Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Getting the Jade Monkey King skin for Samuro makes me wish I was actually good with him. He seems really solid if you can actually pull off the sort of stuff Grubby does with the Illusion Master heroic where you use it to juke people constantly and split push, but that's just way above my skill grade.

I hated Samuro until I got a random Monkey King skin. His regular voice is just so bad and annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Genji announcer lol

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

It's actually a good choice, Genji's VA does a good job imo and HotS has let him be goofier than Overwatch (it'll help when they fix the pre-match banter bug). D.Va makes sense too.

Yeah I do like the VA, I just laugh because it's Genji

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Janitor Leoric
Skellington Xul

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Semper Fudge posted:

Retire Blackhearts Bay and make Blackheart a hero imho

That would be neat, a Nexus category of heroes

Although would it dilute the game of being a Blizzard all-stars style game if they added completely new and unique heroes that were outside any existing game?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

Could just add them to the blizzard classic category that only has the TLV so far and could only really fit Blackthorne and a Rock'n'Roll Racing race car. Besides there are plenty of other characters that stretch the 'all-star from an existing game,' definition.
Nova was a character from an unfinished/scrapped game and had appeared in 0 blizzard games until HotS. Hell wasn't Kerrigan the only female ghost we saw in game in SC before her?
ETC the rockstar is not a unit in any warcraft, or a WoW NPC, he's a fun nod to the band (named after a wc3 unit) some Blizzard devs play in.

ETC is in WoW, also apparently Samuro is the singer

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It could be a temporary rez, after 10 seconds people die again

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The best part of goon discords is when there is that one goon who just keeps ragging on other goons and complaining about how he keeps losing with goons but he still keeps playing with them for some reason

There is always one in every goon game discord

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Peter Dinklage sucked in Destiny

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

If you are busy playing your teams characters and telling them where to be and what to do, who is playing your character?

namaste

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Fellatio del Toro posted:

There's one guaranteed way to get a random team to focus on a single target, and it's Gul'dan casting Life Drain on a minion.

Just get the talent that resets the cooldown on minions that die with life drain on them

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I'm glad that the hell dimension is merging with ours

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It's Ghom

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

I need to get better at ignoring tanks and going for soft targets. Was in a game with some goons last night where we got obliterated in part because a Chen would park his fat rear end in our group and everyone would try to focus him down. I knew I was doing it too but couldn't help it at times. His health bar was low and it was just so tempting...

I get so much satisfaction as a tank when this happens. Alternatively when they ignore me the rest of the game it makes me feel like I'm a waste of a teammate

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Bogart posted:

Deckard Cain :(

We didn't listen

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Semper Fudge posted:

Is Malthael the first hero without a master skin? Had the feeling those might get the kibosh sooner rather than later.

Maybe he will have them, doesn't it take a day or so for the reveal vid to release?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Toshimo posted:

Tychus spray with animated pecs is the best thing in that video, scrubs.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

*Malthael wraith strikes you*

Heh nothing personnel kid

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Ragnaros is a decent pick for a melee/range hybrid assassin

If the enemy team is a lot of range just go full meteor build which causes them to move position or else eat an entire meteor

Melee heavy teams go hammer for sustain.

Just watch out as you have no escapes other than a slight speed boost blastwave if you talent for that.

Also never choose lava wave, always his hammer toss, the stun is amazing in team fights and does a huge amount of damage on direct hit.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

If the smash lands, and your team is following up. Being a level or 2 up (or not being a level or 2 down) from all the exp consistently timed and good waves can gobble up is overlooked a lot.

Guys, remember the context here was a dude just trying to figure out the game, at his tier of play just not falling behind or staying ahead is the biggest advantage over wombo combo team wipes. I'd rather someone know how to use a suboptimal build or hero and do a serviceable job than cling to build orthodoxy and grab 'the correct' choice of character or build and flail.

Like I completely agree that smash is where a lot of rag's teamfight utility comes from but it's just hyperbole to say

I bet you pick rain of destruction

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

remember to always use :ragcool:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Grubby is the best announcer

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Medivh

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Spudd posted:

They already had a whiny scientist nerd character with Stetmann I don't know why they made a new whiny scientist. I liked Stetmann's whiny-ness. Especially in the Starcraft 2 co-op missions he's in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGpZmh5EvL8&t=608s

Wow I thought it was Stetmann, aren't the voice actors the same guy?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

New Hero will be Doomfist, released in Overwatch and HotS at the same time

He will be a melee support

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Warsong Gulch BG?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It's Kloctus

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

One of two Terran Admirals sent to defend/cleanse the Zerg threat when they are first discovered.

They find a PSI Emitter and a guy named Duran (who is actually in league with the Xel'Naga - an ancient race that created the Zerg and Protoss and want to assimilate/destroy the universe) who seems to know a lot about the Zerg.

Duran tells them they need to destroy the PSI Disrupter.

The other Admiral with Stukov agrees and they set out to destroy it.

Stukov gets there first and disassembles it instead of destroying it.

Duran figures this out and tells the other Admiral that Stukov has betrayed him.

Stukov gets killed and as he is dying tells the other Admiral that the PSI Disrupter is key to defeating the Zerg. It can break their hivemind and turn them feral.

The other Admiral hesitates and decides to keep it.

They figure out that Duran has betrayed them.

They recover Stukov's body and give him a heroes funeral by shooting his coffin into space.

The Zerg recover Stukov's body, infest it, and resurrect him to provide them with information about the Terran.

Infested Stukov eventually gets captured and Raynor administers a prototype cure developed by The Protoss that destroys Zerg cells and preserves non-Zerg biomass (effectively curing Zerg infestation)

Stukov is cured and sent to the Mobius institute for study to develop a permanent cure for infestation.

The Mobius Institute is a front run by Duran (under a new identity) and they instead experiment on Stukov.

The Protoss cure turns out to be temporary and Stukov slowly becomes reinfested.

Kerrigan attacks the Mobius Institute when she figures out that it is a Xel'Naga front. Stukov joins her.

Stukov is half terran and half zerg and just wants to kill everyone who betrayed him.

Most of this happens outside of the games too between SC1 and his seemingly random appearance in SC2 because Blizzard won't come up with cool new characters but rather resurrect old ones and corrupt them

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

About a week until the PTR

They seem to be pretty quick on releasing the new heroes lately.

Also they cut back on the amount of gold given out, pushing people to buy gems. Gotta keep that loot coming in!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It's canon.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Stukov massive shove one shots weak heroes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKLTbJMJOSI

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

new hero Blackheart

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Genji is very mobile and tricky to kill while doing a lot of damage. Even with recent nerfs he's just tedious to fight if you don't concentrate him down.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Shibawanko posted:

We played hots at a friends home lan party over the weekend, we formed a team with 5 smiling beach Tychus portraits, I guess it mustve looked pretty intimidating to the other team.

It's the only portrait you'll ever need again

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Wait, can you not get Cho'gall for free any more by playing with someone who already has him?

Nope, but you can play as one of the heads if your friend has Cho'gall without needing to own the hero yourself

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

Can we talk about a much more perplexing design decision, that the sales haven't rolled over or that Cho'gall is on sale for the second week in a row.

gall was last week this week is Cho

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Kloctus

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

it's Amon

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Or a Dark Portal map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

orb build is my favorite QM Li-Ming build. It's so nice and safe and hitting your orbs is very satisfying.

:orb: