Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016
Since there doesn't seem to be a thread for ports and remasters of old games and modern publishers are finally starting to realize how much money there is in keeping their classics up to date, I guess I'll get the ball rolling. Please note that this isn't just a discussion of updated releases like the new Resident Evil ports for current consoles, it also includes downgrades and sidegrades like SNES Doom and the PS1 port of Rayman 2. Let's start with some of the better examples:

Sonic CD

It's the most obscure classic Sonic game, now in 16x9! And you can play as Tails! And you can choose between the Japanese and American soundtracks! (both are excellent btw) You will not understand how much your heart has yearned for this until you play it.

The Last of Us: Definitive Edition

Never played it personally, but everyone and their cousin seems to think it's better than crack cocaine and the remaster is quite nice, so check it out I guess.

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

It's Wind Waker. It's HD now. What else do you want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016
New Releases:

Dragon Quest VII & VIII for 3DS

Resident Evil 4 + 5 + 6 for PS4/One

Bayonetta for PC

• Locked thread