Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

holy gently caress that chogall skin is incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaod
May 29, 2004
That is a bad rear end skin I might reinstall the game and get that even though I rarely played him.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
Don't get too excited, he's not actually getting that as a skin.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

biznatchio posted:

Don't get too excited, he's not actually getting that as a skin.

lol you're right it's not in the patch notes

I figure I deserve this disappointment thinking that Blizzard could do something cool or good for once

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
What? I got that poo poo from reddit, are you telling me reddit is not right and good?

https://old.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/ha3zhu/a_showcase_of_the_new_maiev_and_chogall_skins/
https://old.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/h9outs/new_skins_and_mounts_chogall_got_a_greed_skin/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Owkj8ul7Cw

Maybe not technically "part of a patch" but it's from the PTR from what I gather, so maybe a skin pack or something.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

GIVE 👏 CHO'GALL 👏 AZMO'S 👏 NIPPLE 👏 RINGS 👏

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I finally bought Cho'Gall and whenever i queue to play one of then I get an error that no one else is queueing as the counterpart. Rip.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I finally bought Cho'Gall and whenever i queue to play one of then I get an error that no one else is queueing as the counterpart. Rip.

Yeah you gotta play with a friend in your party. They don't have to own Cho'Gall to play with him though. If you'd like, I'd be happy to party with you to help you play with him (Kaal#1679)

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Charles Bukowski posted:

yea, sorry if you didn't know - you cannot queue for any type of match as one-half of cho'gall. both halves need to be accounted for already, either within your QM group or selected at the same time during draft.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

You really wouldn't want to play Cho or Gall with a rando anyways.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Im_Special posted:

What? I got that poo poo from reddit, are you telling me reddit is not right and good?

https://old.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/ha3zhu/a_showcase_of_the_new_maiev_and_chogall_skins/
https://old.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/h9outs/new_skins_and_mounts_chogall_got_a_greed_skin/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Owkj8ul7Cw

Maybe not technically "part of a patch" but it's from the PTR from what I gather, so maybe a skin pack or something.

... Huh. So it is real. Neat.

I glanced at the HOTS reddit and didn't see it on the frontpage, so I assumed it was just a really well-done hoax. It's not like HOTS is any stranger to those.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Pedestrian Xing posted:

You really wouldn't want to play Cho or Gall with a rando anyways.

Tbh I'd rather ruin my relationship with a rando than a friend

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Blind picking Cho or Gall with no prior experience with a random partner sounds exactly like my hots.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I'm totally on board to play Cho when someone on my friends list wants to try out Gall. Doesn't matter who. Even if they are playing below your level, you will show them how to have map awareness, when to shift lanes, etc. If you are both skilled, you get to dominate the match like no other hero. Worst case scenario, it's like having any other ranged assassin on your team, except you force them to follow your positioning. I spend lots of time showing new Galls where to drop eye wards, and ping extra on revealed heroes to show why it's worth putting those wards up.

I only play Gall with people that I trust. It's not a high bar, but I'm not going to let some rando that is muted and banned from regular queue be my feet. You are far less in control being the second head. You can work in tandem as hard as you want, but if #1 BIG HEAD is making bad plays you're just along for the ride and can do nothing to stop it (besides crying in chat, which does not work).

When someone on my team tells me "I'm new at this hero" I take every chance to spoon feed them Cool Tips And Tricks that aren't mentioned on youtube hero reviews. When I'm Cho and they're Gall, I go the extra ten yards. I tell them what skills synergize between us, and make a build plan before the gates open and the match really starts. My absolute favorite Cho build is the autoattack one. It's not bad early-mid game, but 16 and 20 are loving HUGE power ramps. Searing strikes + hammer of twilight + 75% attack speed + your attacks become ranged is an absolute game ender, if the match even lasts that long. Usually I finish before/around lvl 16 and still have top hero damage % award.

Whatever my second head is doing, cool, extra damage. I never count on them to use SLAP at the right time. When it does happen, it's nice and maybe you escape something you shouldn't have. I beg them to drop good vision wards, how and where. If they don't, whatever. I still punch a guy and do big ogre damage.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

There 100% needs to be a 10v10 brawl where each team is made up of five AI Chos and five player Galls.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Daily changing brawls that count towards quests.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Kith posted:

There 100% needs to be a 10v10 brawl where each team is made up of five AI Chos and five player Galls.

That sounds terrible because you'd never leave the fountain. :v:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Not unless the level was absolutely FULL OF CONVEYOR BELTS?!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
You're giving them these ideas for free?!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Cuntellectual posted:

That sounds terrible because you'd never leave the fountain. :v:

And Shove has a 5 second cooldown.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I really do like the 5v5 one lane brawl format. It shuffles which heroes and talents are "the best" on paper, and you get a chance to play heroes you usually don't and take talents you usually don't. The matches where EVERYONE IS [hero] are always super fun, no matter what hero everyone is it becomes its own miniature universe of metas and playstyles.

Last year, I was disappointed that Pull Party (everyone is Stitches, unpassable water barrier between each team so you have to hook someone over and zerg them to death while the enemy team tries to hook them or you back across the pool) was not a brawl thing. It's the HotS version of Pudge Wars, a WC3 map where everyone is [Stitches] and instead of regular leveling you upgrade your hook to be ludicrous long and lethal and it ricochets off walls etc.

