Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Professor Shark posted:

Is Yvonne Strahovski actually good in this? I'm not a huge Atwood fan, but wanted to give this show a shot, however Strahovski is terrible

She plays the role of Serena Joy very well imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The one thing I find totally unbelievable is how quickly they make the modern world fall in this show. Goes from like 0 to religious militia they've never heard of once locking women out of their jobs. I know why they do it because of a lack of time it's just really weird how they chose to do it.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Also the interrogator in episode 3 is a godawful actor. It's really jarring in a show with such a solid cast.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

First particicution happens in the second episode. Or was it in the pilot? I forget. It's been probably a decade or more since I read handmaids tale so I can't say how closely this is keeping to the book.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

vaginadeathgrip posted:

Anyone else find the music weirdly off putting? Took me right out when Simple Minds started playing.

The Jay Reatard playing as Ofglen was realizing her genitals had just been mutilated was a really strange musical choice for that moment.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

it takes place in cambridge, which is next to boston. boston has a population of 500k, cambridge is around 100k.

Oddly it's mainly shot in Cambridge, Ontario which looks nothing like Cambridge Massachusetts really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

If I recall correctly the Sons of Jacob hold the entire continental United States. Except Alaska where the remnants of the US Government escaped to and operate from. Also possibly Hawaii is not under their control I think.

• Locked thread