Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I still can't believe that Emil said that Roc has "Charwolfsma". Goddammit, my idiot wizard son.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That doesn't even make sense as a pun. Maybe charocsma.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

That doesn't even make sense as a pun. Maybe charocsma.

I dunno, I can see how "charwolfsma" is a weak joke (not a pun) from combining "charisma" and "wolf", but I have absolutely no idea where "charocsma" came from.

I do not get your joke at all, friend

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

biosterous posted:

I dunno, I can see how "charwolfsma" is a weak joke (not a pun) from combining "charisma" and "wolf", but I have absolutely no idea where "charocsma" came from.

I do not get your joke at all, friend

The wolfs name is roc.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Ah! Okay, yes that makes sense.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I'm so bad at keeping up to date on this LP. :negative:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm so bad at keeping up to date on this LP. :negative:

Well, you are juggling two of them now tbf.

I hope you and Fae eventually do another I've Never Played A Video Game episode.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Since Drakengard discussion is not allowed in this thread, does anyone know a thread where I can ask about Drakengard?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

Since Drakengard discussion is not allowed in this thread, does anyone know a thread where I can ask about Drakengard?

Well, there's the Automata thread.

They're surprisingly careful with spoilers for how long it's been, but it's still pretty risky if you want to avoid knowing the twists.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Nebrilos posted:

This information may have come straight from my arse, but I'm pretty sure its Drakengard 3 we're avoiding spoilers on, the others are fair game. I know the first game has some link to Nier but I'm not sure what yet and from what I remember, its a very minor thing anyway so a simple question should be okay BUT Argate can confirm or deny that!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

We'll probably get into the link between Drakengard 1 and this game sometime during the next stream, which we're tentatively planning for next weekend. Aside from that, I'm gonna say anything goes for D1 and D2?

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
It was a question about Drakengard 3, so I ended up asking in the Nier Automata thread. Thank you.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The "scientific" explanation that I heard for deja vu is that it's when a short-term memory gets accidentally stored in the part of your brain used for long-term memory, but I'm not a neurologist and brains are incredibly complex so I could just be making that up!

Faerie Fortune posted:

I know the first game has some link to Nier but I'm not sure what yet and from what I remember, its a very minor thing anyway so a simple question should be okay BUT Argate can confirm or deny that!

Without giving away too much, one of the text dream sequences in the Forest of Myth has a somewhat overt reference to the event in Drakengard that leads to NieR, but you probably wouldn't have picked up on it unless you played Drakengard (or watched JordanKai's Drakengard recap video from his NieR LP like I did :v:).

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

a little late but here's the nier notes from last session! Featuring our good pal, The Mudercube

Page 20 - Page 21: Episodes 43-46

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChaosArgate/status/1008041271263363079

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
You know, in retrospect, I'm pretty sure Project Gestalt was hosed from the get go if even a completely successful reunited human can get their soul baked off if they stand in the light for too long.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

JT Jag posted:

You know, in retrospect, I'm pretty sure Project Gestalt was hosed from the get go if even a completely successful reunited human can get their soul baked off if they stand in the light for too long.

That's only a problem for half the planet, though. It stopped turning after all.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Geemer posted:

That's only a problem for half the planet, though. It stopped turning after all.
The half that Project Gestalt was done in, unfortunately

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
That post-credits stinger tho

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
It begins.

The greatest story time :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I'm so sorry for my mic in these episodes, I swear I wasn't recording from inside a tin can! Windows did its update thing which reset my sound settings and for some reason part of that was audacity using my cheap rear end webcam as my mic instead of my expensive blue snowball. Thanks Windows!!!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Luciferase is also the name of the ghost pepper mayonnaise that I'm developing.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

C-Euro posted:

Luciferase is also the name of the ghost pepper mayonnaise that I'm developing.

This sounds like a fast path to a volcano of pain and regret.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

pointlessone posted:

This sounds like a fast path to a volcano of pain and regret.

Sounds like it'd be :yokotaro: approved then!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Apologies for getting this up late, I've been busy basically all day and hadn't had a chance to make posts or anything.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Say, why was Emil asking about powered trains and city lights? Isn't he from that era?

Also, Popola and Devola being androids created to ensure the completion of project gestalt means that somewhere, someone in the process decided that, taking into account all reasonable activities the androids might have to engage in, this one was going to be a horny drunk.

Vauron
Aug 7, 2016

Take your stance
I will give you one fair chance
So let's make this dance a bloody masquerade
My guess has always been that the project team leads figured that they'd use this as an opportunity to create their perfect waifus. While all agreed that redheads are great, and an excellent singing voice was also nice, one/some preferred party girls while others had a sexy librarian fetish. Making them twins would probably be a combination of a twin fetish and spending the resources making them fully functional for adult purposes instead of different bodies.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Tenebrais posted:

Also, Popola and Devola being androids created to ensure the completion of project gestalt means that somewhere, someone in the process decided that, taking into account all reasonable activities the androids might have to engage in, this one was going to be a horny drunk.

Their designers probably wanted to recreate human behavior as perfectly as possible so they could blend in among the replicants better. And maybe they wanted to make androids as replacements for natural humans incase Project Gestalt failed.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChaosArgate/status/1030862664887615492

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

The two Ayapaneco speakers may not have actually had a feud (http://stories.schwa-fire.com/who_save_ayapaneco#chapter-113060), and they are currently working to teach the language to the youth of their community :unsmith:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Emil just can't catch a break :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I clicked on this expecting it to be the Dad Dating Sim thread because I dunno I've been up for a while, and got very confused.