Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Is Yvonne Strahovski actually good in this? I'm not a huge Atwood fan, but wanted to give this show a shot, however Strahovski is terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

whalesteak posted:

"If you find any part of the show less enjoyable than any other part, don't discuss how it might be better, just stop watching" is a really stupid thing to say on a message board devoted to discussing tv.

I call this "TVIV Syndrome", it's how you end up with threads full of people posting :siren: :tviv: !!!!!!!! :tviv: :siren: over and over for bland network hack poo poo and then telling people to just stop watching/ stop posting when they suggest a show could have done something better

Anyway, I enjoyed the first episode. It's been almost a decade since I read the book, I think I'll pick up a copy this summer.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

precision posted:

Yeah that was great. Elizabeth Moss is a big indie rock fan so I'm thinking that was her choice.

The music is easily the weakest part of the show, the ending for Ep3 would have been better silent

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

What is technology like in this show? Sometimes it seems that they don't even have indoor lights, but the scene with Ofglen looks very sci fi

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I don't think the math on that one would hold up, aren't most men sterile and best and mutant producing at worst?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Episode 4 felt really different than the other three, like it was made before the others or something

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Every scene in this show feels like it's stretched out in order to fill time

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That is not much of a path

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

ex post facho posted:

what the gently caress is with the terrible scoring on this show

It's a solid 70% type show in my mind

100% anytime Ann Dowd is onscreen. Seriously, if you'd told me a few years ago that one of my favorite actors would be the middle aged, secondary character, insane lady from True Detective I wouldn't have believed you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I don't think I'll be back for season 2

• Locked thread