Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Defenestration posted:

The soundtrack is bad use of contemporary music and completely heavy handed.

My issue with the soundtrack isn't the lyrics, I honestly don't pay attention. It is just after having a downer of an episode, these upbeat pop/rock songs really just seem to not fit the tone of the show. Honestly a nice instrumental piece or some classical music would suit most of these endings much better. For a very solid show, the use of music at the end of the episodes is the worst part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

They're also pretty inconsistent with how strictly Offred is held to the handmaid rules inside or outside the Waterford residence but that just might be sloppy mistakes or things done for plot convenience.

I don't think that's an inconsistency. There are people who lead perfectly fine and satisfactory lives in North Korea or other countries ruled by dictators. The rules for the general population aren't necessarily enforced on the higher ups and the Waterfords are pretty high up there (though it doesn't seem like they're the highest)./

• Locked thread