Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MAHOMES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It is going to be a tremendous exercise in patience because you know Mahomes is gonna bomb it out against some 5th string DB in the preseason games.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I know this is the thread for eternal optimism but that being said I'm incredibly encouraged by every single thing I read.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

29 picks is a lot of interceptions in college but then again 93 touchdowns is kind of awe inspiring.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Trying to think of a QB he's developed at all since McNabb and the only one I can think of is Bray and that guy is about as bright as a drunk chicken

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think a lot of people were down on Mahomes because of the air raid but unlike most air raid college QBs Mahomes was given the option of calling plays and audibling. I didn't know he was that smart either, that voice and hair can be deceiving. 4.0 student that apparently can read defenses quickly. That was Reid's #1 reason for drafting him, not the arm. The arm is just gravy. I'm optimistic.

Oh I suppose the footwork being abysmal didn't help but that's coachable and makes him more accurate but he was already accurate with the bad footwork soooo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

One year with Jeff Fisher is not enough to bury the NFL career of Goff.

He does look like baby Bambi when he tries to move though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This guy is in great shape. Low body fat, great muscle definition, I'm jealous.

Then you see that this guy is 6'7, 289 pounds. :stare:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can buy that. In my ideal world he sits for two full seasons.

But if Alex Smith throws for 15 touchdowns again, the heat will be on in 2018.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

You're not going to sit a guy (for more than one year) that you moved up into the top 10 for unless Alex Smith pulls a Favre and starts playing out of his mind. We both know that's not going to happen.

So you can't see a possible timeline with Reid starting Alex Smith in 2018 after he wins 12 games again? I mean, he'd have to rework his contract. I can see it.

But I could also see Alex getting hurt for three games, Mahomes throwing as far and as hard as he can and somehow still not be able to overthrow Tyreek Hill and Alex never getting that spot back.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nodoze posted:

Alex Smith sucks so it wouldn't surprise me to see him lose his job this year during the season, even if its unlikely

Alex Smith is 43-21 in KC, made the playoffs 3/4 years and won the first playoff game for KC since 1993. It will take injury for him to get supplanted before 2018.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mahomes sounds like a muppet, specifically Cookie Monster and I like it.

I will never get behind that hair though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

He's got a little Kermit to his voice I thought.

Fun Fact: both Frank Oz and Jim Henson have voiced Cookie Monster so there is a little Kermit to his voice.

edit: also some Chiefs fans were happy to see Marty go. Those fans are as dumb as the Charger fans who are as dumb as the Eagles fans who cheered Andy Reid's departure. I wonder how they feel now.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 3, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Durandal1707 posted:

In some fairness to Eagles fans, Reid looked completely burned out his final two seasons there and really needed a fresh start without shoulder as much of the personnel responsibility as he did in Philly. Mind you, it's dumb, but I can understand both sides wanting to part ways after how badly the Eagles fell apart in 2012.

I get that, I also saw when Reid got hired every Chiefs forum on the internet (and there are quite a few surprisingly) get absolutely flooded with Eagles fans swooping in to predict Reid would be dogshit in KC and we would hate him.

I think he's going to coach in KC until he retires personally and I'm real happy about that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

oh poo poo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I still can't believe Carolina took two running backs and neither of them was Dalvin Cook.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jeez. Reminds me of Darren Sproles in high school, 79 touchdowns.

I once looked up Johnny Manziel's high school stats lol you have to check that out sometime he was a goddam superstar.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

44TD 5INT his senior year.

My good sir you are simply forgetting the additional 30 touchdowns (and 1,674 yards) he rushed for.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Screw having to play against a really good player in a game. I went to school with and played the same position as this dude, starting linebacker for the K-State team that competed for a national championship. He kicked my rear end every day.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Poor Watson. He's going to throw so many picks. He needs a season to learn the offense before he runs out there chucking 49mph balls around against NFL corners. He can be good but needs complete familiarity with the offense before he attempts that in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Not even Chargers fans count the Chargers as their favorite AFC team.

• Locked thread