Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
This thread will be moving to Games!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Karma Guard posted:

I had to deal with this last night :argh: Aba-Tracer is worse than Aba-Illidan, every time. It was depressing. They had Abathur and we got Zarya and she was a bot half the match.

e: kith can you make an effortpost for Stitches :kiddo:

Sure, I'll hammer one out when I have the time.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Murky is still the best character in the game

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Okay, Stitches.

Almost all of of Stitches' value is in being fat. Like, yeah, he's got the hook, he's got slows, he can kidnap people with Gorge, yadda yadda yadda. But the true value of Stitches is being as big of a nuisance as possible, and nothing dictates that better by building durability with his Level 1 Talents.

quote:

Savor the Flavor
When Devour hits a Hero, Stitches heals for an additional 8% of his maximum Health and Mana over 4 seconds.
❢ Quest: Hitting enemy Heroes with Devour increases Stitches's Health Regeneration by 1.5.

Patchwork Creation
Increase regeneration effects and all healing received by 15%. Whenever a nearby enemy Minion dies, restore 33 Health. Takedowns restores 255 Health.

Hungry for More
❢ Quest: Gathering a Regeneration Globe increases Stitches's maximum Health by 30.
❢ Reward: Every 15 Globes gathered permanently increases Stitches's Movement Speed by 5%, up to 20%.

Your Level 1 Talent should be based on the enemy team:
  • Do they have little to no Health Shred? Hungry for More. GET REAL BEEFY, BITCH and then eventually move faster (which is very useful for many reasons).
  • Do they have Health Shred? Savor the Flavor. Munch on Heroes as much as you can and heal so much you can walk off teamfights.
  • Patchwork Creation is Also There™ and incredibly good for ARAM because there will always be minions nearby. However, I'm a slut for stats and like going one of the other routes in ARAM for that reason.
Regardless of what you choose, lean your playstyle in whatever direction that your Level 1 Talent indicates and do your best to bother the enemy team by being huge and constantly getting in the way.

Speaking of getting in the way, playstyle. Hook is obviously important, and you should always be trying to fish for picks with it. However, Slam is also important - it slows on the inner reticle, so use that to make body-blocking easier or to ensure that your hooked target has a tougher time of escaping. However, the real meat (heh) is in Stitches' Basic Attacks: he hits decently hard for a tank, and Vile Cleaver's DOT grinds people down over time. I have topped Hero Damage many times as Stitches, primarily because I just kept hitting people and they assumed that I wasn't doing much with my time. Also, Devour is there. Use it as soon as you're missing 15% health or more. I know it heals for 20%, but it's got melee range, so by the time you actually land it you'll probably be missing 20%.

Outside of all that, the majority of Stitches' talents are good and mostly something you can take as per your own taste, with one exception: Digestive Juices.

quote:

Digestive Juices
Hitting a Hero with Devour reduces its cooldown by 5 seconds and causes the Hero hit to deal 50% reduces damage for 5 seconds.
Digestive Juices isn't good because it's great. It is so goddamn amazing, taking anything else at 16 is a mistake. All of the Level 1 Talents play into it, the 50% Damage Reduction is an excellent source of peel, it gives you more uptime on Devour - just take it, okay? Please. Lacerate and Gas Flare are cute DPS boosters, but being able to utterly neuter an enemy's damage output while also making one of the strongest self-heals in the game more common is just bonkers.

Last but not least, Heroics.

quote:

Gorge
Consume an enemy Hero, trapping them for 4 seconds. When Gorge ends, the enemy Hero takes 274 damage. The trapped Hero cannot move or act and doesn't take damage from other sources.
Kidnapping someone with Hook and then using Gorge to further kidnap them has obvious uses, but Gorge also has a less obvious use: removing someone from the fight. Shutting down a hypercarry or a healer or a tank for 4 seconds is incredibly valuable, and highly recommended if the enemy team has a star player that needs to be put in time-out so you can get to the rest of them. Gorge should be your slam-pick option if you have an even slightly aware Medivh - comboing it with Portals is a good way to relocate someone into another zipcode.

quote:

Putrid Bile
Emit bile that deals 37 damage per second to enemies within, Slowing them by 35% for 1.5 seconds. Gain 20% Movement Speed while emitting bile. Lasts 8 seconds.
Quite literally, The Good poo poo. Trundle into the enemy team to isolate someone with your goo and watch them panic and try to blow you up (and fail, because you're Stitches). Just don't take the Level 20 upgrade, the base version lasts plenty long enough and there isn't that much of a difference between a 35% Slow and a 45% Slow.

