Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

BlindSite posted:

If you dont love Bisping as champ and how he got there you're a bad mma fan

Hth.

Agreed, he's terrible but that left hook was one of the most beautiful moments in mma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Snowman_McK posted:

That's a chin, not a jawline, dude.

GH can change your face, is that what the guy was on about?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Skip My Posts posted:

He didn't take bisping seriously and that jab he lunged in with was so lazy

He literally looked like he thought he was sparring with a non fighter on bully beatdown he was so blase.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

CommonShore posted:

It's redirecting me to the Canadian site and I can't see it. Please provide a summary or screenshot or something.

Same

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

It's also fake as gently caress

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
It's clearly fake and I'm a bit saddened that the majority of people haven't instantly realised that.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

remember when gsp put one fo the most prolonged and vicious beatings seen inside the octagon on josh koscheck? little did he know he was vulnerable to the overhand right - the only punch koscheck knows how to throw

I remember that loving eye, was that the same fight?

Edit: yea

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Captain Log posted:

Err, it's been a long week. Has anything cool happened? I'm way out of the loop.

gently caress all mate, but there's a good card coming up and the media is just kicking into gear pre fight night style.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

It's the one time I've felt sorry for Koscheck.

I didn't, I disliked the man and seeing him dismantled so well by an mma legend and gentleman was fantastic.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Work Friend Keven posted:

GSP backed out because hes on steroids.

What makes you think this other than that weird gut he's been sporting?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Fartbox posted:

I wanna see GSP knocked out again

the last time it happened was literally one of the all time great moments in MMA history

Why? He's a very nice man. The only reason it was awesome the first time was because it was Serra and he was such an underdog.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
What ever it takes

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

its no good for anyone involved if someone gets wrongly sanctioned so youll hardly ever see it happen. even in cases where the athlete was probably on something it can end in disaster for the doping agency and the promotion if it cant be proven beyond doubt, cyclist roberto heras was recently awarded the equivalent of $1 million for successfully appealing an EPO sanction, despite testing positive for EPO

Isn't that because of false positives? One of the reason cycling was so obviously doped to the gills was that every single test ever was coming up negative, if the tests were legitimate and no one was doping, you would randomly get a false positive and have to retest the sample. That's got nothing to do with the biological passport which, for instance, says your testosterone has been between 600-2100, a bit above normal human range but with enough scope to be realistic your whole life, and if you suddenly start hitting 10000, something fucky is going on, even if you don't test positive for Test roids blood sample wise.

They have to do this because there is a Testosterone that you literally can't catch in someone's blood if you don't test them whilst they are using it that very second and can be flushed very easily out of the system.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

manyak posted:

Medical surveillance is bad but were talking about people beating each other up for entertainment, its probably less concerning that some sanctioning body has your hematocrit levels on record than if they half-assed the drug testing like in other sports and the guy making 11/11 gets his head caved in by a guy who can afford to abuse designer PEDs

Correct

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Work Friend Keven posted:

I don't want to consider the steroid opinions of a man who is currently using steroids to go from 135 to 148, no offense.

135 to 185 currently off cycle but ok.

I.N.R.I posted:

frankly there is no safe way to take banned peds that are a) controlled and must be obtained illegally b) untested and c) not administered by a health professional

Most pro athletes are using via a professional health person monitoring them and what they are taking is a slightly modified tested substance that is altered just for the sake of its compound being not on the banned list.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

this is extra impressive when you factor in that exactly 0.000% of that body weight is ballsack

If anything towards the end of being on cycle it's actually negative weight gain in that area. Thank goodness for pct and JBJ fave dick pill drug Clomid.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

maybe 2% of athletes in the world are making above minimum wage if theyre making anything at all

Yea good point, I should of prefaced my statement with athletes with decent amount of money.

Which begs the question how did they get to the point where they had money, clean or underground roiding until they could afford Dr supervision.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Captain Log posted:

Don't be or message me. This is a loving website.

How more people can't have this attitude about the mental health of posters and how serious some posts are is beyond me.

It's a loving comedy forum.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Jeeeeesus he's dead and the ref just drags him back into the ring to keep it going :stare:

Two of the biggest hearts in MMA.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Ha, apparently Chris Weidman got involved in the scuffle to try and break it up and quickly changed his mind.

https://twitter.com/ChrisWeidmanUFC/status/866439764462911488

Bless him.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Eat This Glob posted:

I think that she twweted that cyborg looks like the tricycle riding puppet from the "SAW" series of films.

Wasn't it a bit more emotionally charged because the photo was of her touring a children's cancer hospital ward next door to her dad's hospital ward who was also dying of cancer.

Sure hitting people over comments is dumb but at the same time talk poo poo get hit, if she had apologised to Cyborg due to the context not being understood and Cyborg battered her mid apology then it might be off, but that's not what it looks like is happening.

If a Diaz did it no one would be complaining. Magana has shown herself to be an awful person a few times over so I'm glad people are standing up to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Also it's being discussed that Magana bought her fist up first, Cyborg on reflex leans back and let's one go.

https://gfycat.com/WeepyDirtyAlaskanmalamute

Can't really tell but it's certainly not clear. I do know that Magana is the kind of poo poo that screams "I can talk about whoever the gently caress I want!" and then cries that drama always follows her.

• Locked thread