Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do the Texans have a new QB by the end of the draft?
Yes, they drafted the answer!
Yes, they made a weird trade
Cutler is the future
SAVAGED!
View Results

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dicks out on the table gentlemen (and ladies). The draft is in two days, everything is a wild pile of lies and nonsense by people desperate to have people click their stories, listen to their bullshit, and convince you that this white boy is the only QB in the draft that can throw a football.

So you've digested it all, you know how teams operate, put it on the table, to be mocked, laughed at, and wildly praised when you get one out of ten right, just like the Browns.

Possible subjects:
How many QB's in the first round? who jumps on the grenades?
Where do the running backs go?
How many trades happen? Does every single team in the top 10 trade down like they want to?
Who's the last person in the green room? Does he have enough backup phone batteries?
Does a Philly fan have the arm to peg Goodell in his fat loving face with a D Cell?
With no linemen worth drafting, who do the goons actually think is a good pick?

Me:

For QB's, Watson goes to one of the teams in the 3-6 range, Trubisky goes later probably in the 12-20 range. Nobody else in the first round.

For RB's. I guess two of them go in the top 10 because I don't understand how teams think.

There's a ton of trades, but no gangbusters, as no one has a stupid QB desperation heave in them. Stuff like the Dolphins trading up to 3 for like a 2nd round pick for Dion Jordan level stuff.

Goodell gets booed so loudly and thoroughly that every Patriots fan pops wood simultaneously.

Jimmy G gets traded for a 2nd+.
Butler does get traded along with something else for their #32 pick back with the Saints.
I've expected both for forever, so I'm not gonna change now.

I'm wrong, now how about you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Should we add a "what snacks and beverages are you consuming on draft night" to the list of subjects?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, go nuts. I'm personally going to just leave a stream on in the background as I play video games or something myself.

Oh, can you not do italics in poll options? SAVAGED! just doesn't ork without the italics.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 25, 2017

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I can ignore the draft Friday because the Rams do not have a 1st round pick and I'm 99% certain they don't have enough to back up into the first without ruining future drafts

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Looking forward to the white WR/RB the Pats draft.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

carolina and cincinnati will both trade for the #2 pick at exactly the same time and cut leonard fournette in half down the middle.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Should we add a "what snacks and beverages are you consuming on draft night" to the list of subjects?

I've been big on the grill this season, so I'll probably make these for my wife and me, as these guys' recipes are generally spot on:
http://amazingribs.com/recipes/chicken_turkey_duck/buffalo_wings_on_the_grill.html

Predictions:
Lions trade Tomlinson and a future pick for another second if possible.
Garoppolo traded
Peppers goes in the second
Mixon goes in the second
The new possible sexual assault CB dude goes undrafted
Jags and/or Browns draft a QB
None of the QBs in this draft are successful long term (defined as a started for more than 2 years)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I'm going to be shitfaced on rum.

Browns will draft Chad Kelly.

The 12th will get traded for 2018 picks.

Sidney Jones, Conley and Mixon go in the 2nd.

EatDatPussy445 rushes the stage.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I would pay good money to watch EDP try to get up onto a chest high stage.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

I would pay good money to watch EDP try to get up onto a chest high stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz7-iYUTPTk

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Voted option 2. The Browns will trade #12 to the Texans for #25 and a written agreement to take Osweiler back

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
two scenarios:
trubinsky/Watson go 1/2, bears get Garrett

or

bears draft Mike Williams since they need weapons, exactly like the gently caress up with Marshall and Kevin white

I'm having either pizza or Philly cheese steaks and planning to get drunk for the first time in months. however I'm watching at a Pittsburgh fans house who every year flips to hockey and makes everyone mad

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

DariusLikewise posted:

I can ignore the draft Friday because the Rams do not have a 1st round pick and I'm 99% certain they don't have enough to back up into the first without ruining future drafts

First round is on Thursday, bruh.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Peggy Whitson will announce the Texans 4th through 7th round picks from outer space.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I'm looking forward to the Seahawks making a huge splash and trading up to pick 7 to get fournette.

(they will trade back, they always trade back, being on the guy who everyone else had for a 3-4rd pick)

Actually who is this year's bruce irvin?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

a new study bible! posted:

First round is on Thursday, bruh.

Guess I can ignore Thursday(and Friday because the Rams won't draft any good players)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DariusLikewise posted:

Guess I can ignore Thursday(and Friday because the Rams won't draft any good players)

I was about to say hey new regime, you can't know that! Then I realized Snead somehow kept his job, how in the world did that happen?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

DariusLikewise posted:

You gotta watch to see whose pot/domestic abuse video gets leaked minutes before he would have been picked.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

DariusLikewise posted:

Who can be the most incompetent in LA? Stay tuned.