Overall, Stitches is pretty straightforward. I tend to get into the 60 hp/sec range when I play him in ARAM, and it's fun as hell just walking away from coordinated efforts to bring me down. The build I usually use is as follows:

Level 1 posted:

Savor the Flavor
When Devour hits a Hero, Stitches heals for an additional 8% of his maximum Health and Mana over 4 seconds.
❢ Quest: Hitting enemy Heroes with Devour increases Stitches's Health Regeneration by 1.5.
Health Shred isn't nearly as uncommon as it used to be, so I tend to gravitate towards Savor the Flavor because it's better for keeping me alive against that. Additionally, Savor the Flavor comes with the benefit of directly synergizing with later Talent choices whereas Hungry for More is mostly standalone in its impact.

Level 4 posted:

Playtime!
Heroes hit by Slam reduce the cooldowns of Stitches's other Basic Abilities by 0.5 seconds, increased to 2 seconds for Heroes that are hit by its inner impact area.
Hook and Devour are by far the most important parts of Stitches' kit, and this gives me more of both.

Level 7 posted:

Cannibalize
Hitting Heroes with Basic Attacks or the inner impact area of Slam heals Stitches for 2% of his maximum Health.
Makes Basic Attacks matter for more than chip damage and can potentially sustain you through brawls. Just keep choppin'.

Level 10 posted:

Either
Gorge is usually going to be your Heroic of choice just because removing someone has the most potential. However, if you find that you're having trouble getting good Hooks, I highly recommend Putrid Bile - Gorge's primary value comes as a Hook followup, and Putrid Bile's Mass Slow/Body Blocking/Panic Potential is not to be underestimated. Plus, Putrid Bile can be used as an escape in a pinch.

Level 13 posted:

Fishing Hook
Hook has an additional 40% range.
Expands your terror radius massively and makes game-defining long-shot yanks possible.

Level 16 posted:

Digestive Juices
Hitting a Hero with Devour reduces its cooldown by 5 seconds and causes the Hero hit to deal 50% reduced damage for 5 seconds.
Digestive Juices has too much going on for it to be second to anything. Plus, Devour cooldown reduction means more Savor the Flavor stacks.

Level 20 posted:

Second Helping
Devour gains 1 additional charge. Enemy Heroes hit by Devour reduce the cooldown of Stitches's Heroic Ability by 5 seconds.
More Devour, more sustain and more Savor the Flavor stacks. Additionally reduces the cooldown of your chosen Heroic, which is real goddamn useful no matter what you chose.

As an aside, I balk at Stitches' Heroic upgrades in general:
  • Hungry Hungry Stitches sounds great on paper, but usually just results in accidentally saving people from your team. If you're coordinated it's amazing, but cooldowns being what they are, you're unlikely to be able to burst down each enemy in the amount of time it takes for the Gorge effects to end for the others.
  • Potent Bile is a nice idea, but Putrid Bile lasts for a reasonable amount of time by default and there isn't THAT much of a difference between a 35% Slow and a 45% Slow.

Kith fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Feb 23, 2021

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Also here's an Abathur getting deleted and me and my buddy laughing maniacally about it.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I like Stitches a lot, thanks for that. I will admit to picking Gas Flare at 16 and I realize my mistake now.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
The secret to Stitches is realizing that Hook is probably the least defining part of his kit. It's a fun meme to land the perfect pick, but it's not necessary in order for him to serve his function. You're a fat stack of HP that can deal a deceptive amount of damage, and are one of the best peelers in the game (especially with the right talent build). Don't forget that you also do a pretty OK job at laning, or even at taking camps in a pinch.

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006
Just one spray keeps bad karma away!
Thanks, Kith! :3:

I like that talent that makes everyone Slammed slow down comically for .75s because people FREAK OUT and the running animations are funny at slow-speed.

