Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Aaaand Herostorm 2.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

God drat I wish Blizz would loving ban these people

As long as you remember to report them, they will.

beejay posted:

They have logs of all chat even whispers. Screenshot won't hurt though. Unless you are Ralexa in that shot.

The important thing to remember is that yes, they have logs, but they don't check that poo poo on their own because I'm pretty sure you'd kill yourself if your job was to trawl through chat logs for a Blizzard game. There's waaaaaay too much chat going on for them to actively monitor every single channel.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

It's honestly pretty funny to see Morales stuck in a t-pose because her armguards are so huge.

There's a reason we have the Medivac instead of the Medivulture. :v:

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Macaluso posted:

I would want all of Gallywix's abilities to be money related. Or maybe work like Abuthur where he stays back commanding troops or something from his Pleasure Palace back near spawn.

Also I still want a swarm of Mantid. Give me the Paragons of the Klaxxi blizz

Again, I just don't think it's feasible to include all of them in a single character. I'd totally be up for Kil'ruk being in Heroes, though.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Macaluso posted:

I dunno how it'd work, I'm sure Blizzard could think of something, but the Mantid really need to be in a swarm as one unit I think. You could single out one of the Klaxxi but I think just thematically you need to have them together.

That being said of course, there are nine of them. You can't realistically have a swarm of nine Mantid roaming around the map and have it work. I think you need to have like 4 or something and have the other fly in and take the place of fallen one maybe? Or have them fly in for an ult? I dunno. I just like the idea of a swarm of Mantid and I feel like they could figure something out to make that work. (just as long as they don't play like The Lost Vikings).

Of course at the end of the day I would absolutely just SETTLE for Kil'ruk cause I loving love the Mantid you guys and even a single one would be fine with me. Then I would also like a Klaxxi voice pack thank you

Hell, there's ten of them if you include Malik the Unscathed, and somehow I don't think it'd be reasonable to just drop nine additional bodies into a battle as an Ult. Not unless they were all really tiny, like Army of the Dead and Demonic Invasion, and I just don't think that'd do them justice.

Could maybe go for having like a Dread Wastes map, and the objective is the Paragons coming in to help your team? But then that loses out on having them be playable...

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

p-hop posted:

Blood Raven skin for Sylvanas.

You are now imagining Sylvanas in a suit of red Space Marine power armor.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

tcjimbo posted:

It's a good idea to compose a team with a tank, a healer, and something resembling waveclear unless you want your games to last forever. It's also a good idea to stick together with the team when pushing with the shrine guy; try and guess who were the pubbies on our team!

61 kills jesus christ

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Just make one-lane Braxis with endless zerg waves.

From both sides. :unsmigghh:

And by endless zerg waves I mean you shouldn't be able to see the GROUND through all the zerg.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Chaos Reigns (Q)
Moved (to level 4) from Level 7
New Funtionality:
!Quest: Hit 15 enemy Heroes with Discord Strike.
Reward: Increase Discord Strike's damage by 60.
!Quest: Hit 2 enemy Heroes with of (sic) Discord Strike in a single cast.
Reward: Increase Discord Strike's damage by 60.
!Quest: Hit 3 enemy Heroes with Discord Strike in a single cast.
Reward: Increase Discord Strike's damage by 60 and complete all quests on this talent.

:psyboom:

Now THAT is a cool quest talent, rewarding you for using Discord Strike skillfully, rather than just lobbing it at as many people as possible in order to complete the quest.

W.T. Fits posted:

loving FINALLY.

Edit: Alarak rework is in this patch, too.

Post a goddamn link you monkey.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

quote:

Last Laugh (Active)
Cooldown increased from 20 to 30 seconds
Range decreased by 15%
Adjusted functionality:
Activate to remove all roots, slows, and damage over time effects and teleport to the chosen location
After 4 seconds, reduce Alarak’s Health to 1
If Alarak damages 3 enemy Heroes with Basic Abilities within 4 seconds after teleporting, his Health is not reduced

HMMMMM

So you can use Last Laugh as an engage, but only if you're using it to dive into at least three people.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Secret message in Lunara's base HP?

