Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Current Team: 3

Steelheart: You rip off the helmet from Bullet, revealing the angry face of a young man. He shouts in surprise, but manages to react quickly enough to turn around and take a shot at you.

Roll to take a powerful blow

He pulls out one of his small cheaper guns with his other hand and takes a shot at some electrical wires close by. A brief explosion rings out and spreads out even more fire. The lights flicker off, but between the daylight coming through and the fire the two of you can still see each other. However, the fires are growing and heading towards the two of you. What do you do?

Nightblade: You manage to keep harm coming to any of the civilians and usher them through the door. You can lead them to safety, but you'll be leaving Steelheart to fend for herself for a while. Do you think she can take care of Bullet by herself? What do you do?

Sunbow: You put your hand on the man's shoulder, and it passes though. Looking down, you can see some kind of device which must be emitting this illusion. Seems like The Hunter wanted you to come this close. What do you do?

Cinder: Meanwhile, you look around near where Sunbow is. He's probably somewhere nearby right? Sure enough, you spot what looks at first like a wave of heat nearby. But looking closer, you can sort of see the shape of a man as he slowly moves closer. Whatever technology he's using can't really hide him completely, so you have time to warn Sunbow or do something about it. What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Danger: +3 | Freak: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential 0/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure

Haha! Thought you could out-smart me, did you? The Hunter might have set a trap for Sunbow, and she might have walked into it, but in the end the real Hunter here is me~

I'd warn Sunbow, but really if we want to get the jump on the Hunter, he needs to not know that I've spotted him. So balancing in the air on jets of flame for a moment longer, I build up a swirl of flame in my hand, and then raising it up high, I spike the ball of fire down at him, sending a torrent of fire after it, blasting the spot I can see his hazy shape with a crackling deluge of flames. As the torrent peters out from my hand, I let my own body turn fully to flame and ride the blast down, flickering into my own form at the ground level a second later, and adding a roaring punch at what should be the Hunter's gut. "Nice trap~"

[22:29:04] <GodFish> directly engage the Hunter
[22:29:06] <GodFish> !r 2d6+3
[22:29:07] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 5+3 = 8
I'll impress/surprise/frighten him

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Current Team: 3

Cinder: The Hunter almost jumps in surprise as you send a blast of fire down, reaching down to his belt and turning the device that was giving him the invisibility off. "drat," He mutters before you come in with a punch. He attempts to hit you with the butt of his rifle while backing up.

Roll to take a powerful blow

He looks at you, then at Sunbow, then at you again. "I can't believe I didn't see that coming..." He's a little hesitant, trying to make sure there's nothing else going on he missed. What do you do?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: 0 | Sup: +2 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: - | Location: The Zoo

I stare at the man after my hands pass through him, puzzled for a moment before a wide smile creeps across my face. Does he have the same phasing ability that Audrey has?! That is great!

My hopes are soon dashed when I realize he is actually a light-projection. Crushing the object that had been emitting it with my hand, wiping the bits of metal off after I have finished - did not hurt at all - I start to head back into the sky, looking about and trying to figure out just what is going on. I am somewhat lost here!

<Rauri> Sunbow Assess
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+2 = 11
Asking what here is the biggest threat, and what can I use here to track down the Zookeeper

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Danger: +3 | Freak: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential 0/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure

[23:24:38] <GodFish> Cinder, take a powerful blow
[23:24:41] <GodFish> !r 2d6+2
[23:24:42] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 6+2 = 8
[23:24:46] <GodFish> well could be worse
I'll provoke Sunbow


Ooph- what is it with everyone here and having weapons that still hurt me when I'm made of fire!? This is getting stupid, and pissing me off even more, so much so that the flames around me - and the ones that are me - are starting to burn white hot, and looking up I catch sight of Sunbow. Probably about to help out, but no, I don't need it. I'll finish him off on my own. "Hey Sunbow! Don't worry about me, I've got this! Go off and find that Unicorn or find Bullet and finish him off!"

