Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco
The Grom thread is cool, come on. Also the guy that did MABDR on a scooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
i got no problem with the ride report but why the naked pics

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Why not though

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
:shuckyes:

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

BloodRed posted:

i got no problem with the ride report but why the naked pics

Sound like you haven't done your CA required viewing:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871781

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

For real, complaining about a picture of a naked man is very advrider.com.txt

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

quote:

That was back in the days of the symbol of women's lib being them throwing away their bras. I think there were several marches where they flung bras away with great relish. Eventually they changed their minds, collectively as women sometimes do, and decided they liked their bras again. So now you see women sometimes with and sometimes without the bra.

You can thank the 60's and the Hippies for this.
https://advrider.com/f/threads/girl-on-an-old-motorcycle-post-your-pics.400341/page-1313#post-36354639

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
What a cesspool.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Haha women, am I right guys?

*gets me-too’ed*

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
He seems bitter but I'm unclear on what about. Women wearing bras sometimes but also not wearing bras sometimes?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

He seems bitter but I'm unclear on what about. Women wearing bras sometimes but also not wearing bras sometimes?

I'll bet anything that the explanation involves 'PC gone mad' and/or biotruths poo poo.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I want yall to read this.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Is that just seven pages of that dude talking to himself?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Pretty much. I haven't looked into the 450 megathread to see what prompted it yet.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Pretty much. I haven't looked into the 450 megathread to see what prompted it yet.

I looked there when I was figuring out which 450 to get and it was like four reasonable people, a ton of Honda fanboys and a ton of KTM fanboys slapfighting so... seems like it would have been perfect for that dude?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

BIKELIFE - These Morons coming to a city near you.

Choice replies:

quote:

2 cops cars. length of 3/8 cable between cars. I sign, 1/4 mile back, warning! Road Closed. Cameras showing warning signs, and the riders ignoring signs and what happens when they hit the cable. Herd them into a prison bus and take them to jail. Use a front end loader to dump the bikes into dump trucks.

quote:

Well, that's your brain thinking factually. Early 20s black guy on a dirt bike in the city, riding wheelies, no gear, probably stolen.

quote:

If there was no element of criminal behavior involved these people wouldn't be riding.

quote:

A couple water cannons sweeping the wheels out from under them would get to the bottom of this fuckery.

quote:

When do we just get the army national guard involved? FFS...

quote:

What the BLOODY HELL has happened to Cleveland? Ten years ago, when I lived there...that kind of thing would have had the coroner stacking bodies of perps.

Cleveland...Lakewood...Rocky River. Lakewood's cops had an iron fist. And Rocky River, has people with money. Is EVERYONE so afraid of black skin, they just look down and shrug at this?

quote:

So I guess you're onboard with this.

I don't see whites doing this sort of reckless endangerment anywhere. And I have NEVER seen riders do it - yes, I know the story of the Hell's Angels in California.

But the California cops were not afraid of being called "ray sissed" for stopping Hell's Angels' violence.

That's what this is about. Anytime a cop, even a black cop, arrests a black perp, it's ray sissm.

They're DARING it to happen.

Cleveland PD was taken over by the Federal DoJ, Federal oversight, for allegedly being ray sissed. Lakewood...ten years ago it was a suburb in transition. I don't know how that shook out. Rocky River was wealthy suburban, and white. Sorry. Demographics ARE.

Cleveland Heights tried to meet these guys halfway - but there's no fun in acting out in majority-black Cleveland Heights.

Have you EVER seen a group of whites, or Asians, or even Hispanics, ANYWHERE, ride on a public roadway like that? For 25 miles, through four jurisdictions?

quote:

I don't think you want to get in on that.

It would go down like Portland. Portland PD standing by while Antifa thugs beat an elderly white man - for being white.

quote:

One of the BIKELIFE videos has a scene where the riders are cornered by cops - and all the POC riders drop the bikes and flee on foot, leaving the bikes lying in the road. What does that tell you?

quote:

I don't get it. So it's a "black thing"? Are they riding like that for a particular reason? For some type of cause? Or just to be idiots?

quote:

It's not a black thing. It's a gang thing. Show everybody they "own" the streets. Baltimore has had a bad problem with this for a long time. Juveniles who want to be gang bangers "prove" themselves by doing the stealing of bikes and hand them over to the gangs soldiers who haul them back to the cities where they are given to trusted juvenile "runners" who use them to run drugs from the safe house to the street dealer and money from the dealer back to the house. Police are forbidden to peruse them because pursuit has been deemed unsafe. It's not just drug gangs that do stupid stunt thing. Hanger arounds and lawless types who think it's cool buy into it too.

quote:

Is this behavior a Negro type of thing?

