Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I was eyeing Charles too. I feel like he still has some gas left in the tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sataere posted:

I was eyeing Charles too. I feel like he still has some gas left in the tank.

I had him on a team last year and it was ridiculous. During the pre-season he was supposed to be ready for week 1. Then on week one he was nearly there, just another week or two... and again and again, all loving goddamn season. So everyone is gunshy. He should still have gas in the tank... but jesus, going through that will sure put you off a player.

Tenth round is amazing if he plays at all, but I decided I already had risk at RB, I just needed a safer pick.

Charles could be a league-busting winner though, he really could.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
9.05 - Meredith Cameron
Honestly don't remember hearing about this guy last year. Wasn't he a rookie who started to emerge late last season? A little roto-research led me to choose him out of the available options.

10.08 - Jamaal Charles
I feel like I'm at the point with my roster where it's time to start scouting out interesting boom/bust candidates in hopes that 1 or 2 will pan out. I was pretty surprised to scroll down the draft list to see that Jamaal Charles was still available, so yeah! Now I have Jimmy Graham and Jamaal Charles on my team. 2013 timp would be losing his mind right now

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I worry Charles may not even make the 53 man roster, based on some of the reporting out in Denver right now.

10.12- Blake Bortles Best ball? More like Bort ball. I'm thinking we see something a bit closer to his 2015 than his 2016 this year. For my 2nd QB I'm content to go with that upside.

11.01- Kenneth Dixon Post suspension, I think he's going to beat out West and Woodhead for a majority share of carries in Baltimore. Solid value at the top of the eleventh, IMO.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I want to believe in Charles still... but Chiefs doctors were apparently recommending he should retire. :(

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

I want to believe in Charles still... but Chiefs doctors were apparently recommending he should retire. :(

Yeah, but he was saying they were not listening to him about issues he was having in his rehab. He made it seem like their recommendation to retire was because they didn't want to pay him.

He burned me too, but in the tenth round, he's the ideal boom/bust candidate. If he's healthy, he's the starter. But it's all or nothing. But I'm a gambler!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RisqueBarber?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I HAVE A JOB

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yeah, drafting fantasy football teams three months before the season! :argh:

sorry, I'm bored at work today

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Khunt 11.04

Was it Mae West who once quipped, "when I have to decide between two evils, I always pick the one I never did before?"

Someone has to emerge in the KC backfield, right? Might as well choose the one who I haven't seen utterly wash up. Khunt also catches passes on a reasonable offense so he might be able to get a two touchdown week even if he never rises to the starting slot

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Risque, I wasn't trying to nag. I just noticed that the last couple times you responded immediately to forums posts, so I was just letting you know you were up. Sorry if it came off douchy.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

RisqueBarber posted:

I HAVE A JOB

no excuses, play like a champion etc etc

10.11 - Eli Manning - you know what you're getting with him, at least best ball ignores the 4 INT games!

11.02 - Adam Thielen - well he had a 12 catch, 200 yd game at the end of last season so I base my entire decision on that potentially happening once or twice again

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

11.06 #126 Jack Doyle, TE IND

He was good for 585 yards and 5 TDs as the TE2. Now he's the TE1. I call that usable upside and maybe a safe floor, since my first TE is such a risky rookie etc.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
11.07 Eric Ebron

His yardage totals go up every year. If he could only score some TDs he'd be a top 10 TE.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If someone had sniped Doyle, Ebron was my next pick.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

11.07 Eric Ebron

His yardage totals go up every year. If he could only score some TDs he'd be a top 10 TE.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Yooooooooooooooooooooou.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yeah, I was hoping the irrational hate for Ebron would let him fall to me.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Thielen, Doyle, and Ebron are all good value this round.

I really hope Doyle's ADP can stay this low. It's still early but so far, he's one of my favorite targets when waiting on TE. Ebron is also a better target this year than last. Still think it'll be more like another incremental gain than true jump to breakout status but he'll bring real TE1 upside this year.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

Thielen, Doyle, and Ebron are all good value this round.

I really hope Doyle's ADP can stay this low. It's still early but so far, he's one of my favorite targets when waiting on TE. Ebron is also a better target this year than last. Still think it'll be more like another incremental gain than true jump to breakout status but he'll bring real TE1 upside this year.

Ebron is way undervalued. The only reason he didn't finish in the top five is because he was hurt. Of course, he is always hurt, which is why you shouldn't draft him in the top five. But he's a great flyer.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I genuinely wanted Ebron that round. Oh well.

Jesse James

With Ladarius Green out he could be a real stud. Huge, great red zone threat, and locks up my TE and let's me focus elsewhere.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Ebron's red zone target share isn't great is my only hangup with him now. That'll probably keep him out of the Top 5 even if he's healthy. If the RBs weren't as involved in the Lions passing game as they are, his TD upside would be much higher. But things are spread too thin between all the position groups.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 20, 2017

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

Ebron's red zone target share isn't great is my only hangup with him now. That'll probably keep him out of the Top 5 even if he's healthy. If the RBs weren't as involved in the Lions passing game as they are, his TD upside would be much higher. But things are spread too thin between all the position groups.

