Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for April, 2017?
This poll is closed.
:regd10: Christopher Daniels (ROH World Champion) 7 4.79%
:kakashi: Io Shirai (World of Stardom Champion) 8 5.48%
:smugwizard: Bray Wyatt (FORMER WWE Champion) 5 3.42%
Randy Orton (WWE Champion) 0 0%
:killdozer: Goldberg (FORMER WWE Universal Champion) 8 5.48%
Brock Lesnar (WWE Universal Champion) 2 1.37%
:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 58 39.73%
:sparkles: Naomi (Smackdown Women's Champion) 1 0.68%
:glomp: Bayley (FORMER WWE Women's Champion) 1 0.68%
:alexa: Alexa Bliss (WWE Women's Champion) 48 32.88%
:anime: Bobby Lashley (Impact World Heavyweight Champion) 1 0.68%
:zoid: Why Not <X> Champion? (None of the Above) 7 4.79%
Total: 146 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

How are there this many votes? No way do we have 100+ posters, some losers are using parachutes and that's pathetic

Unless they use them to vote for Alexa, in which case BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Hace posted:

Okada is the best wrestler in the world, but also the most boring boy that's not named randy orton

Someone is not a fan of making it rain

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Venomous posted:

Okada is still the greatest wrestler in the world and he just carried Bad Luck Fale to a really good match, so it has to be him

To be fair (and I did vote for Okada) but that Fale match is May business!

So if you want to vote for Okada you'll have to do it based on his April, which included yet ANOTHER MOTYC from him against Shibata.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He nearly killed an opponent. Doesn't feel right to vote for such a dangerous worker.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Unfortunately Shibata pretty much did that to himself :smith:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I voted for the 'other' option because I don't watch Japanese and Alexa Bliss is an 8 who gets pushed like a 9 and nerds act like she's a 10 so if you do the math I think you'll find that she's actually a 7. Or something. I know I liked IC champ Dean Ambrose in at least one segment this month, so that's my vote. Thanks.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:homebrew:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There is still time to vote, only 10 votes in it!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Venomous posted:

Okada is still the greatest wrestler in the world and he just carried Bad Luck Fale to a really good match, so it has to be him

It actually does not have to be him, as evidenced by people voting for literally anyone else.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there is only one outcome and it is okada so it will have always had to have been him. actually.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well it was close, but Alexa Bliss was never quite able to get over the hurdle and bypass our winner for the second time this year, Kazuchika Okada

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Junpei Hyde posted:

It actually does not have to be him, as evidenced by people voting for literally anyone else.

Actually it does because he won.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Well it's been four months I guess I should do math

CHAMPION TOTALS - 41 different champs (including no voted champ)

16 - CM Punk
13 - Kazuchika Okada
10 - Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan
8 - Christian, AJ Styles
7 - Edge
5 - Kane, Chris Jericho, Kevin Steen/Owens
4 - The Miz, Brock Lesnar, Jay Lethal
3 - King Booker, Randy Orton, Jack Swagger
2 - John Morrison, Nigel McGuinness, Sheamus, Mark Henry, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Prince Puma, No Champ, Tetsuya Naito
1 - Rob Van Dam, Undertaker, Roderick Strong, Jay Briscoe, Austin Aries, Bully Ray, Shinsuke Nakamura, BxB Hulk, Seth Rollins, Mil Muertes, Shingo Takagi, Kenny Omega, The Monster Matanza Cueto, Dean Ambrose, Sasha Banks, Bray Wyatt, Christopher Daniels, Io Shirai

By promotion - 7 (8 counting none voted)

83 - WWE (I didn't differentiate between brands/belts/ECW/what have you)
23 - NJPW
15 - ROH
4 - Lucha Underground
2 - TNA, Dragon Gate, None
1 - Stardom

# of different champs by year

8 - 2011, 2015 (counting no champ), 2016
7 - 2014
6 - 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
5 - 2006, 2013
4 - 2012, 2017

Longest consecutive run as champ - 6 (Okada Oct 2013-Mar 2014)
Longest run with different champ - 7 (None/Shingo/Lethal/Okada/Omega/Matanza/Naito Oct 2015-April 2016)

