Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

I had no idea that this game existed, but it's right up my alley, so I guess I get to be the first to say that this LP made me buy this game.

You were talking about trying to nail the nature of the contrary tone, and the closest I can think of would be something cheerfully dismal like Mortasheen the Addams Family. Things are dark and evil is afoot, but that's no reason to be down about things! Have a blood smoothie and let's sing about the end of the world, it'll be fun! :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

EDIT: Double post, sorry!

dancingbears fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 25, 2017

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

The ground-based bug zombies are named "Mistake". The flying ones are called "Folly". You can see 'em in the bestiary near the end, though you don't really look at them.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Highwang posted:

there are 144 beastiary entries and 32(?) charms.

I think it's actually 146 or 147 bestiary entries, and 37 charms.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Are we allowed to point out if you missed a minor secret or two? 'Cause I've found a few I've found you passed over!

- Exit the stag station in Greenpath and attack the wall to the upper right.
- In the elevator in the Pleasure House, the second level from the top has a bug husk on the left side. Walk against the right wall on that level. May contain ghost.
- Right below where you get the Soul Eater charm, one of those wheezing mummy bugs attacks you by jumping out of a wall. Kill it and walk through the wall.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Highwang posted:

I've had a couple that have been pointed out to me already and will attempt them. Generally I want to say refrain from it but so far they've all been plot-innocuous so its fine so long as it stays that course. Also keep tact in mind, I won't do stuff if its being issued as an order, even if I accidentally forget. I tend to operate on spite.

Oh, it's not an order. Leaving some stuff for the audience to hopefully find themselves is a good tactic. I just got a bit impatient and had to jump in, like a goon. My apologies!

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Literally can't. You need some manner of charmage to do so. The scattered sources of blue health don't stack if I recall correctly.

Really? I'm pretty sure they do, there's two near a dream warrior in Deepnest that stacked just fine. Sitting on a bench removes all lifeseed health, though. There's about seven or so lifeseed pods in the game, with a couple having three instead of two, so you could theoretically get enough temporary health to do the door without charms. However, you can never use a bench, you can't get hit, and you'd have to go across the entire map, perfectly, to do it. To be honest, that challenge sounds completely awful to watch, to say nothing of playing. It'd have to be so slow and methodical and frustrating and LONG from repeated failures that it would be painful to sit through.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

I think that the only flag left on Myla the singing miner is getting the crystal heart. If you visit her again you should see the end of her storyline.

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

I was able to damage those crystal laser bugs just fine with magic. Maybe you need certain other upgrades first?

Nope, I can confirm that the basic Vengeful Spirit is perfectly capable of oneshotting the crystal laser bugs.

Genocyber posted:

I voted for Outskirts because IIRC you need to go there to get an NPC interaction in Deepnest. Something I missed on my playthrough.

Pretty sure you need double jump to get to that unlock point. I agree that it's an interaction I'd like to see on camera, though.

dancingbears fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 10, 2017

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

KieranWalker posted:

Wang, you need to either re-equip the cash vacuum badge, or stop leaving it laying all over the ground. You're killing me, Smalls!

It doesn't actually take that long for collecting geo to be pointless. You only need about 30,000 geo to buy everything, and that sounds like a lot, but as we get further into the game the more options for getting big hunks of money become available, and the more money we've already collected. Relic Seeker Lemm can cover a huge amount of geo alone (over 20,000). Once you get around this point, the cash vacuum becomes something taking up a spot a more valuable charm could be using.

dancingbears fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 13, 2017

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Only two of the five knights? No, it's most, probably all of them. I'm guessing you meant Dung Defender, and False Knight's armor? But Isma is also one of the knights, and we saw her corpse. There's another corpse in the Queen's Garden. And then there's that debatable one. Honestly, I don't see why it wouldn't be her.

Also, I've repeatedly climbed out of Ancient Basin without doublejump. It's not THAT bad. :shepface:

EDIT: Oh, and I was yelling at the screen to use the Dream Nail on those crawlers when you were at low heath and soul. They're so slow! They're perfect for beating forever with the Dream Nail for infinite health! Jeez.

dancingbears fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 24, 2017

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Tiso's hanging out by Blue Lake, on the Saluba side.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

The Glowing Womb area is always like that. If you visit while you still have Forgotten Crossroads, it looks exactly the same as it does now. It's a nice little hint of things to come.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Please don't encourage us.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

As the one to tell you about the secret near the Greenpath stag station, I must say, :sigh:

Perhaps I could have been clearer?

dancingbears posted:

- Exit the stag station in Greenpath and attack the wall to the upper right.

:shepface:

Also Great Slash is amazing for oneshotting Primal Aspids, the flying three-way shot bugs in the Kingdom's Edge. That alone makes it absolutely worth your time.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Ghost of Starman posted:

...goddammit. Has anybody else encountered, or know of a fix to, an issue with missing the last Pale Ore needed for upgrading?

I'm 99% sure I've visited all the places and completed all the various requirements for having them all, but I'm still missing one. Some googling around suggests there are at least a few other folks that have run into the same issue.

To be clear, I'm not asking what the requirements are for getting them; I'm saying I've done all those things but am still one Pale Ore short. I'm hoping it's something dumb but non-obvious. >_<

Have you tried submitting a bug report? Team Cherry seem like cool dudes who want to make sure they catch all their glitches.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

ousire posted:

When you first walk in to the area where the White Lady is, there's a corpse of a very fancy looking bug out front. I honestly thought THAT was going to be the Queen at first since it has such a fancy and regal looking design. Can you dream nail that body for something?

Highwang did dream nail the body; she says "Protect...". To find out more about her, you need to talk to the White Lady while wearing the Defender's Crest. Also worth noting: A ton of dead traitor mantises right in front of her corpse.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

As someone still struggling with it, what was your build for the Trial of the Fool? Unbreakable Strength, Quick Focus, Mark of Pride, and...?

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Highwang posted:

I believe Mark of Unn. Being able to quick heal on the move is pivotal. Also, you pretty much need max sword and health.

In the second trial, yeah, but I was asking about the third trial, the Trial of the Fool. And you definitely didn't have Shape of Unn then. For one, you never turned into a slug while healing; for another, Shape of Unn is two notches when Unbreakable Strength, Quick Focus, and Mark of Pride are three notches each, you can have ten notches total, and you weren't overcharmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

If you say you don't want to get the 100% bestiary because you don't want to refight Grey Prince Zote, I have good news! Several enemies, a category including all DLC enemies, the Radiance, and Menderbug, are considered "bonus" completion, and aren't required for getting the Hunter's Mark. So, for example, if you were at 123/149 monsters seen/monsters total, and you killed White Defender for the first time, your seen/total would go to 124/150. If you're after the Mark, you never even have to beat Grey Prince Zote the first time, let alone multiple times!

So I expect a bonus video on your 100% bestiary before long. Maybe as an announcement for when you do the third DLC pack. :colbert: I'm kidding, you don't owe us a goddamn thing. This was a fantastic LP and got me to buy and play through the game multiple times. Thank you very much.

Highwang posted:

Someone will have to tell me what the alternative badge does when you work with Barunn instead of Grimm cause I never once considered doing that.

Looks like it's three notches, and it give a chance to negate an attack, becoming more likely the more attacks it doesn't negate. Sounds okay if you know you're going a long way without a bench, or for the Colosseum.

• Locked thread