[00:05:04] <GodFish> provoke Sunbow
[00:05:06] <GodFish> !r 2d6+3
[00:05:07] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 8+3 = 11

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...Can I feel your muscles?



Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Insecure | Location: In over her head

"Guh!" Okay, so, while it's a good thing that I've bullet-proofed my costume, it doesn't make the impact of the bullet hurt any less. I'm knocked right off my feet, and sent sprawling on the ground.

My whole body is in a great amount of pain, and I'm pretty sure I have a few cracked ribs now, but I can't- I can't let that stop me! I just... I just need to move. I need to get back up, and get myself back into the fight! I just need to stand up again, and... and...

...Why won't my body move?

...Am I... am I scared...?

...No! I can't let myself be afraid now! Not after all that! Not after all my big hero talk! I'm supposed to be a hero, darnit! I've worked so hard to be where I am now! I can't let all those years of training be for nothing! I can't! Come on, move! MOVE!

Through sheer force of will alone, I manage to stand up again, but barely. My legs are shaking, like they could collapse at any moment, my vision is getting blurry, my breathing is getting heavier, I'm exhausted, and I could feel the heat getting to me. "N-not yet!" A bit of blood starts pouring out of my mouth, "Not yet! This fight... It's not over!"

I don't know how long I can keep standing, but I can't- I can't give up! I need to keep fighting! I need to prove to them that I'm not some sort of joke! I'm a hero, just like them! I can do this! I can... I can... I can...

...Oh God...

...I can't do this...

quote:

9:35 AM <HugzillaPhone> Steelheart takes a powerful blow
9:35 AM <Krysmbot> HugzillaPhone, 11 = 11

Marking Afraid and Insecure, and choosing to give Bullet an opportunity.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: 0 | Sup: +2 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: - | Location: The Zoo

I hear Cinder, but for a moment I doubt her - I mean, the Hunter is quite strong and she... she can do this. Nodding at her in middair as I fly up into the sky, nocking an arrow in my bow, I smile at her - hopefully not too much, I do not want her to know I am The Crushing in her - and then agree to her plan cheerfully. "You got it! I will let our friends know you are beating the Hunter!" That should be encouraging, right? I am sure she can do it...

Agreeing to Cinder's demand and leaving that fight, +1 team

While it is unfortunate, flying around and looking for Bullet took me a bit longer than I needed it to. By the time I find him he has already hurt Audrey, and it is safe to say I lose my customary poise the moment I see how badly he has mistreated her. I was careful to not hurt any of this man's minions too badly, and in exchange he tortures and wounds the nicest person in the multiverse?! Her family has been so good to me and she is wonderful even beyond that, and I will not have this!

Audrey may be staggered, but I am completely fresh, with an arrow aimed directly at the person that was hurting her. I think getting a taste of his own medicine might make this man reconsider his villainous ways, and more importantly? He hurt Audrey, so I am going to make him hurt even worse. "How dare you? Surrender, or... BANE ARROW!" I fire said arrow, and he totally will not see it coming!

<Rauri> Sunbow Directly Engage Bullet (wish there was some sort of rage bonus)
<Rauri> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6-1 = 5
Marking XP. In case this succeeds, choosing to take something from them - their speed~

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 28, 2017 around 08:37

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Halcyon City Zoo

Nightblade led the mob through the paths of the Zoo, aiming to get them to the nearest fence. It would be a simple enough matter to clear a path to safety from there and it should, in the end, give them the greatest chance of evading any patrolling henchmen. The crowd was quite subdued after his earlier show, so it gave him a moment to think on Steelheart's bold stand. It wasn't as though he wasn't worried about her. He was! He simply trusted that she would know when to use her gifts to escape. If matters turned against her, it wasn't as though Bullet could walk through walls after her.

