Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

13 ain't nothing, put me down for 50.

https://tubitv.com/category/horror also has a pretty decent selection if you don't mind commercials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Decided to pair up a first time viewing with a rewatch so yesterday was...

1. The Mirror (Netflix) Typical haunted item found footage flick, I dug it but I have a thing for found footage movies anyway. The characters weren't annoying but do dumb poo poo which comes with the territory of this subgenre. Surprisingly a bit gory towards the end as well. 8/10 (First time)
2. The Thing (Blu ray) The 2011 prequel which gets a lot of hate but I kinda likeit a lot, certainly not on the level of Carpenter's Thing but what the hell could be? CGI ain't too bad and the one scene with The Thing merging with Eric Christian Olsen is hard to watch. 8/10 (Rewatch)

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

3. The Mist (DVD) It's awesome, we've all seen it (and if not, it's on Prime) and we all either dig or hate the ending (I dig it). Watching the colored version again does make me prefer the black and white version on the DVD even more though.10/10 (Rewatch)
4. The Disappoints Room (Netflix) Dull Haunted House/Psychological trauma movie that has Kate Beckinsale who looks eerily like Dee from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and a thankfully short run time that even then stretches your patience because we've seen all of this poo poo before. 3/10 (First time)

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

5. Night of the Lepus (Turner Classic Movies) '70s giant killer rabbit movie, it's fun in the way those '70s killer animal movies can be. Surprisingly gory and has yet another example of a kid you want to see die almost instantly in a Horror movie. 7/10 (Rewatch)
6. World War Z (blu ray) I like it, it has problems but it does the mass panic/zombie stuff real well. Little less CGI would have been nice but whatever. 8/10 (Rewatch)
7. The Portal (Hulu) Odd Horror anthology that has no real wrap-around and the only thing each story has in common is that they're all about death. It's...just an odd little movie, not too bad though and most of the stories are at least decent but nothing really stood out. 7/10

• Locked thread