Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

(She looks something like this, except her claw hand is the size of a normal human hand.)
DARKKLAW the Delinquent

quote:

How did you get your powers?

I was born with 'em! 'Course, the one who taught me how ta use 'em properly was the leader of my old gang, Brooke. Brooke took in abandoned mutant children, like me, an' taught us how ta use our powers, an' how ta survive out in the streets. She was like a big sister ta us, and I owe her my life for what she's done for me.

quote:

What do you do for fun?

What don't I do for fun? I'm all about kickin' some serious rear end, an' havin' a blast doin' it! If it ain't fun, then what's the point?

But th' #1 thing I love doing? Dancing! I love ta dance! Me an' my old crew, we'd get out th' ol' boombox, blast out our music, an' start dancin' on the streets! Th' cops never liked it when we'd do that, but yo, real talk; 'eff em! They ain't gonna stop us from expressin' ourselves!

quote:

Who, outside the team, thinks better of you than you do?

That'd be th' one who convinced me ta give this whole hero biz a shot; Artemis.

Like I said, I used ta belong to a gang called Wyld Ones, lead by Brooke, an' we were all about takin' down slimy, corrupt bigshots who trample on people like us. We'd take everything valuable they had, an' give it ta those who actually needed it. We were like modern day Robin Hoods or some poo poo! Well, Robin Hood if he was more agressive, violent, an' blowin' up property, too.

...Thing is, as much as I am about stickin' it to th' man an' all, th' whole "violence" part never stuck well with me. Brooke always told us, if we wanted t' change this whole corrupt system, we'd have ta break a few eggs, an' sometimes those eggs jus' happen ta be the people caught in th' middle.

I never agreed with that.

Remember that whole shitstorm at MaxiCorp a few months ago? Brooke spent months planning a raid ta take th' whole company down, but she never expected 'em ta hire T.A.L.O.N., a group a' badass mercenaries with a buncha crazy high tech weaponry, ta ambush us. poo poo got outta control really fast, an' we had ta book it. There were explosions. Lots of explosions, and lottsa fire, an' the buildin' was practically fallin' apart. That's when I noticed a huge chunk of debris headin' straight for a lady an' her kid. Brooke told me ta leave 'em alone, and ta focus on escapin', but I couldn't, ya know? So I warped to 'em, and got 'em outta the way of the debris. I ended up getting caught in one of the explosions, knocking me out fer a while.

Next thing I know, I woke up in a cell, an' sittin' right in front a me was Artemis. I was expectin' her ta grill me over my gang, and Brooke, but instead she smiled at me, an' said;

"You're quite the troublemaker, aren't you? Vandalism, theft, destruction of property, the list goes on, and yet, I see there's some actual good in you. Why else would you risk your own life to save the woman and her child? Let me ask you this; how would you like to make an actual difference in the world?"

That's when she gave me an offer; she'd talk to th' higher ups, and convince 'em on putting me on probation instead of jail, an' in exchange, I'll join a team, an' give this whole hero thing a try. She told me there was no rush, and to take my time thinking about it, and I did. I spent a good, long time thinking about it.

Fer as much as I look up to her and respect her, Brooke's ways were always too violent fer me, an' it always bothered me. How're we makin' a difference if people get hurt cuz of us? Aren't we all about lookin' out fer the little guy? I'm all about messin' with creeps who deserve it, but we were taking it too far. That's when I made my decision, and took Artemis on her offer. I still wanted ta fight, and ta make a difference, but I ain't gonna get innocents hurt no more.

Brooke... wasn't happy when I told her my decision. She was quiet for a while, an' then she looked at me, an' said, "Go, then, but know this; you are no longer welcome here anymore. You are our enemy now, and we won't hold back against you," and then she turned around an' left.

It stung. Brooke and th' others were the closest thing I had ta a family, and leavin' em was th' hardest decision I ever had ta make, but it's too late for regrets now, ain't it?

quote:

Why do you try to be a hero?

Imma be real with you fer a second; I hate bullies. I hate stuck-up jerks who think they're better than anybody else just cuz they got more money or power or some poo poo, an' I hate it even more when they start stompin' all over the little guy. I try ta be a hero so I can give those shitbags a lesson. Takin' 'em down never stops being satisfying.

Oh, an' also bein' a hero IS FRIKKIN' RAD, YO! Takin' down badguys, goin' to some kickass locations, living in a sweet-rear end base, it's the best!

quote:

Why do you care about the team?

