Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

PoptartsNinja posted:

This game seems really cute, and it seems like it controls well. Is it friendly to filthy casuals like me, or is it more like shovel knight where if you didn't grow up playing Megaman you should probably pass on it?

It's overall pretty forgiving. Until you reach an area late in the game,where it suddenly decides you're gonna have a bad time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

Yeah, but then you add "bad poo poo is about to happen", link it to either the seals or whatever the hell Hornet is going on about and you're getting the full Dark Souls treatment: doom! gloom! gonna kill you! ancient evil awakes! you're the chosen one! maybe not! - all at once.
Hornet in particular makes no sense here given the story. Well, at least to me.
Seems like you're nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. At least to me.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Samovar posted:

The only good kickstarter NPC I've seen is Muffet in Undertale.

At least none of the backer characters in this game (that I've seen so far,anyway) are offensively bad like most backer characters. I honestly still don't get why devs do that-the backer characters are inevitably some anime garbage (that ninja guy from Shovel Knight) some creepy fetish thing (So Sorry from Undertale) or "quirky" like our weevil friend.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 22, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I love how those gasbag things are blatantly Pikmin monsters.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Add me to the list of people who want the Journal. The Hunter's notes are either hilarious,sad, or just plain savage.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Highwang posted:

I should preface this by saying its a very rare thing that will happen. I do know a couple VAs (Travis being one, but he's already doing work for this), but this would technically be in the line of paid work since there are 144 beastiary entries and 32(?) charms. And when you're a poor boy like me, cash for this kinda service is hard to come by.
Patreon might be helpful on that account.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

The next time she actually does. There is some lore there.

Yeah,it's pretty interesting. But we all know how Highwang feels about lore.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Yeah, those little guys are really loving strong considering their body weight. If one was human-sized we'd have some One Punch Man poo poo going down. If it didn't immediately suffocate because of its increased weight,of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

azren posted:

Nailmaster Rules of Acquisition #1: Screw the nail, there's selling to do!

At least he hasn't started saying "Fee-males" with a weird accent.

• Locked thread