Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cda

by Hand Knit
Welcome to the Mx. BYOB Posting Pageant! where one beautiful poster will be crowned Mx. BYOB 2017!

Like any good pageant, Mx. BYOB incorporates different portions that will allow contestants to show that they have all of the attributes necessary to represent BYOB to the public at large: talent, beauty, style, grace, poise and wit.

Who can participate: anyone except for: Fluffieduckie (because she would win without trying) and me (because I am inept, hideous, unfashionable, clumsy, flustered, and stupid).

You do not have to have ever posted in BYOB before to become Mx. BYOB. Maybe you’re a dark horse candidate who’s going to take BYOB by storm. Maybe you just have a talent you want to share with the world. Maybe you have a sexy bod you want to show off. All are welcome.

1. A talent portion
Contestants will demonstrate a talent they have. If the talent is literary or artistic, they may post a representative text, picture, or photograph. If musical, they may post an audio clip. If anything else, a video clip. From this, we will be able to assess their talent

2. A swimsuit portion
Contestants may post a photo or video of themselves looking beautiful in a swimsuit, if they choose. If not, they may post an artistic representation of themselves in a swimsuit which we, as basically savannah apes who never learned to tell the difference between reality and visual representation, will accept as The Truth. From this, we will be able to assess their beauty.

3. An evening wear portion
As with the swimsuit portion, contestants may post a photo or video of themselves looking stylish, or an artistic representation of the same. From this, we will be able to assess their style and grace.

4. A question-answering portion
Contestants will receive questions which have been written by the general public for the purposes of this contest. They will have a limited time to answer these questions as best they can. From this, we will be able to assess their poise and wit

Special judges will judge each of these rounds from 1-10, and the contestant with the best composite score will be declared the winner.

5. The chill portion
Being chill is an important BYOB value. Before the results are announced, a special poll will open in which the general public may vote on the contestant who was the chillest. The winner of the chill portion will receive a special award for being chill.

The first step is to get contestants. Sign up in this thread if you would like to compete!. If we get at least 8 contestants in the next 3 days, Mx. BYOB will be a go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

I would like to sign up, thank you.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

vanisher

Sign me up

the unabonger
this will be funny

cda

by Hand Knit
not if eight people or more don't sign up, it won't!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

I'm in!

Q: can the pics or videos be old / a thing we've already posted before

posting smiling
i will participate as long as everyone promises not to put my question answer segment in a beauty pageant fails video.

cda

by Hand Knit

alnilam posted:

I'm in!

Q: can the pics or videos be old / a thing we've already posted before

It has to be new. You need to light yourself on fire again.

----------------

alnilam

cda posted:

damnit oky

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wanna but i dont wanna you know haha hehe

----------------

the unabonger

cda posted:

daaag

cda

by Hand Knit

alnilam posted:

damnit oky

If it's a real talent you should definitely be able to do it more than once.

FluffieDuckie

cda posted:

If it's a real talent you should definitely be able to do it more than once.

Please no one catch themselves on fire

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

alnilam

FluffieDuckie posted:

Your not the boss of me!!!

FluffieDuckie

alnilam posted:

Your not the boss of me!!!

:cop:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

deep dish peat moss

Can I be a judge

Plebian Parasite

i'm really good at catching others on fire, most of the time the police never even find out

MrWillsauce

please judge me and grant me validation

cda

by Hand Knit
Contestants so far:

City of Glompton
vanisher
alnilam
posting smiling
MrWillsauce

need 3 more at least

----------------

alnilam

calling us "contestants" implies that's it's even a contest :smugmrgw:

alnilam

I'm jk btw that kind of hubris would be unbecoming of a potential mx byob, i think we're all wonderful ppl :kiddo:

deep dish peat moss

I'll sign up

Android Blues

i'll also do it

Darkman Fanpage
i get to wear a dress?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
**confidently strides out with a steely look of determinationin his eyes as he trips, falls flat on his face, and gets back up dusting himself off**

OW. Gonna go ice this knee but sign me up!

**stumbles and limps out of view**

FADE TO BLACK & BLUE

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Peg Sliderskew
I'm quite new here and competition makes me feel nervous and sick and I'm not sure if I have a talent.

Signing up anyway in hopes of getting Mx. Congeniality or a participation trophy for my huge collection.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Matoi Ryuko

you're all winners

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
sign me up before you go go

----------------

Peg Sliderskew

Matoi Ryuko posted:

you're all winners

That's really sweet, but I have first dibs on Mx. Congeniality so don't cross me, bitch.

Courtesy of Manifisto

cda

by Hand Knit

hockey jockey posted:

I'm quite new here and competition makes me feel nervous and sick and I'm not sure if I have a talent.

Signing up anyway in hopes of getting Mx. Congeniality or a participation trophy for my huge collection.

hell yeah I was hoping some newer posters would sign up!

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FluffieDuckie posted:

she said no one CATCH themselves, so don't let yourselves find out you're on fire guys!!!!!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i smoke weed and am bad at participation and have never learned to swim/worn a swimsuit, SIGN ME UP

Farg
siggin up

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

my special skills are: having a steady job for all of my adult life, and good credit

They Might Be

This sounds fantastic, but my talent is the judges feeling comfortable in a quiet room with me.

deep dish peat moss

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

my special skills are: having a steady job for all of my adult life, and good credit

These aren't very BYOB.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

cda posted:

hell yeah I was hoping some newer posters would sign up!

new poster here, signing up for this

pig slut lisa

irl is good

i would like to note, for the record, that i am mx missile proof

Manifisto

okay okay due to overwhelming popular demand, I will enter

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit
Contestants so far:

City of Glompton
vanisher
alnilam
posting smiling
MrWillsauce
Manifisto
pig slut lisa
deep dish peat moss
farg
ethical hamjobs
Hogge Wild
hockey jockey
Android Blues

Tough competition!

I'm gonna leave this open for something like 24 hours just to see if there are any stragglers or if anyone succumbs to the coolest of all pressures, peer pressure, or to the coolest of all fears, triskaidekaphobia (13 contestants right now!) Then we will begin.

----------------

• Locked thread