I feel like we're brothers now

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
We're so close.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Kizer goes top 20 and ahead of Watson
Mahomes goes to the Steelers
Fournette falls past the Panthers
TJ Watt gets taken too high. Like 12th overall
Garoppolo ends up a Texan
Packers draft no white guys

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Adore Jackson goes top 15.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

schweens posted:

Mahomes goes to the Steelers

I didn't even think about the Steelers possibly being in the QB market, but it would make sense that they might be looking to draft someone to develop for a while.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I have the Browns. The loving Browns. And I'm reading rumors they want to trade into the top 8 from 12. loving BROWNS. gently caress A QB THIS YEAR AND I BLAME YOU HASLAM. I'm actually offended and angry.

The Factory of Sadness keeps chugging away.

I'll probably make a pizza and watch at home.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Grittybeard posted:

I didn't even think about the Steelers possibly being in the QB market, but it would make sense that they might be looking to draft someone to develop for a while.

Apparently Rothlisberger has told the Steelers already that he has considered retirement. I can definitely see them drafting a guy in the second. Or if someone they love slides to them, maybe even in the first.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Slowpoke! posted:

Apparently Rothlisberger has told the Steelers already that he has considered retirement. I can definitely see them drafting a guy in the second. Or if someone they love slides to them, maybe even in the first.

Lucky for them whoever they draft will get plenty of chances at live NFL game action, even if Ben plays for several more years

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Last time I was this horrified about an impending Panthers draft pick I was drunk of PBR when the pick was announced. That players turned into a league MVP.

Guess I need to be ready for tomorrow night for when they draft Mcaffery.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eagles are going to draft a DE in the first
Jets draft a QB in the first
Four RBs are drafted in the first round
A video of Garrett using an Apple bong is released on twitter shortly before the draft

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Making pulled pork and watching the draft with friends.

Raiders taking Kevin King in the first from everything I've heard.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

MrLogan posted:

Making pulled pork and watching the draft with friends.

Raiders taking Kevin King in the first from everything I've heard.

I haven't heard that at all.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun Watson and Pat Mahomes will all go in the first.

JJ Watt's brother will go in the top 15.

Mike Williams will fall fall fall.

Christian McCaffery will be chosen before the Panthers pick.

The Browns will do something weird but not quite obviously bad enough for it to be universally panned.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

fsif posted:

Christian McCaffery will be chosen before the Panthers pick.

but but he failed on the greatest NFL talent indicator of all: the bench press.

I do think he'll be first a first rounder though, even if it's just because the Pats want more good looking white guys for presidential photo shoots.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Puckish Rogue posted:

but but he failed on the greatest NFL talent indicator of all: the bench press.

I do think he'll be first a first rounder though, even if it's just because the Pats want more good looking white guys for presidential photo shoots.

The Pats don't have a first rounder.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/857217913882857472

I'm no mathematician, but that sounds like half the teams!

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

ShakeZula posted:

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/857217913882857472

I'm no mathematician, but that sounds like half the teams!

More than half since you shouldn't count the Browns themselves.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

MrLogan posted:

More than half since you shouldn't count the Browns themselves.

Well to be fair they probably had some internal discussion about moving up from 12, but at any rate I think I was pretty clear about not being a mathematician :colbert:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

It would be awesome if the Steelers save us from ourselves with Mahomes.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

I was about to say hey new regime, you can't know that! Then I realized Snead somehow kept his job, how in the world did that happen?

Management really likes the new coaching staff they put together in the offseason. He probably needs the team to finish 8-8 and have the offense finish out of the bottom 12 to keep his job this year though.

a neat cape posted:

Who can be the most incompetent in LA? Stay tuned.

I feel like we're brothers now

You guys still have a good starting QB, that puts you 7 seasons ahead of the Rams

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
3 QBs go 1st round. Watson, Trubisky, and Kizer.

Dalvin Cook is picked before Christian McCaffery.

At least 4 trades happen in the 1st round but only 1 of them is in the top 10.

Some rumor hits twitter hours before the draft that seriously attacks a top 20 prospect. No video this time.

Ravens' make their make a wish kid stay up late by trading back into the late 1st round. They draft a linemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
:siren: Predict the pick contest :siren:

http://predictpick.nfl.com/?icampaign=ptp-nav-draft_hp

I set this up if anyone else wants to join. Submit a mock draft, it's pretty easy to fill out.

Group: SAGoons
PW: goon2017

• Locked thread