I know they've really been trying to make Stitches more than Fat Boy With Hook with his laning... stuff and the really big Slam post-rework feels good. I just wish the base CD was a smidge lower.

e: like I said, I am motivated singlehandedly by the Roadhog skin we're gonna get.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

In retrospect I'm not happy with how little I covered the other talents, so I'll go over the build I use most often and amend it to the original effortpost.

Level 1 posted:

Savor the Flavor
Health Shred isn't nearly as uncommon as it used to be, so I tend to gravitate towards Savor the Flavor because it's better for keeping me alive against that. Additionally, Savor the Flavor comes with the benefit of directly synergizing with later Talent choices whereas Hungry for More is mostly standalone in its impact.

Level 4 posted:

Playtime!
Heroes hit by Slam reduce the cooldowns of Stitches's other Basic Abilities by 0.5 seconds, increased to 2 seconds for Heroes that are hit by its inner impact area.
Hook and Devour are by far the most important parts of Stitches' kit, and this gives me more of both.

Level 7 posted:

Cannibalize
Hitting Heroes with Basic Attacks or the inner impact area of Slam heals Stitches for 2% of his maximum Health.
Makes Basic Attacks matter for more than chip damage and can potentially sustain you through brawls. Just keep choppin'.

Level 10 posted:

Either
Gorge is usually going to be your Heroic of choice just because removing someone has the most potential. However, if you find that you're having trouble getting good Hooks, I highly recommend Putrid Bile - Gorge's primary value comes as a Hook followup, and Putrid Bile's Mass Slow/Body Blocking/Panic Potential is not to be underestimated. Plus, Putrid Bile can be used as an escape in a pinch.

Level 13 posted:

Fishing Hook
Hook has an additional 40% range.
Expands your terror radius massively and makes game-defining long-shot yanks possible.

Level 16 posted:

Digestive Juices
Hitting a Hero with Devour reduces its cooldown by 5 seconds and causes the Hero hit to deal 50% reduced damage for 5 seconds.
Digestive Juices has too much going on for it to be second to anything. Plus, Devour cooldown reduction means more Savor the Flavor stacks.

Level 20 posted:

Second Helping
Devour gains 1 additional charge. Enemy Heroes hit by Devour reduce the cooldown of Stitches's Heroic Ability by 5 seconds.
More Devour, more sustain and more Savor the Flavor stacks. Additionally reduces the cooldown of your chosen Heroic, which is real goddamn useful no matter what you chose.

As an aside, I balk at Stitches' Heroic upgrades in general:
  • Hungry Hungry Stitches sounds great on paper, but usually just results in accidentally saving people from your team. If you're coordinated it's amazing, but cooldowns being what they are, you're unlikely to be able to burst down each enemy in the amount of time it takes for the Gorge effects to end for the others.
  • Potent Bile is a nice idea, but Putrid Bile lasts for a reasonable amount of time by default and there isn't THAT much of a difference between a 35% Slow and a 45% Slow.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Do you play him as a main tank or a bruiser with this build?

InformationHigh
Jun 27, 2004

What the gently caress revealed him? I WENT TO THE TAPE and you guys suddenly had vision on him.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

InformationHigh posted:

What the gently caress revealed him? I WENT TO THE TAPE and you guys suddenly had vision on him.
Tyrande level 20 talent. Abathur basically shouldn't leave spawn after 20 vs Tyrande or else he'll just die to an owl.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Ort posted:

Do you play him as a main tank or a bruiser with this build?

The beautiful thing about Stitches is that you can be either as the situation demands. All that really differs between "Bruiser Stitches" or "Tank Stitches" is your mindset at the time, similarly to Blaze.

InformationHigh posted:

As No Wave mentioned, Tyrande's Heroic Upgrade for Shadowstalk reveals enemies:

quote:

Eyes of the Huntress
Shadowstalk reveals all enemy Heroes for 10 seconds and heals for 50% more.

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006

Kith posted:

The beautiful thing about Stitches is that you can be either as the situation demands. All that really differs between "Bruiser Stitches" or "Tank Stitches" is your mindset at the time, similarly to Blaze.