I agree, but he was getting a lot of targets in the passing game before he got hurt, which just means more opportunities.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I was hoping to go Tannehill/Tyrod for my picks, since I am nervous about Mariota and wanted to cover my bases.

As for Stewart, frankly I'm surprised he lasted this long. I think Mccaffery is going to be a more passing / 3rd down back and we'll see Stewart more as the feature back.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

11.10 Tyrell Williams
He had a 69/1059/7 line as a second year player. I don't exactly know how the Chargers WR shares will be divided but I would be surprised if Tyrell wasn't a big part of their passing game again.

12.03 Cameron Brate
Had the same number of red zone targets as Mike Evans (19) last year. Even with the addition of OJ Howard, I think Brate is an ascending talent who has real chemistry with Winston. Brate can play as the F type TE while Howard works more inline. Howard is a far superior blocker and the Bucs like to use plenty of 2TE sets. I'm a believer in Brate remaining a meaningful piece of this offense while Howard is a rookie.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

tyrell is a great pick here. He was at the top of my autodraft list. J-stew was on it too, although not at the top... I think eleventh round is about right for him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
12.05 - Kenny Britt

Coming off of a 1000 year season in spite of a lovely QB, Kenny Britt may very well repeat the process with another lovely QB. Here's hoping.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

12.05 - Kenny Britt

Coming off of a 1000 year season in spite of a lovely QB, Kenny Britt may very well repeat the process with another lovely QB. Here's hoping.

Part of me thinks this is a solid speculative pick. The other part had been burned by Kenny Britt.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Part of me thinks this is a solid speculative pick. The other part had been burned by Kenny Britt.

Oh absolutely, but every year is different.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I made my pick on friday :f5:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

12.07 #139 Carson Wentz

You'll recall I took early and safe picks for my QB1 and 2: Aaron Rodgers and Derek Carr. Last year I sorely missed having a usable third QB (I had Goff complimenting Rodgers and Palmer) so this year I decided going into the draft to take an early QB if a good one was available, but also to not wait too late to take my third QB.

Of the guys remaining, I think Wentz is OK. Nick Foles and Matt McGloin are there but I don't think Foles is going to suddenly earn the starting job, and McGloin is a career backup for sure. Plus, Wentz got laser eye surgery! And I think most QBs improve in their second year, plus Alshon Jeffery is a big target to throw to. For a QB3 I'm thinking Wentz has the upside potential, but with Rodgers and Carr I won't be relying on him much unless one of my guys is hurt.

The big downside is he's got the same bye week as Carr, so I really hope Rodgers has a good game week 10 against the Bears.

There's still some other decent QBs left, but I didn't want to risk another round without taking mine. I don't want a rookie this year, or an old vet who might lose his job mid-season.

e. Also, lol at the four of you who still only have one QB

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

e. Also, lol at the four of you who still only have one QB

Drafting a second QB? I remember my first draft.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This is Best Ball, not a normal league. If you only draft one QB, you'll get zero points on his bye week and you'd better hope he scores great every other week.

But it's an interesting approach! There's always tradeoffs, maybe you'll make up the difference with a deeper bench at other positions. :)

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

This is Best Ball, not a normal league. If you only draft one QB, you'll get zero points on his bye week and you'd better hope he scores great every other week.

But it's an interesting approach! There's always tradeoffs, maybe you'll make up the difference with a deeper bench at other positions. :)

*drafts QB*

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I try to take these slow drafts as seriously as possible but I'm far more interested in the process than the end result. It is literally impossible for me to care enough to draft multiple kickers. I just can't do it.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Tiptoes posted:

I try to take these slow drafts as seriously as possible but I'm far more interested in the process than the end result. It is literally impossible for me to care enough to draft multiple kickers. I just can't do it.

I used to feel the same way

Then I won one of these one year :getin:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You've got 26 spots on the bench. If you don't draft a second kicker, what are you drafting... a seventh RB? Eigth WR? what exactly are you gonna still see on the table in round 25 that is worth taking?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Just a deep sleeper that I like enough to write a blurb about. There's always a guy left that I feel is worth mentioning.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
FYI this draft is 20 spots and no kickers.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

FYI this draft is 20 spots and no kickers.

say what?

oh poo poo, seriously, why did I think it was 26, and with kickers? Did you change it from what was suggested in the fantasy chat thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

it got changed from 16 to 20 today, no kickers is a nice bonus too

are we still explaining ourselves?

12.11 - Joe Williams - apparently he has a good chance to take over starting RB duties if Hyde doesn't perform up to par

13.02 - Duke Johnson - gotta add a pass catching RB for half ppr

Varg fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 23, 2017

• Locked thread