Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

LobsterMobster posted:

In case anyone cares (y'all don't), but here's how old each division is, on average, based on the champ +top 15 ranking setup UFC offers:

Middleweight - 34.375
Heavyweight - 34.125
Light Heavyweight - 32.9375
Welterweight - 32.3125
Women's bantamweight - 31.1875
Lightweight - 30.4375
Bantamweight - 30.375
Featherweight - 29.25
Strawweight - 28.625
Flyweight - 28.4375

Strawweight and flywweight both have 4 fighters that are 25 or younger. The remaining 8 divisions have 7 fighters 25 or younger combined. Straw and fly have 0 people older than 35 (Straw has 34-year old Jessica Aguilar and fly has 33 year old John Moraga). Not only does every other division have people 35+, there are 32, which is enough to fill 2 divisions with Olds.

Despite Dan Hendo's desiccated husk not dragging middleweight down, it's still old as gently caress. There are 3 guys 40 or older (Yoel, Anderson, Vitor) and just 3 30 or under (Bobby Knux, Krzy Jotko and Smile'N Sam).

Heavyweight has 1 dude past 40, the beloved Mark Hunt. and 3 guys 30 or younger - Francis Ngannou, Alex Volkov and Stefan Struve.

Light heavyweight benefits from fictional characters that were invented in the past 3 - 5 years, but Lil Nog, Cormier, Glover, Manuwa, Durkin Donuts and the concept of Shogun's Knees are really dragging the division down into a bog of decrepitude

doesnt surprise me since the higher weight classes suit older people. yoel is amazing though ... ive never seen anyone like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

I.N.R.I posted:

doesnt surprise me since the higher weight classes suit older people. yoel is amazing though ... ive never seen anyone like him

Barry Bonds?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lid posted:

Barry Bonds?

I dont really follow Golf all that closely

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kilometers Davis posted:

IMO once Bisping defeats the one exact mythical challenger who I believe could never lose to him, then he will be a good fighter.

That one mythical guy was always bad though!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

"No disrespect but I heard someone declare that you have a fatwad and I'm going to eat it up."

Holy poo poo :xd:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Nate Diaz will announce that he has acquired a hunting license in Minnesota on the MMA hour tomorrow.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
iirc yoel has no idea how old he actually is because he was born in a little cuban village, he could be even older.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
40 year old Hendo, who beat Feijao, would beat allegedly 40 year old Romero (who lost to Feijao at allegedly 34)

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Charles Gnarwin posted:

"No disrespect but I heard someone declare that you have a fatwad and I'm going to eat it up."

Need another "lol" on this one.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

El Roncho posted:

"Has a penchant for walking into right hands" is more a technical criticism than a "ROFL HE WAS ALWAYS BAD!" kind of observation.

I was actually checking for myself because I don't want to miss the train to him always being bad.

I can't decide if Bisping was always bad or not. Like you said, technically he's done lots of stupid stuff. On the other hand, he's been involved in a bunch of good fights. He's also fun to dislike. Oh yeah and most importantly I don't fully appreciate his DJ skills. When he fell off the air hockey table in The Ultimate Fighter I think I was in a good mood for like a week. Then most recently I'm torn because I can't really not be on the side of anybody who drunkenly threatens Eddie Bravo in a hotel lobby.

ALL I WANT IS SOME GUIDANCE HERE.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Bisping, despite being a shithead and bad fighter, has done some cool things like threaten Eddie Bravo and hurt the feelings and brain of Luke Rockhold

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
He also invented the popular toilet store meme

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Lid posted:

Barry Bonds?

Hilariously enough this is exactly who Romero is.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

In most recent UFC Unfiltered podcast news, "platinum" Mike perry took pro mma fights while on house arrest.

Asked for what he learned from his loss to jouban, Perry says that he learned it's spelled "gonna," not "gona."

Finally, platinum Mike says when he was a youth and he'd get into online flame wars, and if the other dude was funnier, he'd beat the poo poo out of them. Stay safe out there, FYADs.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I do the same but I've never had to beat anyone up for obvious reasons.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

What if Platinum Mike Perry was coached by Phil Baroni.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

I do the same but I've never had to beat anyone up for obvious reasons.

That software isn't going to program itself.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/859846480445800449

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope Nate calls someone a motherfucker

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Lol Nate Diaz out here giving Tony Ferguson a poo poo talking lesson.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Minor bit of news, the UFC offered Nate Diaz a fight against Ferguson in July, Nate said sure but had some demands which he didn't get into (probably money), the UFC then stopped talking to him and Diaz changed his mind and decided he doesn't want to fight Ferguson because Ferguson has the same manager as Conor, which matters because.... ???

Now he's saying he and Nick are taking 2017 off to train and compete in bike races. Basically saying they'll listen to fight offers, but they don't need to fight if its not worth it.

edit: said the main reason he fought Conor the last two times was to make money to pay for racing, which he says is an expensive sport if you are serious. He's got a racing schedule planned out for the 2017 racing season.

edit2: yep, it was money. He told the UFC that July is the middle of racing season, and if they want to pull him out of the season it'll cost them.

Rigel fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 3, 2017

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Sounds like they wanted to lowball him for Tony and he didn't like it. Kind of like how they reduced DC's pay when he was suddenly fighting Anderson Silva at UFC 200, Diaz would probably walk away from that kind of poo poo.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Nate Diaz has a bench press in his living room.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/859869720446615552

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Rigel posted:

lol

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

"I answered the phone, and it was Mayweather. I'd just smoked a joint and I was like.....poo poo"

Nate Diaz owns

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i would have loved to see ferg / nate because lw desperately needs a marquee fight but i get where nate's coming from

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

threeagainstfour posted:

"I answered the phone, and it was Mayweather. I'd just smoked a joint and I was like.....poo poo"

Nate Diaz owns

hahaha that's pretty surreal

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rigel posted:

hahaha

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This is the real hour!

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
https://www.facebook.com/hardcorechampions/videos/1906336842984810/

Important announcement from Da Black Beast

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

On other fighters wasting money on fancy suits:

https://twitter.com/CrooklynMMA/status/859873343843037185

Also:

https://twitter.com/allelbows/status/859874499373580288

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/859875192687869952

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/859875449186406400

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Why am I not on the fucken Wheaties box?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Nate's on a roll

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/859875787867959296

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Nate is cool i hope hes made enough money that he doesnt have to fight anymore if he doesnt want to

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Dana White sending nate a portrait of a giant middle finger is pretty funny. And then later a ceramic middle finger

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Nate and Nick tried to buy tickets to 205 or get walked in and Dana said no. Security guards still decided to sneak them in

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This has now become an episode of cribs. Nate showing stuff around his house.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
This is the best MMA Hour

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

:lol:

Nate Diaz is now ordering his little bulldog to do tricks, showing off how he's been trained.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

UFC leaves so much money on the table not promoting Nate more with where he's at in terms of popularity at this time. I wouldn't doubt a Nate headlined PPV with the right build would do a really good number in terms of buys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

Finally, platinum Mike says when he was a youth and he'd get into online flame wars, and if the other dude was funnier, he'd beat the poo poo out of them. Stay safe out there, FYADs.

I'm 100% sure FYAD will be safe.

• Locked thread