was already moldering and cringey at the time, would have aged like a corpse after the atlanta spa shootings.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It’s frustrating because he was doing a great job with the original budget anyway. The hell was he gonna do with 10M an episode?

He was overbudget so he was already pushing things (part of why house on the rock got pushed to S2, it was supposed to be the finale of S1.)

I mean he did a great job but he was already working beyond his means.

DamnGlitch fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 28, 2021

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Alright? You got me I was def arguing it used to be great??

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Gf and I are visiting house on the rock tomorrow, I’m not sure ive ever been, she saw gaiman there for an event in like 2009 “gathering of the gods”

Even though I liked the third season it was a bit like a crippled animal after the seasons season. So a bit of downer it got canceled immediately before our trip but we’ll still have fun.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

i went there a few years ago and the place is genuinely weird.

So house on the rock rules and is real fun and probably much more fun when being close to people doesn’t feel like proximity to death.

It’s easy to feel why gaiman would sense like there’s some sort of American divinity there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

The audiobook voice for Wednesday sounds almost identical to Ian McShane. So, hey.