Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

We had this thread like a year ago, but a lot of gaming has happened since then. So I ask you: What are your rarest achievements and trophies? I think a lot of the games that I've played recently have been better about having achievements as actual challenges and not just completing parts of a game. For instance the tons of achievements in map games, and most of the achievements in Shovel Knight and its expansions.

I got my rarest achievement recently in Specter Knight.

But it's a relatively new game so that percentage is sure to rise (I hope). Does anyone have a more elusive achievement than that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i spent two hours getting the white flower trophy in nier but there are lots of people with the same brain disease as me so idk if its particularly rare

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's not technically my rarest but here's the one I'm proudest about.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey, good thread idea. Here are my Steam achievements; the rarest one has been obtained by 0.07% of the playerbase, and the least rarest (at least, of the top-five 'showcase') has been obtained by 0.49%.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You posted earnestly in the last thread. Farewell.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean I guess I don't know the percent of people who have it but I have platinumed every From SOULS game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

platted demon souls and never platted another souls game again

Soral
May 30, 2009

i got the achievement for baking a real cake and taking a photo of it and emailing it to the developer of hate plus

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Evil Eagle posted:

We had this thread like a year ago, but a lot of gaming has happened since then. So I ask you: What are your rarest achievements and trophies? I think a lot of the games that I've played recently have been better about having achievements as actual challenges and not just completing parts of a game. For instance the tons of achievements in map games, and most of the achievements in Shovel Knight and its expansions.

I got my rarest achievement recently in Specter Knight.

But it's a relatively new game so that percentage is sure to rise (I hope). Does anyone have a more elusive achievement than that?

I dont get the same tooltip on My machine. It doesn't show the %

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

I dont get the same tooltip on My machine. It doesn't show the %

You can go to the global achievement stats I think.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

From EU4. Posted a screenshot here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce8StV4fRZQ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

platted demon souls and never platted another souls game again

Congrats you platted the least fun one to plat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I recently achieved the rarest trophies I've ever seen and they were all bronze, for watching 78 music videos and taking 78 screenshots in Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Future Tone. They're rarer than my previous, the MGSV plat.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

All of my rarest Steam achievements are from Red Orchestra 2 and Company of Heroes 2- two games about the same war- and the two very rarest achievements involve the exact same model of Soviet half-track (the US-made M3) Weird...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I barely ever plat or "perfect" games because I don't like doing the busy work achievements like some of the ones in dark souls. But all I'm missing in Bloodborne is chalice stuff, I really should go back and finish those up eventually.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

My rarest Steam achievement (that I actually earned and wasn't given to me by a bug) is still Beyond the Indus for taking over a kingdom-level title in India as a non-Indian in Crusader Kings 2, which 1% of players have, same as the last thread. The only achievements in my showcase that aren't CK2 are Thawed (win the Cold War scenario, Rise of Nations, 2%) and Bollywood (win a cultural victory as India with 3 cities or fewer).

I've earned 6 rarer PlayStation trophies since the last thread, though, all from Divinity: Original Sin. Now my rarest trophy is Kingdom Come: Make Archibald king of the trolls (5.59%).

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
:twisted:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Idk if it's the rarest by % of people but my proudest rare achievement is platting hotline miami

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You monster

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
The only game I've ever 100%'d are the Mario Galaxy games and ocarina of Time.. I should plat more games.. I was thinking maybe ni-oh or bloodborne

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

this

Soral
May 30, 2009

die

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i think my rarest trophy (non plat) is the "trample 25 fuckers with the AT-ST" in the new battlefront lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Aside from some CoD campaign trophies, my rarest PSN trophy is the 'Solid Stealth Execution' trophy for completing a 7+ mission in Helldivers without alerting any enemies- something that was much, MUCH easier before they nerfed the distraction beacon.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i got all the unlocks in wonderful 101 but nintendo doesn't have cheevos...fuuuu

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sister of Mercy in Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition. Only 0.29% of players have it but I knew to try for it from my playthrough of the original release because that quest had a sad ending otherwise lol

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the rarest one i'm actually proud of is the Big Money achievement in Spelunky

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

What is that one for? Also really, demo achievements?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

What is that one for? Also really, demo achievements?

I honestly don't remember, it's like 7 years old

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
transmorgifying in TL is the crafting system. i'd assume it's some X number of crafted items achievement. one reason it might be rare is that whatever the demo is might not have that many drops that are craftable.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

All of my rare acheivement list are high scores on bad pinball tables that nobody else played

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I reported BBG over 100 times in a dota thread once.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i have rare marvel heroes achievements that are mostly due to the f2p aids business model

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

I reported BBG over 100 times in a dota thread once.

I don't think that reports for Black Baby Goku are rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I collected every Jiggy :grin:

• Locked thread