Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Your 4/30/2017 matchups:

Baltimore Orioles vs New York Yankees

Tampa Bay Rays vs Toronto Blue Jays

Seattle Mariners vs Cleveland Indians

Chicago White Sox vs Detroit Tigers

Pittsburgh Pirates vs Miami Marlins

New York Mets vs Washington Nationals

Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros

Atlanta Braves vs Milwaukee Brewers

Cincinatti Reds vs St Louis Cardinals
Missouri is currently underwater

Minnesota Twins vs Kansas City Royals

Anaheim Angels vs Texas Rangers

San Diego Padres vs San Francisco Giants

Colorado Rockies vs Arizona Diamondbacks

Philadelphia Phillies vs Los Angeles Dodgers

Chicago Cubs vs Boston Red Sox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Aaron Sanchez pitches 1 inning, walks off the mound with a bleeding finger. Gonna enjoy dealing with this all year.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Hey, I know you have a message to send Archer, but please don't anger Bautista. I know he's having a bad season, but don't play with fire.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

marioinblack posted:

Hey, I know you have a message to send Archer, but please don't anger Bautista. I know he's having a bad season, but don't play with fire.

What's the message, anyway?

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Hand Knit posted:

What's the message, anyway?

I have no idea why he threw behind him. Maybe because Souza got taken out yesterday?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

marioinblack posted:

I have no idea why he threw behind him. Maybe because Souza got taken out yesterday?

That's what Pat and Buck were speculating, shortly before going into a long derail about how warnings have prevented players from solving things "on their own."

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Syndergaard is pitching like a pitcher who had to have his last start skipped because he couldn't lift his arm above his shoulder

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

mets announcers are trashing noah

what on earth is going on with him? he apparently made fun of some 70yo employee with the organization, refused an mri, couldn't lift his arm above his shoulders as of like five days ago. really strange

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I *heart* Milwaukee.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo

Abel Wingnut posted:

mets announcers are trashing noah

what on earth is going on with him? he apparently made fun of some 70yo employee with the organization, refused an mri, couldn't lift his arm above his shoulders as of like five days ago. really strange

He told Jay Horwitz that he definitely didn't want to speak to the media about his arm, and Jay didn't manage to keep reporters away so Noah apparently cussed him out right in the middle of the clubhouse. No idea about the lifting his arm thing though, that sounds like a shoulder or core issue rather than biceps.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

syndergaard out for a very long time

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Abel Wingnut posted:

syndergaard out for a very long time

it *looked* like he went to the side of his ribcage, which is an oblique or an intercostal or something. Not good, but certainly not as bad as if it's his shoulder or elbow

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Doesnt look good for Thor

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i thought he was going for his biceps/shoulder?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

He absolutely should not have started. MLB should look into the Wilpons, training staff, and the front office at this point but they won't

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Armitage posted:

He absolutely should not have started. MLB should look into the Wilpons, training staff, and the front office at this point but they won't

for what exactly?

i haven't followed the mets at all so i'm not sure how all those parties play into noah injuring himself

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Abel Wingnut posted:

for what exactly?

i haven't followed the mets at all so i'm not sure how all those parties play into noah injuring himself

Incompetence with handling injuries for the most part. Syndergaard being allowed to pitch today for one after barely being able to lift his arm the other day. There's likely no reason why David Wright's career is just about over. They keep running Cespedes out there with a balky hamstring, too. Injuries are just being mishandled left and right.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Tepera and Loup combine for 5.1 shutout innings and only one hit what the hell?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Good Folty so far today, 6 K's through 3.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Justin Smoak might be injured now , cool

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I know Howell is here to replace Cecil but he didn't have to take it so literally.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Leake says gently caress your DH.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Leake says gently caress your DH.

Cardinals pitchers in general say gently caress the DH. Except Lance Lynn. You can tell he longs for the sweet, sweet comfort of the AL.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
drat Freddie

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
Freddie! :swoon:

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
drat long AB by Dexter here. Hopefully it pays off...

E: Hey look at that!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

gently caress yeah Carp!

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
drat, that Bautista got that one. RBI double to tie it works too

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
My goodness, Carp is good with the bases loaded.

E: .594 career average with bases loaded. 19 for 32.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Martin! :toot:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Oof, Dansby boots one (which admittedly has been pretty rare) and the punishment is immediate, a three-run homer. Domingo Santana's second of the day, too. Rough on Folty.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Go Blue Jays?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Hope Osuna can close this one out. Last chance to get a series win in April. Would also be the first win streak

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
Isn't it a day early for the new weekly thread?

One away!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

shadok posted:

Isn't it a day early for the new weekly thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2uFaE4Gzgk

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Buck Martinez just audibly sighed when Smoak couldn't pick that low throw from Goins. Thats the first time I've ever heard him be anything but positive during this poo poo show of a month

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
Impending doom.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The Giants' situation is so dire that Buster Posey is playing both Right field and Catcher.

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 30, 2017

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
Jays win! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

shadok posted:

Jays win! :toot:

Back to back wins for the first time this year!

• Locked thread