You're gonna have to explain this one to me.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Kai Tave posted:

I never even considered using Abathur to clone Cho'Gal, that's actually kind of brilliant.

It's actually kind of not, because you don't get any of Gall's abilities.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Abroham Lincoln posted:

what's their alternate monetization for not charging for heroes and maps

You have to actually buy the game. HotS is free.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

This is the more appropriate one.

Like, what's the point of having a mech if its only weapon is weaker than a loving pistol?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It's meant to be durable and mobile so they don't lose their ace pilots. They deploy tons of them at once against the mecha Godzilla so the guns add up

Point is that if the pistol is stronger than the shotgun cannons, why not just strap a pair of those onto the mech? It makes literally zero sense for her damage to be higher outside of the mech.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Mind over Matter posted:

Lore and gameplay balance are not the same thing.

It doesn't make sense from a game balance perspective either.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

:nallears: Yes, the character that gives up armor in exchange for speed and damage is totally not a thing whatsoever.

You don't "give up" poo poo, you die except instead of dying you now do more damage and have to be killed a second time.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

Except that you can literally be jumped on, have no escape unless you pick the talents for it and fall over to a stiff breeze. I've seen D'vas in games die because they overestimate their survivability out of mech and die just before they can get back in. I don't think it's fair to say that you don't give up anything.

The point is that you don't willingly give up your survivability for damage, you give it up because you died or you used one of your abilities that forces you to do it for a few seconds, at which point you can get it back in a matter of seconds.

Like, Cho'Gall gives up survivability for damage (Or damage for survivability). D.va does not. She just gets a free extra life where she does more damage and can effortlessly get back into her mech unless you immediately dive her.

vvvEDIT: Oh look, it's another dipshit who doesn't understand my gimmick.

Shadowlyger fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 29, 2017

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

What do you do as Probius against divers like Illidan besides pray?

Die. You can also die.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Varian and D.Va not being classified as tanks is loving ruinous

Yeah, isn't D.va classed as a bruiser? And yet she does gently caress all damage but is tanky as gently caress.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'm unsure if this is a step up or down from draenei qt

Up. There is no "down" from draenei. Draenei are literally at the bottom.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

A second candle appears to have gone out.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

Yikes. Maybe we'll see Medan one day :v:

I'd actually kind of like to see him in HotS, just to see what kind of absurd kit he'd have since he's cross-classed like three classes.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

wait on the topic of his backstory how is he around? I mean in HotS, it's whatever, since it's a brawler and there's no story or timeline, but he's a big deal in WoW again right? Isn't he still the Lich King/a ghost in haunted armor?

That's Ner'zhul, but yes, original Gul'dan is very dead and died when he tried to pilfer the Tomb of Sargeras.

New Gul'dan is from a different timeline and was more of a bro to the Legion, but we just killed him too.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Dive actually does slow the target briefly while Illidan performs the flip animation.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Spudd posted:

Does it though or is it just the game registering Illidan is in front of the other character so the other character tries to path way around it?

I distinctly recall Blizzard talking about Dive slowing the target and it being an intended part of Illidan's kit. It's to make sure the flip animation goes off correctly.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

peer posted:

One difference between the two, made very clear if you've played the most recent WoW expansion (you shouldn't): while Reaper is treated as a teenager who wears a trenchcoat and convinces himself he's tough while everyone laughs behind his back, Blizzard desperately wants you to think Illidan is cool and badass, to the point of having A Literal God tell you how great he is.

Naaru aren't gods.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

dehaka isn't a bug, he is a precious puppy dog as is shown by carbot animations

I'm pretty sure you will find he is actually a Yoshi.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

The teaser in the launcher is literally a shot of the Dark Portal taken from World of Warcraft. :allears:

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

You are correct, my brain had just purged their existence from it.

There are also infested hellbats somehow.

There is a pilot in there.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

The biggest issue is that Thrall completely neglected to mention that his "war hero" father was a big fuckup

Literally everyone, Thrall included, mentioned that Grom was a fuckup. Garrosh never listened.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Maybe I need to go redo those Nagrand quests again, then, because my admittedly hazy memory was basically a bunch of Grom apologia.

