Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Idk, I've only watched the fight once but I think Whittaker looked pretty well rounded when he easily got Jacare off of his back and proceeded to smash him with a bunch of different strikes.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 06:27 on May 3, 2017

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

"I answered the phone, and it was Mayweather. I'd just smoked a joint and I was like.....poo poo"

Nate Diaz owns

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Joanna two division champ incoming

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I thought the fight against calderwood was at 125 and she got smashed.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I think women's 125 should be cool and certainly makes way more sense than creating an entire division with approximately three or four fighters just for Cyborg to never fight in.

There's plenty of women too small for 135, but far too big for 115, Valerie and Calderwood being the prime examples I could think of off the top of my head. Maybe we could see the loser of Joanna vs Jessica move up as well.

It could also be a good class for fighters to move up to as they get older. I could see Rose Namajunas doing really well at 125.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlcNDSyV88Y&t=702s

Joanna gonna do some violence again next week.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Skip My Posts posted:

Tj seems like a really good coach this year. Chael seemed good too

Taking the show at face value and assuming they aren't editing it to make Cody and his team look bad, the contrast in quality of coaching between TJ and Cody is pretty stark.

I think it was the 2nd episode where that dude defended the rear naked choke incorrectly and both Cody and Castillo immediately went in on the guy, "this is on you," etc.

I don't get the vibe that if one of TJ's guys lost they would get that kind of treatment after the fight.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I would guess that on top of not happening till November at the earliest, they also pulled the Bisping GSP fight because no one seemed to give a poo poo about it.

If GSP is going to still fight I hope it's back at 170. Maybe he can jab Woodley to death.

Skip My Posts posted:

he saw that johny hendricks interview and retired again

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 11, 2017

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Bisping is going to beat Yoel

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

bisping is the best and i really hope he wins but yoel has shown a worrying lack of getting insanely tired against weidman. in the jacare fight he was so gassed that he landed like one significant strike in the first minute of round 2 and then did nothing for the rest of the fight. in the weidman fight he was beating weidman in round 2 with wrestling and competitive in stand up and in round 3 still had enough gas to kill weidman with nearly no cheating...

I look forward to Romero's baffled expression and shoulder shrug as the ref screams for a towel between rounds to wipe off all the water that somehow got poured all over him.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Summer Kickoff presser is live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVJEA7xaPI4

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

this presser owns

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/FullContactMTWF/status/865001455769403394

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

Saw news on my work elevator news screen that McGregor signed for the Mayweather fight?

Apparently his side of the deal is done and the ball is in Mayweather's court now.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Yeah, Conor was never going to be the difficult side of the deal to get done. He's going to make way, way more money then he ever would in an MMA fight. Floyd will be the tricky one to get signed.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

It's a really stupid fight and I'd much rather see Conor come back to MMA and fight one of the 155 contenders.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

willie_dee posted:

Also it's being discussed that Magana bought her fist up first, Cyborg on reflex leans back and let's one go.

https://gfycat.com/WeepyDirtyAlaskanmalamute

Can't really tell but it's certainly not clear. I do know that Magana is the kind of poo poo that screams "I can talk about whoever the gently caress I want!" and then cries that drama always follows her.

she probably hates drama and fake people!!

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

hahaha

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Destroying Arlovski, Werdum, Overeem, and JDS all in a row, all in one round, only to fall short of breaking the record for defenses by getting killed in a rematch with Stefan Struve would be the most heavyweight thing so let's book that rematch immediately.

Also looks like DJ vs TJ might actually be happening?

https://twitter.com/bokamotoespn/status/867168491794608129

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 24, 2017

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo that is so loving tone deaf.

Rory made 400k in Bellator this weekend.

Good, Rory owns and I look forward to him smashing everyone in the 170 division in Bellator.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Memento posted:

Embedded #1 for 212 is up. I completely forgot that was this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l-F1oHWY7s

The main event is insanely sick. Claudia vs Karolina should be fun as well and I'm looking forward to the UFC debut of Marlon Moraes.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Conor definitely hits extremely hard but the Aldo KO was also perfect timing and hit the right place at the right time. He probably couldn't intentionally throw a better punch.

Yeah, half the force of that knockout punch came from Aldo himself flying forward with his chin ahead of everything else like a crazy person.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Mayweather will gently caress him up barring a miracle and McGregor's air of MMA invincibility isn't especially large considering he got choked out by Nate Diaz last year.

I feel like any orthodox fighter at a reach disadvantage is going to have a real hard time with Conor.

I want to see Conor fight Tony Ferguson. That's an interesting match up to me.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I heard somewhere that Max Holloway did not yet have a striking coach when he fought McGregor, which is pretty nuts.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

UFC June: Congrats on the engagement though, beautiful woman.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

A lack of roids could be to blame for Jones's performance, but ring rust and a sudden change in opponent could also be to blame. Coming from the node based fighting camp, the sudden change in opponent probably threw off a lot of the prep they did for that fight. OSP does hit hard and did connect on Jones clean early in the fight if I remember correctly. He may have just chosen to play it safe after eating that punch early in the fight.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I think of all the fights coming up this summer, aside from the insanely sick Holloway Aldo match up on Saturday, I'm most excited for the pain golem Justin Gaethje's debut.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/2...-next-10-fights

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

This owned, it's a shame Cody has inherited the bantamweight curse by loving Cruz and will forever be plagued with injuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/870373242804072448/photo/1

• Locked thread