Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Evil, apocalyptic sounding version of Kid Charlemagne.

[crossing fog door and Do it Again plays]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

[steely dan plays in the background ominously]

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

[crossing fog door and Do it Again plays]

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Wormskull posted:

stick figures “stick figures” guy announcing “announces opinion” large man thumbs up “thumbs up”

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

stick figures “stick figures” guy announcing “announces opinion” large man thumbs up “thumbs up”

Lol

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
1500+ new posts with 1400 of them being empty quotes.. yea that's my poo poo

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

have you ever had friends before

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

I'm going to empty 1400 bullets in you and then quote this at your eulogy. That's an empty quote for you bitch.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

insane anime posted:

just too much to read, sorry

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

insane anime posted:

Goons that can’t conceive of people liking their posts always ftw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Here’s the trick. You scroll through until people empty quote something more than once, people that you trust. If they keep empty quoting poo poo you don’t like you empty quote them and call them assholes and tell them to shut up. Then you move on. You also empty quote poo poo you like as well, preferably a post at a time. You CAN get through this, just don’t give up.

WS

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Actually only half of that is real advice. Just realized you might do all of it at once due to your implicit trust of me and ruin the thread for my own benefit, which is selfish and cringe.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

someone for the love of god put this retard out of his and my misery

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’m only trying to be helpful because I appreciate the audacity of saying something that stupid and unpopular in the goldmine thread. Your lucky I don’t have extra money or an IKship right now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
People getting mad at emptyquotes is always funny to me lol. Man I loving HATE when I'm at the party and everyone keeps laughing. SHUT THE gently caress UP and each tell one joke at a time in an orderly fashion.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Empty quotes save your loving life when your dealing with threads everyone wants to chime in on. And probably have saved thousands of lurkers lives as well.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

As for me, I've got a prequel trilogy to rewatch.

But enjoy your thread.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

People getting mad at emptyquotes is always funny to me lol. Man I loving HATE when I'm at the party and everyone keeps laughing. SHUT THE gently caress UP and each tell one joke at a time in an orderly fashion.

gbs threads with 3 pages straight of separate people telling variations of the same joke are still happening, theyre allowed to emptyquote but never learned how, its so sad

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

Lol. This. If there's one thing I hate it's having a good time with friends online.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

As for me, I've got a prequel trilogy to rewatch.

But enjoy your thread.

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

you are a whiny bitch

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
but i don't want to laugh my rear end off!! i'm still using my rear end!!!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

drat I hate going to something awful and reading posts.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

without memorable minus I know just what theyll do
their hands will hang over the keyboard a minute or two, then the imps in their forum will all post "boo hoo." :D

:confused:

they're laughing without gimmicks! they're laughing without gang tags! they're laughing without tedious paragraphs of media literacy 101 analysis!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

gbs threads with 3 pages straight of separate people telling variations of the same joke are still happening, theyre allowed to emptyquote but never learned how, its so sad

Lmfao

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

A few years ago they announced this movie

quote:

Two policemen, one an old-timer (Gibson), the other his volatile younger partner (Vaughn), find themselves suspended when a video of their strong-arm tactics become the media's cause du jour. Low on cash and with no other options, these two embittered soldiers descend into the criminal underworld to gain their just due, but instead find far more than they wanted awaiting them in the shadows.
One night I drank a bunch of Smithwick's and uploaded a "teaser" that's just a PS4 clip from Yakuza 0 of Kiryu and the cop buddy beating up some thugs and apparently it's still one of the page 1 search results for the movie

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

wormskull touched on this already but empty quotes make it easier and faster to read the thread, not harder. you can just scroll past posts until they've been quoted once or twice. dumb rear end

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

imagine some grey forums giy who thought you hd to read the post every time it got quoted. Lmfao

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I do but that's usually because it's funny.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Fungah! posted:

imagine some grey forums giy who thought you hd to read the post every time it got quoted. Lmfao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

sorry to do this to you, knives

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I read every post

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fungah! posted:

Lmfao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Someone help me find the post where some guy played a ton of an MMO and his teacher was worried about how much he was playing and he lied and said like 3 hours and his teacher almost fainted. Thanks.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

When I was fifteen I was absent from school a lot, and in one of the science classes the teacher was like "Where's John?" and somebody (I heard) shouted "He's probably playing World of Warcraft!" This teacher emails my guidance counselor going, "Hey, you might want to talk to this kid, I used to be into these types of games, they're bad news, highly addictive." So my guidance counselor brings me in, and he's like a young ex-athlete who all the girls have a crush on, and he goes to me "Are you playing this game?" I say yes. He says how many hours. I hesitate. The real answer is ten, but I don't want him to freak out, so I say: three. He stares at me blankly and then starts blinking and clutching his head and freaking out, and to this day I wonder what it would've done to him if I'd said ten.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...r#post475357984

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kongming posted:

When I was fifteen I was absent from school a lot, and in one of the science classes the teacher was like "Where's John?" and somebody (I heard) shouted "He's probably playing World of Warcraft!" This teacher emails my guidance counselor going, "Hey, you might want to talk to this kid, I used to be into these types of games, they're bad news, highly addictive." So my guidance counselor brings me in, and he's like a young ex-athlete who all the girls have a crush on, and he goes to me "Are you playing this game?" I say yes. He says how many hours. I hesitate. The real answer is ten, but I don't want him to freak out, so I say: three. He stares at me blankly and then starts blinking and clutching his head and freaking out, and to this day I wonder what it would've done to him if I'd said ten.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...r#post475357984

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lmao, thank you.