Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i feel like stipe is going to get the record for title defenses at heavyweight and i also feel like he's not that good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bluedeanie posted:

It's easy to feel that way when you remember the Struve and Gonzaga fights (the latter of which I tragically witnessed live) but I do think he is very good. Source: every fight he has had since Gonzaga

i think he's very good, i just don't get the feeling like looking at say cain (rip) that this guy is head and shoulders above everyone. i also think the struve loss was bs and he got poked in the eye but i have never bothered to go back and watch it to see if that's true.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Hunt vs Miocic and Lesnar were sincerely the lease I've ever enjoyed watching the UFC, outside of the average brazillian throwaway TV card

the brazilian card where the hometown guys kept getting nuked and they had to clean dead moths off the canvas with packing tape in between the fights was one of my favourite shows ever

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Skip My Posts posted:

hey remember this brutal poo poo

Apparently Goes had a brain bleed after that, which isn't surprising considering he's getting shunted out of the ring solely via getting kneed directly on the top of the head. It's like violent furniture rearranging

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Cerrone talks a big game but he knows that Big John tells them all in the back that if they start having sex with their opponents it'll be a disqualification

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the six million dollar man sound effect plays as cowboy's anus is penetrated on fox

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Bas Rutten used to be at the bleeding edge of striking in this sport and he said there was no reason to ever jab in MMA, so it's hard to blame Quarry. It's easy to blame him for his post-fighting career: making a comic book called "zombie cage fighter"

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

david carmichael posted:

Bas threw straight lead hands all the time, he just wasn't on board with feinting or not sitting down on punches. He figured you may as well just full on punch

Part of his no jabs thing was informed by being a Dutchman in a sport of wrestlers so he had an incredibly square stance, if he never had a lead leg then he had two power hands and could sprawl (theoretically). He's right that you do need a squarer stance in MMA but he was also lovely at wrestling and "limp leg" was just a side effect of painkillers to bas

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
DAN AYKROYD FROM CONEHEADS: Bwargh! Dangity dang! Frssssh! [just starts loving drooling everywhere]

THE WORLD CIRCA 1997: This is what the perfect fighter looks like

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Captain Log posted:

I think half the people here could be better striking coaches than most pro-fighters have, but so would a speak and spell shouting "punch the face!

No, I don't think so

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Skip My Posts posted:

Rumors that UFC signed Gokhan Saki. Crazy

Lol if true, he can't get through a training camp which is why he doesn't fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Dan Didio posted:

TKZ vs Lamas for July 26.

Sick

Also I don't know why you guys keep saying genetic passport but Frank Mir is 100% going to go to some shady research facility in China for an illegal crispr treatment that accidentally makes his dick fall off

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Cody Garbrandt is the top gun volleyball scene made flesh and that's cool, but he stole the leper's treasure and immediately discovered its curse. Rest in peace

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
just wanted to mention that in pride the ring announcers called him denis "can" which was prophetic

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Book either Poirier or Alvarez against Gaethje and Masvidal against either of the Diaz brothers please. Thank you.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Skip My Posts posted:

https://streamable.com/zpjv6

drat, eddie has a pretty unique stagger when he gets cracked

muscle memory baby

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
gsp you must absolutely fight me on or before july 8th. btw i can't walk.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

TheReverend posted:

So I'm going to be in China from Aug - Nov.

I found out UFC will be back in Saitama Super Arena end of September.

I'm thinking about maybe doing some Japan tourism and maybe doing the UFC show???

I'm trying to figure out if that part would be a waste of time (as in, would there be anything special about SSA? Am I just clutching to memories of PRIDE? Would my time be better spent ya know... doing Japanese things? ) ?

If you've been to a UFC event before they're pretty much the same whichever country they're in. If you want to relive memories of PRIDE there's going to be a Rizin show in October with the second round of a GP with Kyoji Horiguchi, and whatever other dumb poo poo they put on it.

It's impossible to second guess UFC business practices these days but I can't imagine any Japanese card these days being good, they kind of peaked at Silva vs Stann and then kept getting Roy Nelson fights.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Cyborgs a loving moron and is going to immediately and publicly complain when she has to face repercussions

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
cyborg is loving colossally dumb lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the only rising freakshow i want these two retards involved in is tied to a dirigible so they never have to be heard from again

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Work Friend Keven posted:

This donald trump... if this guy loved palming orbs in the shadows any more he'd be a male prostitute!

Donald Trump... I tell you... his tweets read like a child's first essay! "I got a burger. The burger was worse than mcdonalds burger. Sad!"

And donald trumps wife... she hates him! I dont know who hates this guy more... the american people... or his own wife!

And finally, when Fedor demanded copromotion of UFC event against Randy Natural, preventing the fight from ever happening, thats when we knew for sure that the true heavyweight goat of all time is big nog.

lmao

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
btw i hope i don't get punched for this but angela magana looks like someone played a prank on chael sonnen and switched his testosterone with oestrogen

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Grifter posted:

Struve is on a two fight win streak, at heavyweight that pretty much makes him Demian Maia. Rematch that poo poo immediately.

Struve is more like Demian Tia

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Saki hasn't fought regularly in forever because of a number of issues, one is that he couldn't get through camp without being injured and maintain his weight. The other is he wouldn't fight cheap.

He didn't look great against Ciobanu like 2 years ago, and that's a guy he would've effortlessly stomped 5 years ago. He's spent so much time inactive it's hard to say where he stands in kickboxing let alone a different sport.

Interested to see if he stays at 205 or not

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

CommonShore posted:

What are the worst TUF coach records so far? Rampage went 1-7 vs Evans. Joanna went 1-7 vs Claudia, and Melendez went 1-7 vs Pettis. Any others?

lol no loving way were melendez and pettis coaches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Sorry all, I won't be posting for the foreseeable future. I generated a sonic boom by trying to search for Courtney Casey on Wikipedia and destroyed my.computer.

• Locked thread