Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Rad Russian posted:

Best part is he's probably legally in the clear and will be doing more events. It's not a scam in the legal sense since pizza WAS provided and all info was vague on purpose. No one can stop someone from charging a bunch of money for a small slice of lovely pizza. People are just too dumb to buy $150 tickets with no info on them and which don't say exact things like "this ticket will grant you 10 free slices and also get you X Y and Z at the event". They just see VIP access! and throw money at it.

Maybe, except the part where he also sold tickets to a "burger festival" at the same time and place. People with burger festival tickets were not allowed to have any of the micropizza because that was only for pizza festival people. No burgers ever materialized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Anyone want to buy some tickets to cake fest 2017? It's in my backyard and you'll each get half of a hostess cupcake. VIP tickets: $600.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Literally A Person posted:

Anyone want to buy some tickets to cake fest 2017? It's in my backyard and you'll each get half of a hostess cupcake. VIP tickets: $600.

Who will be the farter?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Iron Crowned posted:

Who will be the farter?

Obviously JaRule has expressed interest but I'm sure if he's busy we can get a bunch of low rent not-actually-famous models.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
They must be the stupidest people ever and deserve it

Di Fara is right there

I hope the new festival is avocado based.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
$75 is like 4 large pizzas.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Literally A Person posted:

You should "accidentally" capitalize Cake so you can draw in the weirdos that like Cake.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Rad Russian posted:

This is the guy who keeps scamming dumb New Yorkers:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ishmael-osekre-2172016/

Education lists Columbia AND Harvard. He knows what he's doing.

Lol yeah let's trust what's on a scammer's linkedin profile

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Can we goldmine archive this thread yet?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

RULE BABY

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
I want to have an ice cream festival, charge people $75 a ticket and just dump a bunch of discount off brand ice cream pints (1 pint per person) onto a hot parking lot that I rented and throw a bunch of those tiny plastic sample spoons on top and call it a day.

I feel like as long as I had the proper permits, had it power washed afterwards and didn't open any of the pints myself for food safety issues I wouldn't be breaking any laws.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Three Olives posted:

I want to have an ice cream festival, charge people $75 a ticket and just dump a bunch of discount off brand ice cream pints (1 pint per person) onto a hot parking lot that I rented and throw a bunch of those tiny plastic sample spoons on top and call it a day.

I feel like as long as I had the proper permits, had it power washed afterwards and didn't open any of the pints myself for food safety issues I wouldn't be breaking any laws.

One pint per person is still going to be a better value than they've gotten from Fyre festival or the Pizza festival.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Grouchio posted:

Can we goldmine archive this thread yet?

Yeah, you should have just made a new thread about a new scam.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Fair enough. I wasn't sure if it merited a new thread on its own or if was better in tandem.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I feel like this pIzza festival missed its chance to sell a pizza eating experience with ~instagram models~

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
What gives, I got back from Pizza fest and was hopping on to post a thread about it when I got an error message saying "Sorry, a thread already exists about Pizza fest" and a link to this fruit on the bottom's post. Now we're all locked out and no one can do it. You hosed up, fruit on the bottom, big time

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 14, 2017

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
Tomorrowworld was like this. They put a bunch of idiots on a fireant infested horse farm and sold them hella expensive tokens for foods like a burger with no sides or drinks

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Dumb Lowtax posted:

What gives, I got back from Pizza fest and was hopping on to post a thread about it when I got an error message saying "Sorry, a thread already exists about Pizza fest" and a link to this fruit on the bottom's post. Now we're all locked out and no one can do it. You hosed up, fruit on the bottom, big time

That'll be $75

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

nerdz posted:

Lol yeah let's trust what's on a scammer's linkedin profile

:thejoke:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

whip posted:

Tomorrowworld was like this. They put a bunch of idiots on a fireant infested horse farm and sold them hella expensive tokens for foods like a burger with no sides or drinks

Lol sorry there were bugs at your tiesto concert

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm starting to feel like a way to really genuinely be a legend is to throw a moderately decent, kinda unremarkable music fest but hella overbudget for food, just make it a loving orgy of consumption

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

WhyteRyce posted:

You should "accidentally" capitalize Cake so you can draw in the weirdos that like Cake.

I wonder if they'd go the distance for that?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Welcome to postfest 2017. $10 and you can post with me, Instagram model Ron Jeremy

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Ron Jeremy posted:

Welcome to postfest 2017. $10 and you can post with me, Instagram model Ron Jeremy

Do I get my own tent and pizza oven?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ron Jeremy posted:

wait a second... this isn't the ron jeremy i was expecting! i want my money back!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Data Graham posted:

I'm starting to feel like a way to really genuinely be a legend is to throw a moderately decent, kinda unremarkable music fest but hella overbudget for food, just make it a loving orgy of consumption

Given you can get pretty good margins on food, depending on how you source it, this might not even be hard.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Inescapable Duck posted:

Given you can get pretty good margins on food, depending on how you source it, this might not even be hard.

I think that's the funniest part about the scam food festivals posted recently, like dude could just take a small hit on his ROA and leave people not even that dissapointed. he coulda ordered a bunch of specialty pizzas from local places and still made off like a bandit at 75 bucks a ticket but he went above and beyond in scamming,

Might as well just thrown his huge balls on a table during the festival and been like "if you're still hungry you can suck these".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
A hipster lays dying outside the festival, half eaten tiny slice of pizza in hand, vultures circling overhead.

• Locked thread