Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
all the good fighters did tons of steroids and cut a million pounds, it's harder to do both now.

also apparently the best base for fighting is having 1 functional eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

jon jones has been defeated by matt hamill, a pregnant driver, and a telephone pole.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

What CAN'T steroids do? Make you stronger, hit harder, look handsomer...gently caress USADA, man, let's get the UFC stacked with panty-dropping uber-men already. What could possibly go wrong?

Sage Northcutt already exists and we do not deserve him, let alone an entire roster of Sage.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bisping has always been bad and stupid, USADA just revealed that everyone is also bad and stupid and also secretly cheating (Bisping blatantly and publicly cheats, it's different)

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

there's no need to be that pedantic. they're both well rounded strikers who use wrestling almost exclusively defensively.

Ehh not really, they both have completely different approaches to striking

And neither is well rounded as a striker.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bisping, despite being a shithead and bad fighter, has done some cool things like threaten Eddie Bravo and hurt the feelings and brain of Luke Rockhold

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Huh, that's weird because he got hosed hard by Masvidal on live TV and only made $111k.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Do you wanna be a loving fighter ???

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

To think, Julian Lane might finally be allowed to bang

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I know where I'm going this summer.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Gay Horney posted:

Am I loving crazy or did Luke Rockhold just lose his championship off of a jab?

orthodox vs. southpaw

Gay Horney posted:

Diaz hosed Michael Johnson up off of his jab too.

Michael Johnson is very bad

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Triticum Guzzler posted:

"limp leg" was just a side effect of painkillers to bas

:drat:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

The jab doesn't work

:goonsay:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I TRAIN with UFC LEGEND Jeremy Horn

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Cyborg and Joanna are the only wmma worth watching, and miesha tate

Miesha Tate wasn't good but she was tenacious and tough and always in entertaining fights. Sucks that she retired but I'm really happy she got a big gold belt before she did.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Yoel isn't slow, he just spends lots of time doing nothing and then explodes into some ridiculous offense.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

Why do you think it's so hosed up

check his av

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Work Friend Keven posted:

ITs a massive invasion of privacy that lets them retroactively punish you years later for whatever dumb crap they want & it's just incredibly humiliating as a human being haha.

if you can bang with a dude on free tv, surely you can pee in a cup in front of a creepy guy with a badge

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Masvidal's entire career is all "that kid has potential if only he stopped being stupid"

He's 32.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

big money big clit posted:

In retrospect I can't believe Hunt lasted til round 5 against Stipe, because nobody else has made it out of the first since then.

I must've blocked that fight out of my memory because for some reason I thought it got stopped by round 2 or 3.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Jota posted:

On Bisping's podcast yesterday he was saying that neither he or GSP were contacted about the fight being off and that his left knee is so hurt he can't straighten it and can't train at all and he probably needs a while before his next fight.

So it doesn't sound like he'll be fighting Romero anytime soon.

quack quack

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Tezcatlipoca posted:

When Tyron Woodley ducks a fight everyone hates him. When Bisping ducks a fight the response is mixed. hmm

michael bisping embarrassed a left coast pretty boy and made fun of a cheating latino.

tyron woodley thinks that black lives matter.

u do the math

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

It's kind of funny when the fake middleweight belt probably has a lot more prestige than the real one.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Here's Magana's instagram post with the Saw puppet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTbhahclA8N/

If this results in Cyborg being banished to Rizin freakshows then Angela Magana has my full support.

don't post this dishespectful poo poo

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

david carmichael posted:

The issue for dj is that if he goes through camp and tj misses weight then he still needs to fight him if he wants to get paid. And if he loses to a much larger dude who doesn't make weight it will seriously hurt his already marginal drawing power. If he has proof he can make weight then the risk is mitigated somewhat. No one every wondered if frankie could make 145 because he's like 5'4

Also I don't know why this fight is headlining anything. DJ has no drawing power at all so it can't benefit the UFC really, or benefit DJ unless they pay him Anderson Silva money.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bubba Smith posted:

not at all, but UFC and Demetrious Johnson aren't going to do any better putting the Ray Brog fight on FOX in front of 1.34 million viewers again. TJ has headlined a few PPVs before and has been on some successful free TV cards, so I do think he is a bigger draw than Demetrious Johnson. TJ Dillashaw should honestly be the guy demanding more money to fight Mighty Mouse.

