Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Fenrir posted:

Carr wasn't as bad as most of that list, but getting destroyed for a few years behind a line held together by scotch tape and paper clips can gently caress up a QB pretty hard.

Still the only Carr brother with a Super Bowl ring, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

TheChirurgeon posted:

Still the only Carr brother with a Super Bowl ring, though

For now...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Fenrir posted:

Carr wasn't as bad as most of that list, but getting destroyed for a few years behind a line held together by scotch tape and paper clips can gently caress up a QB pretty hard.

:smith: Jay Cutler.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fenrir posted:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Super Bowl Winning Quarterback David Carr doesn't need this kind of sass

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Abugadu posted:

Bunch of tiny Christian McCaffreys toddle out singing

Oompa Loompa Kuechly doo
I've got a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa Kuechly dee
Why does this WR weigh 283

What do you get when you guzzle down sweets
Eating as much as Kawann Short eats
What are you at going Mike Williams style fat
What do you think will come of that?

Trade bait for the New York Jets

Oompa Loompa Kuechly doo
If you're not greedy you will go far
You could win some Super Bowls too
Like the Pats and Pack and Steelers do

*Cam hurriedly hustles the rest of the group onto the SS Riverboat Ron

I love every part of this.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dexo posted:

:smith: Jay Cutler.

Cutler was boned by both the offensive line and having to learn like a half-dozen different offenses.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Is Rodgers an extremely talented QB, or was he simple talented enough and fell in the best situation possible for him:
- no pressure to start right away, and eventually sit for 3 years
- QB guru as coach
- huge amount of off season attention from said coach
- HOF QB in front of him to observe, although not necessarily being taught by
- huge chip on shoulder as motivation to "endure" all the above to prove everybody wrong

Would any talented QB have flourished in that situation?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Timby posted:

Cutler was boned by both the offensive line and having to learn like a half-dozen different offenses.

he also loving sucked

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Timby posted:

And also having the brain of Jay Cutler

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Got outplayed by a 44 year old Vinny Testaverde (barely, but still).

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

weird Asian candy posted:

And also having the brain of Jay Cutler

Getting sacked like a billion times tends be bad for the head.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Dexo posted:

Getting sacked like a billion times tends be bad for the head.

Jay Cutler has been Jay Cutler since he entered the league. Chicago Jay really wasn't much different than Denver Jay.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jay Cutler has been Jay Cutler since he entered the league. Chicago Jay really wasn't much different than Denver Jay.
He was in a much better position to succeed in Denver. And then Josh McDaniels happened

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

He was in a much better position to succeed in Denver. And then Josh McDaniels happened

I was surprised to find out he was only in Denver for 3 seasons. You are right though, HC McDaniel's was...woof...

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

"Unable to withstand a pass rush" was literally on Cutler's scouting report out of Vandy. Sometimes QBs are exactly who they are.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Yeah probably the worst thing that happened to Jay Cutler's career was Shanahan getting fired. Hell arguably his best seasons in the league were his second and third years, that's not supposed to happen with a guy who starts for a decade.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

ozymandius1024 posted:

Got outplayed by a 44 year old Vinny Testaverde (barely, but still).

I went looking for the video of Vinny throwing what I remembered to be a bomb to Steve Smith, but I can't find video of it anywhere.

It was a 65 yarder in 2007 against the Cards.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Bills declined Sammy Watkins' 5th year option

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/859484930782486529

woof

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams please trade a 3rd round pick next year for Sammy Watkins now

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Diva Cupcake posted:

"Unable to withstand a pass rush" was literally on Cutler's scouting report out of Vandy. Sometimes QBs are exactly who they are.

Also his stats have been almost exactly the same every season in his friggin' career. He was always an 85-87 passer rating dude. The main difference between Denver Jay and Chicago Jay is that he got sacked less in Denver. He hit his ceiling as a rookie and just stayed there for a decade.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers still haven't picked up Kelvin's.

Probably because it weighs too much.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Eric Ebron and Blake Bortles get their fifth-year options picked up but Watkins doesn't, lol.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

:thurman:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

They did earlier today.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Bills can still franchise Watkins next season, but not picking up the option is still insanely dumb unless they think there's a significant chance that 23-year-old Sammy Watkins actually can't play a whole season again.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Meanwhile in Atlanta...

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/859406418990026752

Wanna pet that dog!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Takk continues to own and I wish he was on the Seahawks

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Naming a dog Codeine lol

We picked up Juwuan James option up

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/859486835734712321

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

Takk continues to own and I wish he was on the Seahawks

I freakin' love him, he is going to be my next jersey.

In other news, he is going to suck so hard isn't he? :ohdear:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eli Wiggum posted:

I thought Cutler2Marshall vs Rivers2VJax was going to be an afc west rivalry for a decade

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Good thing the NFL gives 0 fucks about pain killer addiction.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I love this loving guy already!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Just because they decline the option doesn't mean they won't keep them, it's that they don't wanna pay in case he gets injured again

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I freakin' love him, he is going to be my next jersey.

In other news, he is going to suck so hard isn't he? :ohdear:

gently caress no. He's the next Roddy-White of this franchise and I can't WAIT for all the Saints/Panthers goon tears :getin:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

I swear the Bills have a compulsion to get rid of any good players they draft or find.

They're like a dude who can't date an 8 knowing someone out there is banging a 10.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress no. He's the next Roddy-White of this franchise and I can't WAIT for all the Saints/Panthers goon tears :getin:

I sure hope so man and he does have that feel to him. :hfive:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Just because they decline the option doesn't mean they won't keep them, it's that they don't wanna pay in case he gets injured again
Are there any players who've had their 5th year options declined and still signed an extension with that team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I sure hope so man and he does have that feel to him. :hfive:

A wise-crackin', irreverent show-boat that loves fun? Sign me up. otoh, please don't get popped for codeine syrup and punch your girlfriend, Takk :ohdear:

• Locked thread