After a few minutes, he saw the metal bars of the exterior wall come into view. Perfect! He'd just take a few bars into the shadows to clear a path to safety, then place them right back where they belonged after the hostages were free and clear! Then he could hasten back to Steelheart's side.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...Can I feel your muscles?



Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Insecure | Location: BFF Beatdown!

"Lauren?" I look up, and see Lauren yelling angrily at Bullet, and when I bring attention back to him, I see him aiming a gun at Lauren. "Don't you dare hurt my friend!" And just like that, all my hesitation was gone, and my body was finally able to move again. I run, ignoring all the pain I'm in, and hit Bullet with a shoulder tackle. I don't know if I got there in time to stop him from hurting Lauren, but I do manage to send him stumbling back, right into the direction of her arrow!

Defending Sunbow! (+1 from influence): 2d6+2 8
Going to remove Afraid, and choosing to expose myself to danger

Nevermind! Looks like I can't defend until we've resolved Bullet getting an opportunity on me.

I'm also using 2 Team to boost Sunbow's roll by +2, making it a success!

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at May 31, 2017 around 03:20

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Current Team: 2

Cinder: The Hunter watches as Sunbow flies off, and then turns to face you. "Do you think you're the only superhero who can turn into fire or some other intangible substance? I'll have you know I am prepared for all kinds of powers! You may be able to burn brightly but I have fought far more dangerous opponents then you since before you were born! Now then: stand aside." He's probably just trying to make you feel inferior, especially after the display you just put on when you attacked him out of nowhere. Do you accept what he's saying?

If you accept, shift Danger down and Freak up. Otherwise, roll to reject his influence.

Steelheart: You manage to help Sunbow out, but the fire has grown and is going to overcome the inside soon enough. Bullet seems to realize this and is trying to head outside. What do you do?

If you don't do something to avoid the fire, roll to take a powerful blow

Sunbow: As the arrow goes through Bullet's armor, he yells and just unloads his gun at you, bullets rapidly flying everywhere.

Roll to take a powerful blow

"I knew it!" He yells. "You had to get the help of someone else after all!" He sounds kind of desperate though, and being slowed down while inside a burning building isn't helping his resolve. Bullet starts heading towards the doors, but there's not really any way he can outrun the two of you or anything. What do you do?

Nightshade: You lead the hostages out, mostly in silence although some of the younger ones try to talk to you - what with you being a real bona fide superhero, they're kind of excited about it even with the danger they just escaped. How do you handle them?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Halcyon City Zoo

The walk gave some of the younger zoo-goers a chance to forget any fear that they may have felt. Even as he ensured their path remained free of any interlopers, they bombarded him with questions. Was he a real ninja? "Yes." Could they touch his sword? "No, it's dangerous." Why were Bullet and the Hunter such big jerks? "It's difficult to say, though I believe that it stems from a lack of proper moral education or adherence to a code of conduct." Are you dating someone? Before he could even venture an answer to that, the children found themselves squabbling over the various pros and cons of his teammates. Nightblade found himself somewhat helpless in front of their youthful enthusiasm, though their respective parents and guardians were able to rein them in enough that the final moments of the walk were spent in something akin to silence.

His father would have been able to better manage them, he knew, but it was not his area of expertise. Even as a more visible hero than the first Nightblade, his predecessor had often left the crowds to those that he fought alongside. Perhaps that was an area where he could begin to bring his own vision of what it meant to be the Nightblade. Was not saving the civilians caught in the crossfire as vital as bringing an end to the perpetrator's deeds?

Nightblade brought the group to a halt in front of the wall. In a quiet voice that cut through the soft murmurs of the crowd, he said, "I thank you all for your bravery and resilience. Please find the authorities outside the main gate and let them know you are safe." The children looked at him expectantly. Ah. Yes, the Nightblade's trademark farewell. He struck a classic ninja pose, hands intertwined, and intoned, "Even in the darkest shadows, there is hope! Sarabada!" The grins and, frankly, adorable attempts to copy his pose brought a hint of a smile to his face, but he did his best to keep a level expression.