Cruz vs. TJ did 125k buys, if TJ is a bigger draw it's really marginal

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bubba Smith posted:

I thought that fight was on free tv, an FS1 show, which earned the 2nd highest ratings ever only coming behind Conor McGregor's fight

all i know is tj dillashaw has done good ratings on free tv before, while demetrious johnson pulled the worst ratings in UFC on FOX history in his last outing. Pay TJ Dillashaw to take the MIghty Mouse fight

You are correct, for some reason I read the buyrate chart for TJ vs. Joe Soto as TJ vs. Cruz :doh:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

lol it's only 1 month? yeah these guys are like 30-35 too it's not the coaching

iirc it's 6 weeks but yeah, not a lot of time. I'd also guess a lot of weight cut failures are also due to it being hard to cut 3-4 times over 6 weeks.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bundt Cake posted:

in their prime they werent in the same class

Correct, Manny Pacquiao reads at an 8th grade level while Floyd can't read at all.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

pretty much. oh and jose is like 8th on the all-time tdd list, but the times he was actually taken down he pops right back up. they shouldn't even count they're so worthless.

i think edgar held him down for like 20 or 30 seconds once. i think. man he's good.

that said though i think holloway will give him problems. an unorthodox, young, hungry striker seems like a guy who could make jose work. keen as heck.

Frankie is second best to Aldo. Aldo pretty much outclasses him everywhere, except maybe he moves fewer miles in a fight than Frankie does.

I think it's funny that Chad$ was considered #2 for so long and then gets back to back murdered by Conor, Frankie, and an acne cream.

Max is very good but he'd lose to Aldo and Frankie. I'd love to see him fight Conor or Tony Ferguson though, those would be sick fights.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

GSP has found a perfect quantum state because hes never going to fight but if he never fights he'll never lose and have to retire.

ehhh what excites me the most is of course a woman, dinosaur, and the chaos of quantum mechanic

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

tesilential posted:

1) Frankie may have better offensive wrestling, who knows since Aldo has never had to really use it.

2) Chad was legit the #2 guy in the division until Conor and Frankie proved he wasn't. He may still be the 3rd best guy in the weightclass.

e;f Did I just fall for the Chad was always bad? Remember when Renan finally lost and people were like seeeee he was never the legit champ, all the while forgetting that for several years nobody could beat him. Nobody is invincible. One day sooner than you think there will be 10 featherweights who can beat Aldo, it doesn't mean Aldo wasn't the best at his time.

Naw, Chad wasn't bad, but he was flawed and his 2nd run for the title includes a ton of dud fights including against Cody McKenzie and Darren Elkins (due to injury replacements, so not his fault, but still).

His 2nd Aldo fight was great, but you could see where he was trying really hard to implement Ludwig's movement and gameplan and could only maintain it for about 2 minutes at the start of every round, then he'd be back to being planted on his lead leg and trading shots in close.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

Dana said he's pushing hard for Mighty Mouse vs tj but mm is being difficult about taking the fight

This is not even a drawing fight so I don't get why Dana is trying so hard here.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

It's better drawing than any flyweight guy by far and much more interesting

150k buys is for sure more than 50k buys, but the UFC would be better off putting together some kind of 5 round freak show.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Jon Jones is going to beat them both and then he's going to commit some low level felony and disappear again.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Jones looked a little slow and was tired at some points in the OSP fight. Post jackson jones is usually pretty slow because he waits for people to engage him mostly and has always used a style where he bursts hard and then moves to a slower pace and repeats but in the OSP fight he looked a little less in control of it. I'd probably blame his time off hobby of power lifting more than anything else.

yeah, clearly he needs to pick up the coke habit again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Knocking out Joey B is probably his best win.

• Locked thread