They're my crew, yo! We're, like, heroes making a difference an' poo poo, and it's dope as hell! An' they ain't a buncha buzzkills like other heroes, too!

The Delinquent posted:

Hero rear end-kickin' Name: DARKKLAW
Private Boring Name: Jessie
Mask: Delinquent
Looks: Woman, white, laughing eyes, rebellious clothing, no costume
High Concept: Orphaned mutant girl and ex-anarchist. Fights for good now (Sorta)

Abilities
Teleportation: As long as I can see it, I can teleport to that location in a cloud of dark purple mist.
Power Absorption: If I touch anybody with my klaw hand, I can absorb their powers, an' make 'em my own, leavin' the other guy powerless fer a few minutes. Beating up villains with their own power is prettttyyy sweet, yo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEItCGjqcmc
Oni Mask (Incomplete) (Super Strength, Limited Invincibility)

Labels
Freak: +0
Danger: +1
Savior: -1
Superior: +2
Mundane: +1

Moves:
❑ Team? What team?: When you use Team selfishly, clear a condition or mark potential. The first time in a session that you use Team to help a teammate, take +1 forward.

❑ Criminal mind: When you assess the situation, you can always ask one of the following questions, even on a miss:
- what here is useful or valuable to me?
- how could I best infuriate or provoke
____________?
- what’s the best way in/way past?

❑ Are you watching closely?: When you mislead, distract, or trick someone, roll + Superior. On a hit, they are fooled, at least for a moment. On a 10+, choose three. On a 7-9, choose two.
- you get an opportunity
- you expose a weakness or flaw
- you confuse them for some time
- you avoid further entanglement
On a miss, you’re hopelessly embroiled in it and under pressure; mark a condition

Advancement

❑ Troublemaker: When you help a teammate through destructive, criminal, or rule-breaking actions, you can give them a +2 instead of a +1 when you spend a Team from the pool.

Moment of Truth
This is when you show them what you really are. Whether you’re the hero underneath the rebel facade...or the one who can make the hard choices heroes can’t make. You do whatever it takes to show that truth, whether it’s saving the day from a terrible villain or stopping a bad guy once and for all. Of course, once you’ve shown what you really are, there’s no going back to playing the clown...

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if they think you’re cool. If they say yes, give them Influence and take Influence over them. If they say no, mark a condition or spurn them immediately. If they’re a teammate, then either way, add a Team to the pool. When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them Influence over you, and ask them who they’d like you to be. Mark potential if you show them that person. If they’re a teammate, add a Team to the pool no matter what.

When our team first came together…
We totally broke some major rules to win the fight. What rules did we break? Whose rules were they?

Relationships
You keep trying to impress Romhack with your antics.

You and Armor Witch pulled an awesome (if illegal) stunt together.

See below.

Influence
You care way more than you let on. Give three teammates Influence over you.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Tricky posted:

DARKKLAW: How do people feel about mutants?

Not great. Ya'd think livin' in a city where ya have dudes shootin' fire outta their fingertips would make people more receptive of mutants, but nope, the general public'd rather look at us like we're monsters or some poo poo. I'm one of the lucky ones, though. I can at least hide most of my beastly features, and pass myself off as a regular human. I've met other mutants who don't have that same luxury as me.

quote:

What's the greatest trick you ever pulled? Who's still sore about it?

Hah! Yer talking about the thing I pulled off with Armor Witch, right? That wasn't just one of my usual pranks; that was an act of sweet, sweet justice, yo!

Delilah Blackmoore is one of th' biggest, anti-mutant jerks around, an' she's been causing lotsa trouble fer Artemis and the Justice Alliance fer letting "an untrustworthy mutant child join their ranks." She's been makin' a huge deal about it on th' news, and it was pissin' me off big time! Artemis told me ta just ignore her, but I couldn't. I can't ignore a bully. That ain't the DARKKLAW way!

I had a plan, but I needed some help. I couldn't do it alone. Armor Witch was the only one around at th' time, an' I told 'im to come with me, an' he did! He didn't even ask why! He just nodded, and followed behind me. I tell ya, that guy's a real bro.