Granted, the entire Horde is built on glorifying all the lovely old orcs of the past, so. :v:

It's not in Nagrand, and you won't be able to see it at this point because it was part of the Wrath pre-launch event. Thrall and Garrosh get into a fight because of Thrall reminding him that Grom was an rear end in a top hat. Several other people throughout Wrath and Cataclysm tell him he should aim to be less like Grom, the problem was it apparently went in one ear and out the other.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Basically, Thrall had three reasons for choosing Garrosh:
1) He was an orc. Thrall felt his critics among the orcish part of the Horde would never stand for a non-orc being made Warchief. That eliminates Cairne, Vol'jin, Lothemar and Sylvanas by default, not to mention that despite being allied with the Forsaken, there's no way in hell he trusted Sylvanas enough to put her in charge, especially after the Wrathgate.
2) He was young. Thrall felt like if he put Etrigg or Varok Saurfang in charge, it'd be unpopular with the majority of the Horde because they're kinda old and set in their ways, whereas a younger warchief would bring a fresh perspective and new ideas.
3) He was a war hero. The orcs, and most of the rest of the Horde, are a martial society, and more likely to listen to and follow orders from a war hero who's won glory and honor out on the battlefield.

Thrall straight up told Cairne before he left that he would have originally picked Dranosh Saurfang, Varok's son, as his first choice... but Dranosh kinda got his rear end killed by trying to Leeroy Jenkins the Lich King at the Wrathgate, which kinda left Garrosh, son of Hellscream, as the only choice by default in Thrall's eyes.

Continuing from this, Thrall was hoping that being Warchief would teach Garrosh some patience and responsibility. By the time it became obvious that it really wasn't working, Thrall was in no position to just march in and kick Garrosh out; Thrall had spent the better part of a year keeping the world from imploding into the Maelstrom and Garrosh had taken that time to create a cult of personality around himself, so it wasn't until Garrosh had thoroughly pissed off everybody that they were able to throw in an assault on Orgrimmar in order to kick him out.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

And yet it still sounds more interesting than "throw an axe on the ground with purple poo poo around it".

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

Good to know your opinions about Garrosh are objectively incorrect even in this case.

Do you not see how incredibly loving boring it would be to base his kit on the raid encounter? Those abilities have zero synergy.

Besides, do any of the Warcraft characters have a kit that is even remotely based on their WoW ability list? Like, other than the Hammer of Twilight, Cho'Gall's abilities have gently caress all to do with his raid encounter, and that's because those abilities were based on a goddamn raid. Turns out they don't really translate all that well into a MOBA.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Zwiebel posted:

I'm genuinely surprised that the reception for Garrosh seems to be lukewarm, since I'm eating my words about yet another boring Warcraft hero. I really like his kit and the toss is a cool addition to the game.

I guess he might be disappointing for people that play Warcraft?

I play Warcraft and I am excited as gently caress to throw people over gates.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Bogart posted:

Stukov: cool Zerg Russian admiral
Garrosh: why is he red? all the other orcs are green

He's brown, and because he wasn't one of the ones that drank Mannoroth's blood.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

lucifirius posted:

Diablo trait might be a quest

Diablo's doesn't make the little bling noise when you kill stuff, so no, it's not a quest. Butcher's on the other hand, is a quest.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

But is abattoir baked in? Without checkpoints in his quest or reduction in how much he loses it's like they exasperated his problems. The bad Butchers I've seen aren't avoiding teamfights and soaking for the first 6-8 minutes. They're the ones turbo diving and dying, which the new version only seems to encourage.

They basically have reduced the amount he loses. Presumably, he still loses ten meat on death, but now that's only five points of damage, as opposed to the ten it was before... or five, with Abattoir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

The only part of Abattoir that's still around is Heroes continue to drop meat after you finish the quest, though it's only 10, not 25.

I mean, you effectively still get the "lose less" part of Abattoir, because the damage you lose after the change is the same damage you'd lose before the change, with Abattoir.