And, with that, it was finally done. His eyes scanned the zoo. There was a troublesome amount of smoke curling into the sky. He wasn't sure where it was emanating from. Cinder, perhaps? Steelheart's fight with Bullet?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Danger: +2 | Freak: +3 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential 0/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure

He isn't wrong, exactly. And this stupid day has helped drive that in with even an unimportant grunt managing to shoot me already. "Yeah, I know I'm not unique, rear end in a top hat! But who is, anyway, we're all special little snowflakes and you can't tell anyone apart in a blizzard. We don't need a blizzard though, I can take you down myself even if you can shoot me!" He's sort of said what I've been thinking but even if lots of people can turn into fire he still burns. "Hunt this Unicorn!" Sticking my middle finger up at him, I let my hand burn bright and then thrust it at him, sending the flaming bird right at his face. While he's watching, or dodging, or getting hit, or whatever, that, I flicker my whole body into fire again, roaring through the flames burning around us, and dart up behind him, snatching his gun away with hands so hot it starts to melt, and dart away, leaving the fire licking at his feet now.

[18:27:01] <GodFish> directly engage the hunter
[18:27:03] <GodFish> !r 2d6+2
[18:27:04] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 9+2 = 11
I'll avoid his blows and take his gun

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: 0 | Sup: +2 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Afraid | Location: The Zoo

He is shooting at me? It is a good thing then that I am magically protected! There is no way those Earthly bullets will do anything to hurt me, right?

<Rauri> Sunbow Take A Powerful Blow
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 10 = 10
<Rauri> wow
<Neopie> you hosed up
<HugzillaAway> oh no D:
<Tricky> rip
<GodFish> oh nooo
Choosing to give ground and take two conditions, Insecure and Afraid.


"OOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCHHHHHHHH!" Sinking to the floor as my flight stumbles for a moment, I have learned something. Turns out they do hurt me, very much so. I am pretty sure that most of them did bounce off, which is nice... but from the look of my leg not to mention how it feels though I will be doing a great deal of that, one of them very much broke the skin. It does not feel great, and the others will probably bruise too. Very much wishing I had not gotten shot right now, there is more blood and pain than I would like there to be.

Noticing that this building is on fire and that the villain is escaping quite a bit after reacting to my wound and still grimacing with pain, I need to try and put this place out, then go and help Steelheart - I cannot let her get hurt like I just did, that Bullet person is dangerous! Reaching over my shoulder and withdrawing three of the arrows I want - of course I can find the ones I want easily, it is a magic quiver - three frost arrows are somewhat less accurately than usually fired towards the sources of the blaze, Ice Arrows combating the magical flame as best they can... which is good, since I am out of them and only now getting back on my feet, staggering towards the door. "I am alright - we need to take this guy down!" I suggest, finally recovered enough to start flying again. I have never been to a healer on Earth... I wonder if they use wands or potions? I much prefer wands.

<Rauri> Sunbow Unleash Powers
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+2 = 9
Effect is either unstable or temporary, but reshaping environment to include ice to contest those flames

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Current Team: 2

Cinder: "My gun!" The Hunter shouts in anger, although probably in a bit of pain too. "I can just get another one you know!" He pulls out a massive revolver. "Like this!" He points at a nearby elephant exhibit and fires. The thunderous roar, along with the lock being blown off, freaks them all out. They start running around and sure enough, they're stampeding outside. "Now what shall I unleash next? Lions? Tigers? Bears? Oh my!" He smiles at his own joke. What do you do?

Sunbow: Your frost arrows strike some of the flame, and they go down in a hiss. Smoke pours out...but then starts building up. Looks like your magic is only going to be a temporary fix here. And while you've been doing that, Bullet managed to make it past the door and outside. He coughs, and then closes the door behind him. "How...about...you just stay there for a moment while...I deal with...whatever." What do you do?

Steelheart: By the time the flame goes down enough for you to walk safely through the building, Bullet has managed to get outside. The fire is going to come back - Sunbow's magic isn't going to hold it back forever. What do you do?

Nightshade: You start heading back, but pause. A split panel shows Nightshade standing, looking at two sources of fire...one of them the building you left Steelheart in. Which source of fire do you go to deal with first?

You'll arrive and can act at whichever scene you go to in this prompt

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at Jun 11, 2017 around 05:33

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Halcyon City Zoo

I look between the two sources of fire and my heart sinks. One is clearly Cinder, the other the building where I left Steelheart to fight Bullet. I promised Steelheart I would return when I was able, but... I must admit I'm concerned that Cinder has lit so much of the Zoo on fire already. That must mean she's found the Hunter and he is a dire foe indeed. I know Steelheart will be safe. If need be, she'll retreat or use her unique abilities to frustrate Bullet. I've experienced that myself.

I sink into the shadows, flickering from dark corner to dark corner faster than I could possibly run. I'll need to make this quick. I'll help Cinder, then help Steelheart as well. I can do this. I'm the Nightblade, after all. It's what I do. Soon, the sight of the Hunter and Cinder enters my view. Sunbow is nowhere to be seen. Curious. I'll need to ask Cinder about that when we have a moment. Still, it seems my arrival is most timely. He's blasting the doors to the exhibits...? The fiend! I just finished evacuating the hostages, so I suppose it's lucky that he didn't free any predators sooner.

From my vantage point in the shadows, I see many ways I can strike at him. The fire's flickering shadows should provide enough concealment to strike from behind. Yet... That is the way of my grandfather, not my father. My father would confront him face to face and challenge him. That was the Nightblade I was raised to revere. My choice seems clear. I step out into the open, calling out, "Hunter! Your crimes will end here!" As soon as he turns to face me, I dash towards him with a blade of shadows outstretched.

quote:

9:49 PM <Tricky> Nightblade engages the Hunter honorably!
9:49 PM <Tricky> !r 2d6+2
9:49 PM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 2+2 = 4

Marking potential!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Current Team: 2

Nightblade As you loudly charge in strike The Hunter, he easily dodges your attack. As you go by, he slams the butt of the gun against your head, knocking you to the ground and sending your shadow weapon flying off. Do you really think you can handle this man when even those that came before you had a hard time? Aren't you just a beginner, potentially out of your field?

"Now what do we have here?" The Hunter says. "Ah, I see it's Nightblade! Or rather, someone pretending to be Nightblade. Shall I show you why the efforts of your previous kin were in vain? Well...perhaps not. If you run along right now."

Mark Afraid and roll to take a powerful blow

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at Jun 11, 2017 around 05:39

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Hopeless | Location: Halcyon City Zoo

I fall to the ground, hard. Tch. If it was one of my forebears they would have danced past his strike with ease. Still... I cannot deny his words strike home. Even as I struggle to catch my breath and raise myself to my feet, I cannot help but feel that we are outmatched. That I am outmatched. From the scorch marks it seems that Cinder has done quite well. Is this my limit? Am I really going to be the one holding the team back?

...Perhaps I should have left with the hostages and secured back-up.

quote:

10:38 PM <Tricky> Nightblade takes a powerful blow!
10:39 PM <Tricky> !r 2d6+1
10:39 PM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 10+1 = 11

Giving ground, marking Guilty and Hopeless.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: 0 | Sup: +2 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Afraid | Location: The Zoo

Ahhhh! This Bullet person cannot get away, he is too dangerous for that! Staggering towards the door for a step or two, I am sad I cannot do more to combat the fire - but perhaps we should get Cinder for that, given how amazing she is with them. For now I am out of any means to put the blaze out, and I am not out of ways to stop Bullet. After those first painful steps, my leg feeling like it is on fire as well, I start to fly, which helps some, as it relieves the pressure. I am going to need a new pant leg for this outfit... ohh, or I could have 'the battle damage' and just leave it! I believe my friends would think that that looks 'cool'.

