Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
You didn't even stay to listen to that song for a bit. That's really rude.

Also, don't search for that song! The comments and related videos are lousy with spoilers. Like seriously! Never search for something from this game.

Have a polsy link instead:
https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVDftyQ96ZVs

It's really wistful and gloomy compared to the previous music. But it doesn't exactly sound sad. It's a quite great theme for a great character.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 15, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is there some book transmitted disease going around?

Also that outfit is awful.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I too immediately had visions of NieR bathing like Geralt.

Maybe if he takes his clothes off, Kainé could borrow them?

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

cant cook creole bream posted:

You didn't even stay to listen to that song for a bit. That's really rude.

Also, don't search for that song! The comments and related videos are lousy with spoilers. Like seriously! Never search for something from this game.

Have a polsy link instead:
https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVDftyQ96ZVs

It's really wistful and gloomy compared to the previous music. But it doesn't exactly sound sad. It's a quite great theme for a great character.

Ahhh thank you! I had actually forgotten to look for this after the session but I'm glad I didn't if the comments have so many spoilers in it! Now I can enjoy this as much as I enjoy making fun of Kainé's outfit!

(I'm joking, Kainé is rapidly becoming one of my favourite characters in this game which will surprise literally nobody who knows anything about me)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Oh that reminds me, I meant to post music as the videos went live, but it completely slipped my mind! You can buy this game's OST off of iTunes, so I'm not going to link to downloadable versions of the music, so if you want the songs for yourself, please support the official release. Let me know if I've missed anything!

Disc 1
1. Snow in Summer
2. Hills of Rdiant Wind
3. The Incomplete Stone
4. Blu-bird
5. Cold Steel Coffin
7. Song of the Ancients / Devola
10. Song of the Ancients / Popola
15. Deep Crimson Foe

Disc 2
3. Kainé / Salvation
8. The Lost Forest

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I appreciate that Nier and Weiss both immediately mirroring Artix's thoughts on the Aerie.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Fish Noise posted:

I appreciate that Nier and Weiss both immediately mirroring Artix's thoughts on the Aerie.

He has played it a lot. Maybe he used to love the Aerie, but over time picked up their opinions as his own.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

9. City of Commerce

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 19, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't know if I can keep watching this LP, if Fae keeps on dropping these hard 'book' slurs like that.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
And so the fishing begins.... :unsmigghh:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Why are trees sad? Is it because they get murdered and then some jerk writes a story about them being sad on their ground up remains?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

RareAcumen posted:

I don't know if I can keep watching this LP, if Fae keeps on dropping these hard 'book' slurs like that.

I agree. I have grimoire friends I've recommended her LP's to. What am I supposed to tell them now?

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
you guys.

:yokotaro:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I like how, when the game asked you, all of you decided to see your daughter, but then you ignored her and only did Popola's stuff anyway.
Seriously, you didn't even drop by there.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

cant cook creole bream posted:

I like how, when the game asked you, all of you decided to see your daughter, but then you ignored her and only did Popola's stuff anyway.
Seriously, you didn't even drop by there.
Pretty sure they did though?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Must have missed it then. Weird. I thought they went to the town, talked to Devola, she directed them to a small sidequest with for her sister and once they were there, Popola gave them the new mission.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It was an incredibly short visit, but Yonah's the reason we went to Seafront in the first place. Dad saw that Yonah wasn't feeling great, which is why he went to Popola for medicine and she told him to get some Shaman Fish.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

aaaand the notes for this session, wherein I started to doodle!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

For being on a quest to save his dying daughter he sure has time for a lot of side quests.

Faerie Fortune posted:

(please put on pants)

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
High five to Popola for being a drunk karaoke bro, because I'm the exact same way. I will get really into karaoke and have a blast doing it...after my third beer.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

We're gonna do a stream sometime within the hour at https://twitch.tv/chaosargate. We are ahead of the uploaded videos by a bit, so be aware. We're about to go to the mansion, I believe, so people coming in know about where we're at.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 minutes!

Poil posted:

For being on a quest to save his dying daughter he sure has time for a lot of side quests.

This feels relevant:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Isn't there a version that has a decision node specifically for that one sidequest?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

This feels relevant:

Neat. That feels very universal.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

8. The Wretched Automatons

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

When I first heard the "Automata" part of Nier: Automata's name I admit to a certain feeling of dread as I recalled memories of the junk heap.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
That reminded me a lot of the Lanayru Mining Facility in Skyward Sword, but I can't put my finger on why, exactly.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

The flamethrower guitar man from Fury Road is called The Doof Warrior, I'll have you know. :colbert:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I both knew that someone would correct me on that, and that it would be you. Never change, liquidypoo :allears:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

We got a big fat liar playing this game I see.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I just about died when you finally noticed Dark Hand after the entire dungeon. It's really good for clearing out hordes of robots.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm pretty sure that Dark Hand is the mightiest spell you have right now too.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

I'm pretty sure that Dark Hand is the mightiest spell you have right now too.

With only a couple of exceptions, Dark Hand/Dark Lance were the permanent spells I used for the entire game. They are by far the best, and especially against those robots.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Double update today because episode 11 is really short and I couldn't figure out a good split point for episode 10.

Disc 1
6. Grandma
16. Dispossession / Piano Ver.

Disc 2
2. Song of the Ancients / Hollow Dreams

AlphaKretin posted:

I just about died when you finally noticed Dark Hand after the entire dungeon. It's really good for clearing out hordes of robots.

I'm, uh, really bad at remembering what spells I do and don't have! Part of that might be from how I pretty much just went through Automata with the Dark Blast equivalent and didn't actually bother looking into other options, but yeah expect more of that for at least the next two sessions.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Why did the gift break this time?
Well, I was trying to drift this boar...

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Poil posted:

Why did the gift break this time?
Well, I was trying to drift this boar...

Anyone who has witnessed The Boar Drift can forgive enthusiasm for boar-drifting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

While Kaine's outfit is clearly a case of working backward from "We want a woman to fight in lingerie" it is also a case of putting so much effort into justifying it and playing against type that it wraps around to being fine.