So Stitches is... good now? Like, I remember him being thoroughly mediocre and I like Muradin's playstyle more (the ability to go NO, STOP with any of your abilities and also not a squeaky-hammer of damage. Also, not gonna lie, the Candy King skin). When I deal with them in a game, I'm usually the guy with the health shred, or trying to ignore him completely because, well, what's he gonna do to stop me from being a horrible little gremlin?

I almost exclusively play QM, which probably explains it.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Karma Guard posted:

So Stitches is... good now? Like, I remember him being thoroughly mediocre and I like Muradin's playstyle more (the ability to go NO, STOP with any of your abilities and also not a squeaky-hammer of damage. Also, not gonna lie, the Candy King skin). When I deal with them in a game, I'm usually the guy with the health shred, or trying to ignore him completely because, well, what's he gonna do to stop me from being a horrible little gremlin?

I mean, I've avoided played Stitches for years because I'm terrified of being expected to land the hook. But I've played a few games with him following Kith's guide and yeah, in the right context he's pretty loving strong. At one point late game, after stacking Savor the Flavour all game, I was able to tank being attacked by an Artanis and Garrosh and soaking shots from a keep while my teammates rushed it down. Then I just loving walked away with less than a quarter of my health left. I went top to clear a lane and grab a globe. My health regen was so high that by the time I linked up with my team again thirty seconds later, I was already back at half health.

But I've also played games where I just get CC'd to death or my team doesn't take advantage of the opportunities I create or I can't catch up to the squishes to chop them down. In those cases, Stitches can't do poo poo.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Karma Guard posted:

So Stitches is... good now?
Stitches has always been good situationally. You've gotta know how to use him properly or he's just kinda... there. For example, you can land the most amazing hooks in the world, but if you're only getting Genji, it's not going to matter.

1stGear posted:

At one point late game, after stacking Savor the Flavour all game, I was able to tank being attacked by an Artanis and Garrosh and soaking shots from a keep while my teammates rushed it down. Then I just loving walked away with less than a quarter of my health left. I went top to clear a lane and grab a globe. My health regen was so high that by the time I linked up with my team again thirty seconds later, I was already back at half health.
This is 100% of the reason I play Stitches. Being able to survive that much damage and then simply walk it off is like doing drugs.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
Stitches is super fun and his Slam builds have always been pretty reliable, particularly now that team fights are the absolute center of the game. Hook picks are great and all, but it's his ability to constantly deliver slows and DOT, while being a pile of regening health, that is truly powerful. Putrid Bile and Pulverize are excellent alternatives to Gorge and Fishing Hook, particularly if you're not finding good hook targets.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Stitches was the first character I played a lot. Tempted to reinstall and give it a go since I miss my giant friend.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Just save hook for your lovely overzealous teammates who go to deep every fight.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Karma Guard posted:

nah he's pretty poo poo right now and if you're looking to win the only reason to take him is for hook + gorge. His damage is low even amongst tanks, and his lack of CC other than some weak slows and the micro stun that hook provides doesn't make things any better.

Taking hook out of the equation (ex. hook is on CD or the fight has already started and separating would have minimal impact) Leoric and Muradin basically do everything Stitches can do but they do it way better.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Actually upgrade my earlier disdain to just ‘gently caress Lunara’; she’s stupid common right now, and playing melee Assassins whilst she’s around is just misery.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

BattleHamster posted:

nah he's pretty poo poo right now and if you're looking to win the only reason to take him is for hook + gorge. His damage is low even amongst tanks, and his lack of CC other than some weak slows and the micro stun that hook provides doesn't make things any better.

Taking hook out of the equation (ex. hook is on CD or the fight has already started and separating would have minimal impact) Leoric and Muradin basically do everything Stitches can do but they do it way better.