Throwing my bow across my back while drawing my sword, slicing through the door that was closed in front of me so rudely is no effort - you would think Bullet would know that Elven Royalty carry enchanted weapons, but I suppose it is to my advantage he does not. Pushing through the door and up into the outside and air, I look for the villain that injured me, spotting him fleeing at a speed I suspect is lower than he would like it to be. Hooray - now it is my time to shine.

Drawing forth the inner light inherent to the most magical among the elves as well as that of this planet's sun, I continue to fly closer to him, raising a hand as my eyes glow a brilliant yellow, energy built up and waiting to be unleashed. "How about... YOU just stay there... for a moment!" With that I reach forward, throwing all that power into solid walls of light around him, a spherical barrier that should keep him contained for quite a while - though then again I have never tested guns against it.

<Rauri> Sunbow Unleash Powers
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+2 = 11
Reshaping environment to include walls of light around Bullet.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Danger: +2 | Freak: +3 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential 0/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure

"Wow - what a petty move!" I just stare at the Hunter for a second as he blasts open the elephant's enclosure door's. First, how many guns does he have, and second, really? I didn't think I was doing that great a job at this fight that he needed a distraction, but I was either going to have to either let the elephants stampede out or let him get away while I tried to stop them, and neither option looked very good to me. But! Nightblade shows up at the perfect time, looking a bit hot and sweaty, though one of those is a given all the time. Not sure charging straight in is very ninja, but, "Great timing Nightblade, I'll stop those elephants!" Blasting up into the sky as he attacks, I throw down a curtain of fire at the place where the door just got blasted away from. The elephants haven't gotten through yet, despite the panic, and they wouldn't charge through a fire (I hope) so that'll keep them inside.

[01:31:25] <godfish> unleash a wall of fire
[01:31:37] <godfish> (impress nightblade)
[01:31:43] <godfish> !r 2d6+4
[01:31:44] <Krysmbot> godfish, 7+4 = 11
creating a wall of fire in the doorway


Flames up, I turn my attention back to the fight and.... "poo poo! You okay Nightblade?" I drop back down between him and the Hunter, ready to get back to fighting.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...Can I feel your muscles?



Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Insecure | Location: BFF Beatdown!

Oh, no! Lauren got hurt, and it's... it's all my fault. If only I didn't try to take on Bullet, one-on-one, none of this would have ever happened. Why did I ever think that I could take him on by myself?

....Agggghhh! No! This is no time to start doubting myself! Bullet's getting away, and he's too dangerous for us to let him go! I follow behind Lauren, and see her draw her sword. "Uh, Lauren? What are you planning on doing with tha- ah!" I jump back in surprise when she slices through the door, "You- ah- you know I could've just... phased us through it, right? ...Ah, nevermind."

I make my way outside, and rush after Bullet. "Woo! Way to go, Laur- I mean, Sunbow!" I cheer, after she traps him in a barrier of light. Hm, now that he's trapped, maybe I can convince him to stand down? I'll need to choose my next few words very carefully, though.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Piercing Bullet's mask
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 6+2 = 8

How could I convince you to join our side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: 0 | Sup: +2 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Afraid | Location: The Zoo

"I forgot that you could do that," I confess to Audrey, golden locks and enchanted equipment and glorious smile shining in the noonday soon as I grin at her, trying to ignore the pain from my gunshot wound. Many of my ancestors have been wounded on the field of battle before, I cannot act like this is that bad or I will shame my team. This is my first proper Earthly adventure after all... I have to do my part!

Floating over towards my best friend, I am sure she knows what to do here. "Ahhhh, coming to Earth was the best decision I ever made!" I hug her, as friends are supposed to do! "I am slightly injured but will be alright soon - this is so much fun! Should we wait to hit Bullet when my spell wears off, or go to help our friends?"

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«2 »