Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Angepain posted:

Oh hey, you're not wrong. I'm still finding it hard to believe a real person wrote that tweet in any kind of seriousness but the evidence seems to point that way.

Tory scum give other scum a bad name.
Dole scum best scum.

Karloff posted:

So what will be the favoured form of capital punishment in post-brexit Britain?

Starvation and despair. We will all be guilty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Barry the Sprout posted:

Every time I see a YouGov polling survey I get really annoyed, because that's another 50p I haven't got. Instead I get endless polls on my coffee shop preferences.

Same.
I don't drink coffee so those tend to be really quick None Of These answers to all of it, and yet they keep asking.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

What would he answer to in court?

M'Lud Var, obviously.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Very poor design. Far right chap (pun intended) will get neck only half cut through disappointing the Tricoteuses and crowd. Try again.

E: Inventing history snipe - 1733: DuFay demonstrates electric charges in glass and amber rods, Franklin suggests principle of electric flow. Kay invents flying shuttle for weaving.
Also the War of Polish Succession begins.

EmptyVessel fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 4, 2017

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Angepain posted:

i mean surely after going through 14 necks the blade will have slowed down a bit. not sure if enough to make it not kill you, i'm no murder scientist. make it a bit higher maybe? i'm the ideas guy

Blade is too short at right end to cut through the entire neck.

That hellbed needs to become a 'must have' for the rich, and then we need to remotely trigger them all at the same time.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Firos posted:

Those hellbeds apparently run at $3000 so I think being able to spring that much for a doom cube makes being rich a sort of pre-requisite :stare:

Nah, just 'comfortable'. :can:

E: 1034 birth of Hassan-i Sabbah, a swell guy with some interesting ideas.

EmptyVessel fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 4, 2017

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Strong leader always running from the chaos jam man.

Vote Chaos 2017.

May is so obviously a front for the Original Insect of Law/Singularity.

M. Moorcock "The War Amongst The Angels" posted:

Chaos had never been able to understand why the Singularity did not simply die from its own internal bile, devoured by its cancerous hatreds and superstitions, its miserable greedy fears; its cruel dreams, its massively exclusive certainties and self-destructive accountancy.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Jeherrin posted:

That fuckwit with both his suit jacket buttons done up needs to be fired into the loving sun already.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

That said, whoever taught him it was acceptable to have both his suit jacket buttons done up needs to be fired into the loving sun already.

Yeah, that's definitely what's most wrong with that photo. ffs

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Benjamin Arthur posted:

Your entire argument is just generalities tarring all 16-17 year olds with the same brush, while ignoring that most of your criticisms apply to other age groups anyway.

Yeah, most people are stupid cunts, age has nothing to do with it.

Oh wait...

forkboy84 posted:

"Live only for today" being a reason excluding people from voting would mean we'd need an upper age limit too, because the old cunts who voted Brexit sure aren't voting for tomorrow, they'll be dead by then.

TheRat posted:

Considering how much damage old cunts do all the loving time, this argument is loving absurd and insulting.

Now I could feel sorry for the fact that all your elder relatives are arseholes that make you think this, or I could tell youse to gently caress right off with this bullshit. I'm old enough that some of you cunts have suggested I and my peers get disenfranchised because you are scared of old people (or scared of what you fear you might become based on your own families?), and yet none of my contemporary friends, nor myself have ever voted Tory in our lives. Hell my dad is in his 80s and has never voted Tory. Must be poo poo only knowing/ being related to arseholes.
What's the average age of all those new Glasgow Tory councillors? Gonna be closer to you all than me, but it's only olds that are Tory?

sassassin posted:

If everyone's stupid how come all you geniuses are so poor?
Ahahahaha - how many of these fuckers had the vapours cos it was suggested that being able to save £10k a year* might mean they were rich? Too loving comfortable by far. Gonna be proper hosed when the Brexshit hits the fan.

*(more than my entire annual income and yet I don't feel poor and know people much harder off than me.)

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Jose posted:

sorry m8 your generation on the whole suck even if there are some good people and its better we take their vote away than allow them to gently caress us

Yet weirdly when suffering from Thatcher we were able to blame the Tory voters based on how they voted not their age.

Tigey posted:

to be fair, old people are utterly terrified of young people and constantly support/call for measures that either directly or indirectly gently caress young people over, so a few young-uns punching back isn't that bad

Really? Terrified? lmao

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

TheRat posted:

Old people have consistently voted to gently caress the poor lately. They are also consistently voting to take away rights and safety nets they themselves enjoyed when they were younger. Very few things are less charming than old cunts making an effort to make sure the next generation are worse off.
Show your working. e:Pretty sure that a large number of Tory voters are going to be younger than me

TheRat posted:

I also find it really loving precious that you seem to be personally offended by young people calling old people cunts, when old cunts have been complaining about young people since time immemorial.
And you really think that young folks haven't been calling old folks cunts for the same time? Precious.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Like it's kind of damning:

code:
Age       Con   Lab    Lib     UKIP   Green
18-24 	  27 	 43 	5 	8 	8 	
25-34 	  33 	 36 	7 	10 	7 	
35-44 	  35 	 35 	10 	10 	4 	
45-54 	  36 	 33 	8 	14 	4 	
55-64 	  37 	 31 	9 	14      2 	
65+ 	  47   	 23 	8 	17      2 	 
Votes from 2015.