Counterpoint, pick Stitches and hope the QM gods gives you an Alexstraza teammate and then go nuts on globes.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
My personal favorite stitches build MAX THE ENDLESS HP REGEN QUEST NEVER STOP. You take Savor The Flavor at 1 Playtime at 4, and any time it isn't a teamfight for the objective you spam Devour then immediately Slam a hero to reduce the cooldown. When Devour is almost off cooldown again, you want to be right up against a hero to smooch them again then immediately Slam to reduce cooldown, repeat ad infinitum

Ult choice is dependent on the match. Like Kith said, if you have a good target to Hook -> Gorge go for it and ruin their day. Works terribly against super mobile heroes like Genji or Tracer. If you have no good targets or can't reliably land hooks go for Putrid Bile instead. When a teamfight is about to start, make sure all your skills are ready to use. Cast Putrid Bile then initiate by waddling all over the loving objective area turbo speed, especially the parts that contain enemy heroes. Just like laning, cast Devour as soon as you need it, Slam to reduce cooldown, waddle around more while stuttering your autoattacks and movement. Forcing the enemy team to all fight in your poo gas + vile cleaver DoT is a good chunk of damage, you just aren't doing it to a single target and it doesn't all happen at once. If you really need to kill/disable one specific hero then you NEED to land a long hook -> gorge and take them very far away from the fight.

Hook->gorge is a huge cooldown and you need to land both to make it effective. If you whiff on the hook frequently, don't build for it. Be a big farty AoE poisoner dude and practice your hooks not expecting them to land. It takes a lot of practice.

The 16/20 Devour talents are amazing. -50% damage on an enemy hero, click to apply, not a skillshot, you cannot miss. That's huge in the late game. On top of that, both talents let you stack even more HP regen. I've gotten to ~80 HP regen in a sub 15 minute match by focusing hard on using Devour every time it's off cooldown. That's on top the the instant heal when you hit a hero with it.

Haven't done autoattack self-heal build since the rework, used to work really well against melee assassins/bruisers if there were no blinds. More situational but that build has probably the highest self-heal potential of any hero in the game.

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006
Is there a CDR talent that isn't a slam-pick?

The devs have promised a patch early next week. :toot:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Karma Guard posted:

Is there a CDR talent that isn't a slam-pick?

There are several, actually. Off of the top of my head, Uther's W quest is basically a trap talent, and Azmodan's cooldown quest is situational.

quote:

The devs have promised a patch early next week. :toot:

loling that they couldn't make a 15 minute panel at blizzcon discussing the state of the game to preview the patch content

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
I always pick Azmo's dunk talents and judge everyone that doesn't. If routinely doing 40% of the team's siege and hero damage is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006

Kith posted:

loling that they couldn't make a 15 minute panel at blizzcon discussing the state of the game to preview the patch content

Don't forget, we only know about the Overwatch skins because someone put up the art in their gallery and didn't tell the devs. Someone just fuckin found it.

minema
May 31, 2011
Azmo is literally the only DPS I can reliably play well, I think it's because you can get away with poor positioning a bit better since he's got so much health. Any recommendations for other DPS heroes might use similar skills? I'm terrible at this game and stuck in high silver if that makes a difference.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

minema posted:

Azmo is literally the only DPS I can reliably play well, I think it's because you can get away with poor positioning a bit better since he's got so much health. Any recommendations for other DPS heroes might use similar skills? I'm terrible at this game and stuck in high silver if that makes a difference.

If you're looking for characters with similar cast:impact ratios that can help you learn positioning, Kael'thas and Li-Ming are good choices. With these characters, the only time you should be moving towards the enemy is to get into range for a spell. Every other moment should be spent walking away from them, and getting into that habit can help you learn the skills necessary to improve.

If you're looking for high-damage characters with similar durabilities because you don't care about improving and just want to have fun killing mans, Raynor and Tychus are good choices. While both are much more attack-heavy than Azmodan, Raynor is deceptively durable due to his self-heal and Tychus is just a chunky fella in general (who can also get access to a substantial self-heal at 13).

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006

Kith posted:

If you're looking for characters with similar cast:impact ratios that can help you learn positioning, Kael'thas and Li-Ming are good choices. With these characters, the only time you should be moving towards the enemy is to get into range for a spell. Every other moment should be spent walking away from them, and getting into that habit can help you learn the skills necessary to improve.

If you're looking for high-damage characters with similar durabilities because you don't care about improving and just want to have fun killing mans, Raynor and Tychus are good choices. While both are much more attack-heavy than Azmodan, Raynor is deceptively durable due to his self-heal and Tychus is just a chunky fella in general (who can also get access to a substantial self-heal at 13).

