Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

It's not. The book is set only a handful of years after the revolution, and the "middle period" of cyclical purges and internal power struggles begins soon afterwards. The book's epilogue is

Can everyone that read the books put things in the books that haven't been covered in the show in spoilers please? Randomly posting the book's epilogue unspoiled is ridiculous. I understand people that read the book are trying to be helpful by giving some context but I would really prefer potential spoilers from the book not be left unspoiled. Isn't that the basic policy with game of thrones threads?

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

nah it's an important book and i would assume anyone interested in the show would have read it.

Most people I know watching this have not read the book. Not everyone reads the same books. I don't understand why it's a big issue to type the spoiler tags.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 7, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

If everyone in this thread was Canadian it would be believable that most read the book because it was part of the school curriculum up here, at least in some school boards. In the American system they read... Coloring books? Religious tracts? Help me out here

Off the top of my head some books and plays I was assigned in high school include To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby, Of Mice and Men, Lord of the Flies, The Scarlet Letter, Hamlet, The Illustrated Man, Fahrenheit 451, Death of a Salesman, Their Eyes Were Watching God, Heart of Darkness, The Crucible, The Odyssey, The Confessions of St. Augustine, Hedda Gabler, A Doll's House,The Canterbury Tales, The Old Man and the Sea, Great Expectations, and A Tale of Two Cities.

My high school did not assign 1984 which I found ridiculous and read on my own time.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 7, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Was that where the book ends minus the epilogue or did they cut out a chunk for season 2?

• Locked thread