Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Never heard about this before, but a atmospheric, well polished Metriodvania is exactly my poo poo. I'm probably not going to watch anymore videos, since I want to run through it blind, but, hey, you convinced another buyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

dancingbears posted:

It doesn't actually take that long for collecting geo to be pointless. You only need about 30,000 geo to buy everything, and that sounds like a lot, but as we get further into the game the more options for getting big hunks of money become available, and the more money we've already collected. Relic Seeker Lemm can cover a huge amount of geo alone (over 20,000). Once you get around this point, the cash vacuum becomes something taking up a spot a more valuable charm could be using.

While you are completely correct, the OCD completionist in me can't stand to just leave it lying on the ground regardless of how useless it is.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Karate Bastard posted:

e: and in case y'all didn't see this yet, here's a stag beetle and a rhinoceros beetle havin a wrassle
http://i.imgur.com/FxaIBXG.mp4

King of the RING!

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Mzbundifund posted:

When I first saw the infected crossroads I immediately raced back to Dirtmouth just to make sure everyone was ok.

I did the exact same thing, which is a good indication of how deeply the game gets you invested in its world.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

IMJack posted:

There seems to be a theme with the nailmasters that life by the nail is unsatisfying, unfulfilling.

Sly, in his wisdom, devoted himself to a more satisfying pursuit, making obscene piles of money.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

fractalairduct posted:

The game is never really explicitly clear on what caused the Radiance to return. There are a number of ways it could have happened.

Did it ever go away? I thought it ended up relegated to dreams for awhile, but was never fully gone.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Bringing the elder bug the flower is seriously the best thing in the game, it's :unsmith: personified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Samovar posted:

The story of this game is often described as Dark Souls-esque, but I have to admit, I think the way exposition is done in this game is better; one can get a better idea of the characters' personalities from the... voice acting than if they did the entire lines. I always found the line delivery in DS to be a bit... Unusual.

I would describe it as deliberately theatrical.

• Locked thread