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne2z5S2INM8

That took me literally 5 seconds to find on YouTube. "Never see whites doing this!"

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

The worst shitlord in that thread has been featured in here before:

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

The worst shitlord in that thread has been featured in here before:

I was going to ask what "ray sissed" meant, then you linked to this thread and the connection to the OP was super obvious.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

belt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne2z5S2INM8

That took me literally 5 seconds to find on YouTube. "Never see whites doing this!"

those are floridians, not whites

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh cool now I'm angry at the internet. Thanks.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I dunno guys. Is this a bad idea? Who among us could assess it's worth as an idea.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

We got an ideas guy around here?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I think of muh-self as an eye-dee-awhs man, and have often operated pit-kawx in the past so I can render an opinion on said post. I will avoid using the original spelling of such devices here so as not to offend those who came of age around about the turn of the second thousand years since the birth of Christ (mihl-ennie-awls) because I know that it could be construed as referring to gendered organs which are now outlawed.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i wanna see a video of this guy apparently losing control from the reckless, dangerous move of taking one hand off the bars for a few seconds

e: also what the gently caress kind of advrider is he anyway if he doesn't even have a fuel gauge. jeez

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think he wobbled, he just had trouble finding the petcock on the underside of his bulbous desert tank, which I can relate to, but I never thought "hmmm, maybe instead of almost running out of gas on the highway, I could instead fully run out of gas on the highway" :thunk:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

How do you know how a reserve tap works but not know how it works at the same time?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

i wanna see a video of this guy apparently losing control from the reckless, dangerous move of taking one hand off the bars for a few seconds

e: also what the gently caress kind of advrider is he anyway if he doesn't even have a fuel gauge. jeez

Probably a klr rider. milk crate tank bag restricts access to the petcock.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 26, 2019

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I've been in that situation and had to pull over to the shoulder through traffic to find the petcock and get it flipped to reserve.

1) It wasn't harrowing by any means, mostly just embarrassing and 2) it was my own loving fault for not checking the gas level in the tank before I took off.

Slavvy posted:

How do you know how a reserve tap works but not know how it works at the same time?

And then ask the internet to validate his idiocy

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

cursedshitbox posted:

Probably a klr rider. milk crate tank bag restricts access to the petcock.

lmfao it's this

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Jazzzzz posted:

I've been in that situation and had to pull over to the shoulder through traffic to find the petcock and get it flipped to reserve.

1) It wasn't harrowing by any means, mostly just embarrassing and 2) it was my own loving fault for not checking the gas level in the tank before I took off.

And then ask the internet to validate his idiocy

This happened to me with my first bike a week after I bought it and I was still learning what I was doing. Ended up coasting into a cool old lady's driveway and she came out and asked if I checked the fuel petcock. I became a lot more diligent after that, but I never blamed the bike for it. A poor craftsman blaming his tools and whatnot.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Community motorcycle garages

OP posted:

Forgive me if this belongs elsewhere, but have you used a community motorcycle garage? And if so, did you like it or not?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Are the places he's talking about actually real? I always thought they were just Instagram set pieces and those hipster muppets have actual normal shops to work in when they aren't posing for the internet.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Slavvy posted:

Are the places he's talking about actually real? I always thought they were just Instagram set pieces and those hipster muppets have actual normal shops to work in when they aren't posing for the internet.

ya there's one here in atl called brother moto

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Presently there's a minor argument in the "girl on an old bike" pic thread about whether halter tops + bellbottom jeans are more attractive than tank tops + yoga pants or not. And several of the posters have asserted that they remember a time in history when holes in jeans was a sign of poverty and not a fashion statement, which I assume means pre-1967?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh boy I can’t wait for the boomers on advrider to weigh in on what makes a woman attractive. My guess is an inability to vote?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Oh boy I can’t wait for the boomers on advrider to weigh in on what makes a woman attractive.

What kind of stove she's using.