Anyways, we made our way to Buttmoore's fancy mansion, an' that's when the real fun started! Haha, ya shoulda seen the house when we were done with it, it was like a real work'a art! We TPed the whole place, spraypainted her as a giant butt on the walls, threw all her expensive crap out into th' streets, an' we even left the toilet seat up! An' that wasn't all! We found some real shady poo poo while we were renovating the place up, poo poo that linked her straight ta organized crime! What a shocker, right? Who woulda thunk that a politician isn't as clean as they make themselves out ta be?

Ain't gonna lie, I haven't had that much fun in a long, long while. Well, 'cept fer the part were we almost got into big trouble fer what we've done (Well, not as much trouble as Buttmoore is in now). If it wasn't fer Armor Witch's family bailing us out, I don't think I'd still be here speaking with ya.

Buttmoore's still pissed as hell fer us exposing her, but tha's what ya get fer messing with me an' th' Justice Alliance!

quote:

Which member of the Justice Alliance do you most respect? Why?

It's Artemis. No big surprise there. She's the one who gave me a chance ta be a hero, an' she's the one who keeps sticking up for me. She even appreciates my pranks! Man, I wish I was half as cool as her.

quote:

Who is your best non-powered friend? How did you meet?

Emi is like my homegirl! I met 'er one night when she was being harassed by some douchebags who wouldn't leave 'er alone. I couldn't leave 'er alone, so I took care of those jerks, and sent 'em crying to their mommies!

I was ready fer Emi to freak out over me, like most people do, but she didn't. She thanked me, an' even told me how cool I looked kicking their butts!

I walked her back to her place, an' we ended up talking a good long while about music. Turns out she has th' same taste in music as I do, an' she even has her own band! They're called the Anarchy Girls, an' she's the lead singer/guitarist. I hang out with 'em sometimes during their jam sessions, an' they're always super cool with me being around.

Emi's like a sister ta me, an' I'm always glad I'm friends with someone as cool as her.

Armor Witch posted:

Question for DARKKLAW: Do you think that your rough upbringing has made you strong? Stronger than if you had grown up in a less... harsh environment?

...Real talk? It ain't about bein' tough. Never was. I just did what I had to survive, y'know? Life in th' streets is rough, 'specially if yer a mutant. Ya never know when yer next meal is, an' do ya know what it's like ta sleep in a cold alleyway when it's raining? It blows. That poo poo doesn't make ya "strong." All it does is make ya appreciate the things you've never before even more.

An' between you an' me? I'd trade all these sweet rear end powers fer a stable life...

quote:

(BONUS QUESTION YOU CAN TELL ARMOR WITCH IS ASKING BY HIS SHY TONE): Do you think my upbringing, surrounded and supported by family, has made me coddled and weak?

Oh hell no! Family's important, man! Yer lucky ya got people who support the poo poo out of you! Ya got people who'd go outta their way ta help ya when yer in trouble, an' that's cool as hell!

Havin' a family that loves ya makes ya stronger, yo! It gives ya a strong reason ta fight an' poo poo, an' always try yer hardest! Don't let anyone tell ya yer a wuss just cuz ya got a loving family! I'll punch anyone in th' face if they tell ya that!

----

Question for Rene: Yo, that bike of yours is dope! How'd ya get such a dope-rear end space bike? And, uh, any chance I could take it out fer a ride? I promise I won't wreck it!

Bonus Question for Rene: DARKKLAW slides a folded piece of paper to Rene. When you unfold the paper, it says, in DK's signature sloppy handwriting;

quote:

do you think i'm cool

Yes [ ] Hell yes [ ]

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Apr 29, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

quote:

When our team first came together…
We totally broke some major rules to win the fight. What rules did we break? Whose rules were they?

I still don't know what that thing was, but it was one tough S.O.B.

I had ta throw everything at that thing! And I mean everything! I used anything I could get my hands on as a weapon. Chairs, TVs, fire extinguishers, game consoles, an' even the kitchen sink (don't ask)!

...What? Yea, of course I was tryin' ta stop it. Did ya think I wuz using this as an excuse to cause millions of dollars worth of property damage for fun? Yeesh, give me a little credit here!

Anyways, that's when I remembered the giant, probably really expensive, monitor they had set up fer the tournament, an' that's when I had my brilliant idea! I lead th' thing to th' main venue, an' once I got it where I wanted it to be, I dropped the giant TV on top of it, and WHAM! That was enough to knock it's lights out fer good! Oh, sure, the main stage got wrecked up pretty badly, too, an' we might've started a small fire, but ya can't argue with th' results!

• Locked thread