Statistical true fact: Olds vote Con and Kip (apart from those that don't), Youngs vote Labour and Green (apart from those that don't).

Olds vote to gently caress Youngs.

Like your not poo poo: poo poo ratios basically invert over the course of the age groups.

Fixed. Now break them down by income and location.
Hint: Wealth tends to vote Tory, and is also more likely to live longer..

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I still don't see anything to indicate that the world would not, apparently be improved if you just banned everyone over 55 from voting.

Or only allow urban voters since rural tend Tory.
How about banning English voters? They tend to be more Tory too. Cunts.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I would be fine with banning rich country cunts. And English cunts if that wouldn't mean we actually ended up with the loving SNP running the country.

If the bloody English hadn't kept voting for Thatcher the SNP wouldn't be what they are now - so it's your own fault.
Based on figures here we should just ban anyone earning over £20k a year. Which I'm fine with.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

"People who read the Telegraph" is a more sure bet.

Doubt any of them earn under £20k a year though.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Seaside Loafer posted:

The message there is stupid old rich raciest bastards vote conservative (apart from a bit when some of them ukip'd). Im kinda old and it has always been this way in my lifetime. Dont look like changing until all the cunts die does it.

And if we'd thought that in the 80s we'd be feeling pretty bloody stupid now wouldn't we?

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

baka kaba posted:

hmmmmm but that doesn't seem to have a patch for 2001's hottest OS, Windows XP?

Not sure if there's a :thejoke: lurking there but according to what's said in the conversation here MS17-010 doesn't work against XP.

Enjoyed this read: A. C. Grayling: ‘Brexit is starting to look a lot like a coup’ . Some nice stuff about Brexit, it's lack of a mandate and how those manipulating us into it wont suffer it's fallout, and a great opinion on Farage to finish.

A.C.Grayling, Re.Farage posted:

I think he’s a bounder. He’s a cad. He’s an embarrassment. I cringe at the thought of how he behaved like a football hooligan and a lager lout in the European Parliament. What an advertisement for the best of the English character. I have no time for him at all. I think he is an embarrassment and a waste of space.
There is something so fundamentally dishonest about a public school stockbroker-turned-MEP claiming to be fighting for the common man against the elites, and then behaving in that sort of graceless, undignified way, inflaming what lurks behind the xenophobia that they are stoking up, which, in the end, is just racism. It is the very ugly face of politics.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

OfficialGBSCaliph posted:

Southern climate breeds wankers

Gotta do something with those longer Summer nights.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

jabby posted:

Papers are out, and the Tories are promising up to 52 weeks leave for workers who need to care for elderly relatives!

Unpaid of course.

Will they keep your job for you for a year?

If so I can see an opening for some 'rent a poorly relative' schemes to get long holiday breaks.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

MrL_JaKiri posted:

You capitalised Summer, are you about to break into a Grease medley

No.

I just think the seasons are important enough to be proper nouns. (Though admittedly this is probably due to doing lots of work on seasonal use and effects at prehistoric sites and using them as labels.)

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Lobster God posted:

Tell me more

Do you have a car?

E;1095 First Crusade invents the club 18-30 visit the Med. and disrespect it's locals holiday package.

EmptyVessel fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 14, 2017

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

"haha we should disband NATO and leave Eastern Europe open to be sucked into Russia's sphere of influence"

Cos getting sucked into the US's sphere of influence is so much better.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

hakimashou posted:

Unequivocally better yes.

gently caress off (stage left pursued by Russian bear).

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Jose posted:

He could at least pull off his moustache unlike all the former Soviet country dictators these days

Waitaminute, Stalin's moustache was a stick-on?
Unexpected bombshell.

E:1275 AD - the Zohar, book of the cabala, compiled by Moses de Leon in Spain.

EmptyVessel fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 16, 2017

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Noel Edmunds has a weird lumpy head.

..with weird lumpy ideas in it.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

LemonDrizzle posted:

The family is guaranteed to receive a minimum of £100k from the estate of the deceased if this measure has applied, so they're unlikely to be poor, starving, and on the streets.

Well, unless they immediately blow the inheritance on a private submersible, that is.

So a family of 5 kids get £20,000 each and no sniff of the home some of them may still be living in?
Rich beyond the dreams of avarice!

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012
Finally I can go public with S.P.I.R.E.*!

*Society for the Promotion of Involuntary Random Euthanasia

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

The concept is sound, just need to work on the mechanism of delivery.

Letterbomb Lottery?

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

That's quite a youtube channel there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, the Soylent Greenbin lorry just picks you up.

• Locked thread