Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
pre:
We shall be free; the Almighty hath not built
Here for his envy, will not drive us hence:
Here we may reign secure, and in my choice
to reign is worth ambition though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
---

The Prince of Darkness has vanished, and the Infernal Throne sits empty. An Infernal Conclave consisting of the assorted powers of hell has gathered, and after much competition two demons stand at the forefront. The legions of hell have begun to assemble behind them. After many battles, two demon princes reign supreme, assembling the legions of hell before them. Which one will be able to claim the throne of hell for themselves?

This is Solium Infernum Mafia, a Soldiers mafia game for 48 players, split into two threads of 24. Each thread is led by a town-confirmed Demon Prince, who will also be the one to make important decisions for events when they come up. All players old or new are welcome to play, but please be aware that the setup for this is very unconventional.

In addition, I have no one in mind for the two thread leaders. Feel free to nominate yourself/other players! I will choose two players before the game goes live, but the only thing I ask is that you be very active if you are going to do it!

All Standard Mafia Rules apply (including SA Forums rules). Don’t edit your posts, quote mod communication, have out-of-thread chat with anyone not specifically mentioned in your role pm, and so on. You know the drill. Podima is co-modding this with me, please PM one of us if you have any questions.

SIGNUPS
  • The Ninth Layer
  • Birdstrike
  • EccoRaven
  • Infinitum
  • Meinberg
  • Somberbrero
  • Your Personal Muse
  • Kashuno
  • CCKeane
  • Lumpen
  • TMMadman
  • Mithross
  • Mr. F!
  • Asiina
  • Jedit
  • Hal Incandenza
  • Slamburger
  • Tobbs Gnawed
  • Flamander
  • Yorkshire Tea
  • CzarStark
  • King Burgundy
  • Quidthulhu
  • Flying Leatherman
  • Alehkhs
  • chaoslord
  • CapitalistPig
  • Scribbleykins
  • Tired Moritz
  • peramene
  • Jonathan Fisk

fits fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
This is a semi-open setup. All (non-leader) roles look like this:

pre:
NAME: The Beast
HP: 3/3
ACTION SLOTS: 2
STRENGTH: Melee
WEAKNESS: Infernal
PRIMARY ATTRIBUTE: Charisma
TRIBUTE: 0/0/0/0
INVENTORY:
ALIGNMENT:
VAULT: 
NAME is your character name.

RANK is one of five ranks, from highest to lowest: Prince, Duke, Marquis, Baron, and Lord. Only the two thread leaders are princes.

HP is your health. If you reach zero, you die! 3 is the default HP players have, and when not involved in an event everyone regenerates at least 1 HP per night.

ACTION SLOTS are the number of actions you can take each night. 2 is the default. More on this shortly.

STRENGTH & WEAKNESS are two of three stats: Melee, Ranged, and Infernal. These are used when attacking (or being attacked) in combat. A combat attack does 1 damage: +1 if attacking a weakness, -1 if attacking a strength. (so someone strong in Melee attacking someone weak in it does 2 damage, and attacking someone else strong in Melee does zero!)

PRIMARY ATTRIBUTE: There are five possible attributes:
Martial gives +1 HP & HP Regeneration
Cunning is used in deceit rituals & in defense against destruction rituals
Intellect is used in prophecy rituals & in defense against deceit rituals
Wicked is used in destruction rituals & in defense against prophecy rituals
Charisma gives bonuses to demanding tribute.

Stats range from 0-2. All players start with 1 in one primary stat, and 0 in the rest. There is opportunities to increase these stats as the game goes on.

TRIBUTE & INVENTORY are things that can be gathered throughout the game. All players receive some tribute at the start of the game, and can gather more by demanding tribute. Tribute is spent on most night actions or attempts to gather inventory. Tribute is listed as 0/1/2/3 which, respectively, represent Souls, Ichor, Hellfire & Darkness. If something has a cost of 1/0/1/0, that means at least one soul & one hellfire are required for that action. Ichor, Hellfire & Darkness can be exchanged for each other at a 3:1 ratio if needed at the time of an action.

When a player is killed by a lynch or in battle, any items they have are distributed to whoever was voting for/damaged them. If a player dies any other way, their inventory is lost to the abyss.

The VAULT is an extension of your inventory. Anything in your vault is inaccessible to use, but also safe from anything happening to it. You can put in/take out an unlimited amount of tribute or items into your vault as an action.

ALIGNMENT is TOWN, SCUM, or possibly THIRD PARTY.

You are <leader name> (TOWN)-aligned, and win when all threats to the town are dead.
You are <leader name> (SCUM)-aligned, and win when the SCUM have majority control (51%+), or nothing can prevent that
If there are third parties, who knows how they win or if they exist :iiam:

---

The DAY phase is a normal mafia day. Majority vote is required to lynch someone, with the mafia day typically taking 4-5 real days. Deadlines may be floating if there is enough discussion when it happens or I am not there for it. If one thread hammers early, the other thread still has until the end of its day to lynch (or, if the deadline is already rolling, one hour from the other thread’s hammer). When a player is lynched, any items and up to half their tribute is randomly distributed among anyone who was voting for them!

The NIGHT is split up into two parts: The EVENT phase, for people participating in an event (as chosen by the thread leaders), the actual NIGHT phase occurs for everyone else.

The EVENT phase is, by default, 5 versus 5 combat between the two threads, with participants as chosen by each threads leader. Other events can potentially happen alongside (or in place of!) this combat. While in combat, participants can either make an combat attack (as explained in strengths & weaknesses) or attempt a ritual.