-Stardom becomes the 7th different promotion to have a champ of the month. At least I think this is for Stardom. It's the newest promotion to join since Lucha Underground joined in 2015. (I'm not counting none here but it also joined in 2015)
-Okada's two wins this year puts him within spitting distance of CM Punk. He's still has two more Champ of the Years to win before matching Punk there, however.
-March's tie is our 5th tie, joining 4/08 (Kane/Orton), 12/12 (Steen/Punk), 5/15 (Puma/Rollins), and 9/15 (Lethal/none).
-Okada has won a poll in 4 of the past 5 years, only missing 2015. He's behind Punk who won polls in 5 different years (07-09, 11-12) and Danielson/Bryan (06, 11-14)
-Io Shirai becomes the second woman to win a Champ of the Month poll, but even then she still had to share the title with a cisscum white male. You're all still dick-having misogynistic scum regardless and I hope you burn in hell for your sins.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this forum is loving dumb

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

-Okada's two wins this year puts him within spitting distance of CM Punk. He's still has two more Champ of the Years to win before matching Punk there, however.

Based on his year so far, I think there's a pretty good chance of him getting close to matching Punk's total AND winning Champ of the Year as well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know, you can only murder so many people in the ring before people start demanding justice.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

this forum is loving dumb

You're only one poster, dude

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy crap 2015 was a trash year

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Well it was close, but Alexa Bliss was never quite able to get over the hurdle and bypass our winner for the second time this year, Kazuchika Okada

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the nazi wwe is bad and its belts are embarrassments

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

the nazi wwe is bad and its belts are embarrassments

only one promotion was an axis power

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okada is in the middle of a legendary run with a big title and all of the WWE titles are cold as heck with the Raw Women's title only having some heat due to Alexa's personality. So the result isn't shocking but it does speak well for Alexa.

And yeah, this has to be the coldest all the major WWE belts have been. The Universal champion hasn't been seen since Mania, Orton had the house or horrors/Feuding with Jinder, and Smackdown is Naomi. Alexa is the hottest of the WWE title holders.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Okada is in the middle of a legendary run with a big title and all of the WWE titles are cold as heck with the Raw Women's title only having some heat due to Alexa's personality. So the result isn't shocking but it does speak well for Alexa.

And yeah, this has to be the coldest all the major WWE belts have been. The Universal champion hasn't been seen since Mania, Orton had the house or horrors/Feuding with Jinder, and Smackdown is Naomi. Alexa is the hottest of the WWE title holders.

What's wrong with Naomi?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

What's wrong with Naomi?

Not as cold as Orton/Brock but not exactly hot either. She's just holding it till Charlotte wins it really

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Not as cold as Orton/Brock but not exactly hot either. She's just holding it till Charlotte wins it really

A fair assessment although Alexa didn't really win the belt in a hot fashion either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Setting a new record (even if it's barely one) and doing it instead of Charlotte is worth +3 hotness points.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
All Alexa voters are mixing up a confused flash in the pan love for a mediocre woman that does weird faces with a GOAT level wrestler in a historic run.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't watch anime.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

astrollinthepork posted:

All Alexa voters are mixing up a confused flash in the pan love for a mediocre woman that does weird faces with a GOAT level wrestler in a historic run.

Naito doesn't have the belt tho

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aphrodite posted:

I don't watch anime.

Also AJ is on SD and doesnt have any belt atm

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

A fair assessment although Alexa didn't really win the belt in a hot fashion either.

Alexa personality helps enough to make up for the cold switch and give her some heat.

Okada is still the best this month cause he's the best wrestler and his reign is up there in terms of quality

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Really though, it's not that hard to believe a lot of people here don't watch Japanese wrestling.

And there are more voters in this poll than average weekly viewers of ROH or Impact.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 7, 2017

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Okada is also prettier than Alexa so...

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Really though, it's not that hard to believe a lot of people here don't watch Japanese wrestling.
I find it hard to believe considering Okada's recent multiple wins.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Maybe they are watching CMLL which is better and freer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I find it hard to believe considering Okada's recent multiple wins.

At least 25 of those voters are just trying to fit in.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean really NJPW is probably the number 2 promotion in the US even with just AXS and New Japan world. It gets more press and exposure, and isn't a tire fire like TNA or an after thought like ROH (Which should be worried at the Long Beach shows).

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i only care about 2 things that come out of japan: anime games and novelty mugs/mug accessories

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
is that technically 3 things? the mug things are like a category

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
what the gently caress is a mug accessory

• Locked thread