Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

CaveGrinch posted:

For fucks sake don't go on Reddit. The Trump supporters have shown up and are now "done" with the show. They were totes cool with all the gay stuff and dongs though.

Ahahaha what

The show has made it extremely clear from episode 1, when the black main character gets lynched, what it has to say about the state of modern America

In fact it has done a MUCH better job at this than the book ever did, they're really giving this a politically relevant vibe. I know they had to wrap all the shooting ages ago but the Vulcan episode was so critical of Trump's America with all the nazi imagery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

GonSmithe posted:

It's because it's an American show and Americans can't even tell the difference between an English accent and an Australian accent.

Not that that makes it better for native speakers, but that's the reason.

Emily Browning who plays Laura is Australian :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I literally just found out all of this news from the show runner stuff on

Fuuuuuuuck

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Seems like Fuller had a peak experience with Hannibal: he got to do essentially what he wanted while surrounded by actors he really enjoyed working with. Unfortunately, that show took an amazing amount of effort and sacrifice to realize, and it doesn't seem like he's willing to make those concessions right now.

Yeah, that's what? $7.5M USD in subscriptions if you are being generous? Ten million seems like a big ask for the season, much less an episode. How many CGI dragons did he need? :confused:

Ah well, shame, but it's not like if you enjoy his visual/artistic style you wont flit off to his next project. I know I'll be watching whatever this Anne Rice honeypot is... :tviv:

edit: actually, after thinking on it for a minute, asking for $10M sounds like he was asking to get let go so he could go work on this vampire thing. :drac:

My amazon video sub was like $3 a month or something. I think it was the intro price which I signed up to then cancelled after watching American Gods.

It's really disappointing because the show was already doing a really good job making their own backstory and world that was imo a LOT better than what the book as pulling off, plus they had an amazing cast to do it with who are now it looks like losing interest.

Like at the end of the day Neil Gaiman being more closely involved makes me less interested not more

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Between this and Arrested Development I’ve learned to stop wishing for shows to come back

I know reports were saying Gaiman wanted the show to be closer to his book but honestly as someone who has read a lot of Gaiman books - S1 of this show was on track to be MUCH better than the book.

Ah well life goes on