The NIGHT is where everyone else can use their action slots to perform various actions. In addition, during the night the Infernal Bazaar is open! Each thread will have a selection of wondrous items to bid on, in attempts to strengthen themselves.

The following actions are available to all players each night, unless otherwise specified:

Demand Tribute: Have your underlings go to gather tribute for you, which is gathered and returned the following morning. This tribute is not available for you to use until the following night. You will get at least one Soul and one of another type of Tribute, but may get more depending on your Charisma and other factors.

Bid on an Item in the Infernal Bazaar: Make a bid on one of the available items. This is done as a blind auction: every item has a minimum bid, but the person who wins is the one who bids the most. Rank is the first tiebreaker in case of a tied maximum bid, with the second tiebreaker being time the action is submitted (so the earlier you get it in, the better!). Losing bids are refunded (i.e. you only pay if you win).

In addition, there are also rituals players can cast, which fall into three categories: Deceit, Prophecy, and Destruction. Success in a ritual is determined by that ritual’s primary attribute versus the opponent’s defending attribute, with different levels of success possible. All players may attempt to use an action to cast the following rituals (the costs of which may vary, depending on the night):

PROPHECY
Dark Augury: Attempts to learn information about an opponent.
Demonic Premonitions: Increases defenses against opposing rituals for this night.
Infernal Negotiations: Increases rank & tribute for bazaar bids that phase.
Infernal Eye: Attempts to learn information about bids made in the bazaar.
Forbidden Lore: Prevent damage to yourself in the tomorrow night.
Unholy Revelation: Attempt to track an opponent during this night.

DECEIT
Combat Deception: Attempts to lower an opponent's resistance to other rituals this night.
Strategic Confusion: Attempts to prevent an opponent from casting rituals.
Lies and Confusion: Attempts to disrupt an opponent’s rituals this night.
Pilfer, Coerce & Bribe: Attempts to steal tribute from an opponent.
Secret Manipulation: Attempts to hide from being targeted this night.
Looting the Vaults: Attempts to learn about and steal items from an opponent's inventory

DESTRUCTION
Internal Affliction: Attempts to block an opponent’s regeneration and damage them.
Corruption of Essence: Attempts to destroy an opponent’s tribute.
Pain & Punishment: Attempts to block an opponent’s actions that night.
Banish: Attempts to prevent and steal an opponent’s tribute or bid actions.
Planer Lock: Attempts to block an opponent's action for tomorrow night.
Dire Dissipation: Attempts to temporarily reduce an opponent’s attributes for tomorrow night.

ATTRIBUTES
Rituals can be used to increase attributes from 0 to 1, or from 1 to 2, for a cost.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
This setup is highly experimental and ambitious. That said, I hope you have fun and enjoy it :unsmith:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
hello I didn't read OP

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
You have my pitchfork

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I promised to be first but instead I am third. Classic Ecco.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/lfrXbaf.mp4

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Birdstrike posted:

hello I didn't read OP

same

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
to reign is worth ambition

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Make me leader of both teams

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Greets

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

You have my blade.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I'll play.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You have my keyboard!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bumping for more signups!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Still want to play in this!!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I will play this game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Im down.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Still consumed by Myst for a while, but I assume this will take a bit to get going, so signed up.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CCKeane posted:

You have my blade.

And my vuvuzela!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah ok I am here to defeat YPM

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I'll play

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah ok I am here to defeat YPM

You can't I'll be your leader

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Your Personal Muse posted:

You can't I'll be your leader

That's not necessarily an issue in a Soldiers game.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

The Ninth Layer posted:

That's not necessarily an issue in a Soldiers game.

Well I'm also very likeable and not at all obnoxious so it's hard for scum to bring themselves to kill me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Your Personal Muse posted:

Well I'm also very likeable and not at all obnoxious so it's hard for scum to bring themselves to kill me

Fair

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ok looks complicated but

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Ok looks complicated but

Yesssss

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Asiina posted:

Still consumed by Myst for a while, but I assume this will take a bit to get going, so signed up.

Hopefully it can get going around next weekend. We'll see :)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Ok looks complicated but

Its complicated on the back end of things, but hopefully not for the players during the game!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fits posted:

Hopefully it can get going around next weekend. We'll see :)

Its complicated on the back end of things, but hopefully not for the players during the game!

FITS MAKE A LEADER DO IT I GOT SHAFTED ON BEING A LEADER LAST TIME AND I LOVE LEADING AND BEING A SMUG rear end in a top hat

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

FITS MAKE A LEADER DO IT I GOT SHAFTED ON BEING A LEADER LAST TIME AND I LOVE LEADING AND BEING A SMUG rear end in a top hat

Make me a leader I have played more games than anyone except Opop and I am really cool and good at mafia and leading people and stuff. Thx.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
somebody PM Izzhov and get her in here she owned and actually posted content.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I am going to the UK/iceland May 10 so if it starts really late I'll need to be replaced or not put in at all.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I LOVE BEING A SMUG rear end in a top hat

ftfy

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Kashuno posted:

can confirm I shafted him right and proper, this leader selection is Ecco Approved.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Kashuno posted:

I'm ok with this

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'd fight kashuno but i don't feel like we have any kind of rivalry.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Should I throw my hat into the leader debate so that we can have the Ultimate Battle of Kash vs TMM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

Should I throw my hat into the leader debate so that we can have the Ultimate Battle of Kash vs TMM?

yes, and the loser retires from mafia.

• Locked thread