I will note that for some reason, when you're playing KT you WILL die at least once from wandering in a little too close. You will, and you will feel stupid, and then you will do it again in the next game. KT's range is juuuuuuust enough to make you complacent. However, you do get to be insufferably smug about it as you blow people up. The voice acting in hots is top notch and KT's is great. Make me an announcer, blizz. Let me add some smug into my games.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Also, if you go Kael do not take Convection at level 1. People will instantly realize that you suck with the hero and laugh when you're at level 20 with zero stacks accumulated. Take the mana shield perk instead.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

orangelex44 posted:

Also, if you go Kael do not take Convection at level 1. People will instantly realize that you suck with the hero and laugh when you're at level 20 with zero stacks accumulated. Take the mana shield perk instead.

But that extra 100 damage when i finish the quest at level 17 is totally worth

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
First QM yesterday, I had a Illidan that became incredibly toxic immediately after the first bad team fight and resulted in our Abathur and him just bitching at each other and eventually both feeding. So I joined leaver's queue. My two leaver's queue games were really close, solid games where my teams were either silent or supportive. First game back in QM, my Anduin and Muradin both immediately start feeding after we lose the first objective.

I am now back in leaver's queue and looking forward to some quality games.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

As long as we're complaining about sweeping hero changes, I'm not super jazzed about the D.Va. updates.

Before the update I felt like I could keep up constant pressure with Mecha mode and pilot mode. Pilot mode had good sustained single target DPS and could exert pressure, forcing enemy heroes to flee. The big shot helped accentuate that and maintain range.

Now pilot mode is a total hindrance and only feels like it has any punch if you spec into all of the big shot talents (the capstone at 20 being key). Even then it's not worth it for the extra utility you give up.

Granted, the changes to the mech give it much greater survivability and makes nerf this more viable, but I really liked the adrenaline pumping, glass cannon pressure playstyle that I got when I was in pilot mode. Overall I think the play is significantly duller with D.Va now.

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006

Gameko posted:

As long as we're complaining about sweeping hero changes, I'm not super jazzed about the D.Va. updates.

Before the update I felt like I could keep up constant pressure with Mecha mode and pilot mode. Pilot mode had good sustained single target DPS and could exert pressure, forcing enemy heroes to flee. The big shot helped accentuate that and maintain range.

Now pilot mode is a total hindrance and only feels like it has any punch if you spec into all of the big shot talents (the capstone at 20 being key). Even then it's not worth it for the extra utility you give up.

Granted, the changes to the mech give it much greater survivability and makes nerf this more viable, but I really liked the adrenaline pumping, glass cannon pressure playstyle that I got when I was in pilot mode. Overall I think the play is significantly duller with D.Va now.

I actually totally love the D.Va updates, but I do genuinely think that she needs a smidge more survival in Pilot mode. In Overwatch it IS pretty much just the other half of the D.Va kill there- the HoTs version of her is a lot more hardy, which is saying something.

Post-update she's a lot better at doing Bruiser Things. The only thing I actively dislike is the loss of the booster CDR talent early on.

idk what to do to make her less an easy kill without it being absolute horseshit, but I don't make hots :v:

E: one free Q-dash as pilot (and then tough poo poo get the talent) per Meka-loss?

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

I'd like to see Q-dash in as a base skill, but that's just me.

EDIT: Make it theme-y and give her a hop ability. If you time your button press perfectly you can skill dodge an opponent. This talent should not be used for mobility at all, so it's a very short hop on a...1 second cooldown?

Gameko fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 1, 2021

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Gameko posted:

This talent should not be used for mobility at all

Gameko posted:

1 second cooldown
these two things are in total and direct opposition to each other, hth

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

The idea of it not being a mobility tool and instead being maive's invulnerability jump, but like half the duration and on a 30 second timer or something sounds kinda funny to me. Like dva just does a little hop off the ground and that's it.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

imagining brightwing's phase out being on a 1 second cooldown and giggling like an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The overall goal was to mimic dva hopping around in pilot mode in overwatch in a foolish bid to avoid getting shot.

Of course I can’t aim so it works on me...