That is like the platonic ideal of a wacky Dota minigame. I have no idea why they didn't recycle it last year (was already implemented and used the year before that). It's one of the only time I played way more than my 3/3 weekly required brawl matches for loot.

Pudge Wars/Pull Party is super loving fun. I think there was a "everyone is Chromie" version too. I don't understand why these fun brawls didn't get reused last year. If they don't show up this year I will be a glum bum.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
The chromie and stitches ones were both excellent.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The issue with fun and interesting brawls is that not enough people played them. The endless stream of ARAMs keeps engagement up, whereas the genuinely interesting minigames typically only saw players dip into them for the rewards and then ditch them.

Krono99
Dec 5, 2003
Any bronze/sliver level goons want to do some storm league? A silver buddy and I (bronze/silver waffling) are getting more serious about trying to win and play with solid players.

If anyone wants to shoot me their B.Net name I'd be happy to group up in the evenings, we are usually on around 9 - midnight CST.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Kith posted:

The issue with fun and interesting brawls is that not enough people played them. The endless stream of ARAMs keeps engagement up, whereas the genuinely interesting minigames typically only saw players dip into them for the rewards and then ditch them.

those players wouldn't recognize fun if it buried them up to their neck in desert sand and left them for the ants and camel spiders

the players don't even know what they want. they should let me, the pudge wars MVP, speak on their behalf

DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE OMEGA SWARM MAP

I KNEW ALL THE COOL MEDIVH PORTAL SKIPS AND EVERYONE IN MY GAME CLAPPED WHEN I MADE THE PORTAL

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Mei feels pretty well tuned? And the climate anomalies are pretty dull, although I haven’t been on a foggy map yet.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Agree that Mei feels well tuned. She really excels on maps like Cursed Hollow and Garden of Terror where you need to channel an objective. She can solo delay/deny entry to the area long enough for her ally to channel and win the objective point.

The only thing I can find to complain about is the pathing when you slide with Icing (E). I noticed that I got stuck on sharp wall corners a few times and didn't slide the full distance. This happens with Butcher's charge and ETC/Illidan slides if you don't take the "moves over terrain" talent. I don't think it's a problem with Mei, just a game engine issue that shows up on one of Mei's skills

The talent for 3 second disable on enemy structures is really good with her skill set/role. It lets you dive on retreating heroes and finish them off without losing 90% of your health.

I think my favorite build with her so far is the mix of talents that buff your autoattack. Gives you good damage and self sustain. Even if nobody follows up on your initiation, you still come out ahead vs the enemy team.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
If you aim Mei’s snowball heroic at the corner of a wall, sometimes you go through that wall. Happened to me in spider temple. It was instant death after instant death.
We still won, nearly 200k damage as Leoric, along with 21 deaths.
45 minute game.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Blizzard needs to stop putting so many Blinds in this game I just want to play Kharazim in peace reeeeeee

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Yeah playing cassia sucks now. Just blinds blinds area stun area stun

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Good sir Cassia is directly contributing to the Blind Problem

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

One day Blizzard will learn that there should only be a very limited amount of characters that can roll hard CC and everyone else should be packing slows or nothing.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
This games performance tanked hard, WTF.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Im_Special posted:

This games performance tanked hard, WTF.

People seem to be blaming the weather anomalies. I've noticed a few instances of lag after the update but nothing more than the usual and framerates have been fine.

Mei seems balanced and not infuriating to play against from my few games so far. Only thing that feels potentially off is the crazy amount of health she has but I guess she is a tank after all. With Cryo-Freeze for regen, Icing for escape, and Avalanche to get people off you when you're in danger she's basically invincible unless you really screw up.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
The fog weather thing gives me bad framerate and maybe 1 or 2 seconds unplayable lag per match, but I'm not surprised since I bought this computer in 2017 for $250 and just wanted it to play HotS and Overwatch at 1080p high (not max) settings.

Do the weather effects make overspecced expensive computers chug too?

Sayara
May 10, 2009

WITCHCRAFT posted:

The fog weather thing gives me bad framerate and maybe 1 or 2 seconds unplayable lag per match, but I'm not surprised since I bought this computer in 2017 for $250 and just wanted it to play HotS and Overwatch at 1080p high (not max) settings.

Do the weather effects make overspecced expensive computers chug too?

Mine with Ryzen 1600AF and RX 580 has no issues with them.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm playing on a mactop and the update basically rendered it unplayable

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

After actually played Tassadar for the first time since that rework a while back, what in the actual gently caress is this damage.
He's like Gul'dan, if Gul'dan had more range and like three times the damage on his Q.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Orange Crush Rush posted:

After actually played Tassadar for the first time since that rework a while back, what in the actual gently caress is this damage.
He's like Gul'dan, if Gul'dan had more range and like three times the damage on his Q.

The rework release patch had Tassadar's Q build the strongest, and it was insane. The range didn't even factor into it. As long long as you were casting it every time it was off cooldown and hit heroes consistently you would top charts with insane hero damage.

Things were adjusted since then, and now his autoattack build shits out the biggest numbers. It is a tricky game to keep 100 charge, but if you do it right you will have the top siege and hero damage of anyone in the match by a long shot. Doesn't mean all that damage is meaningful; it's not finishing off heroes or pushing a lane hard and fast - you are just constantly AoEing everything within a screen's length and it adds up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

doing vs AI games with some friends because gently caress it, why not

got into a game with a Mei and i realized: her loading screen art is straight from overwatch

every other character in the game gets HOTS specific art, but not the most recent character

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm