Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Hell yeah, I was really into JordanKai's recent LP of this game until he had to call it quits. Hoping that you three will fare better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
This boss music is extremely good and you should probably click that music link!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Thought there was an issue with the uncut video but nope! Also this boss track is really good.

E: Ughhhh why's you have to stop the video there.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 7, 2017

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Are we at the point where Jordan's LP cut off?

The next update will take us to that point.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Some god-tier music in this episode.

Also some god-tier sadness (and I'm betting it will get worse) :smith:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Faerie Fortune posted:

Time for the NieR notes from last session!

Page 9 - Page 10

Majora's Mask update when

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Kibayasu posted:

Also RIP happiness, you were in a Yoko Taro game.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

ChaosArgate posted:

I had a lot of fun with this one.

Well that was strangely ominous!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Is it just me or is there no resolution for this video above 360p?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
OK cool, I know Verizon is about to take all video streaming quality down a peg on their services and thought they were really going crazy.

Also why do I find myself asking if we are, in fact, the bad guys?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Hey where'd all these onions come from

Why does this keep happening

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The Something Awful Forums > Games > Let's Play! > My Dad Can Beat Up Your Dad - Let's Play NieR

Looking forward to the other endings because I have a lot of questions about the last few updates.

E: It's not spoilers if we've already seen it in an update, right?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm gonna say no, once an update's up, anything from it is fair game for discussion.

I mostly just wanted to make my dumb joke thread title :v:

Also, are we going to get soundtrack updates for these last few videos, or have they all been repeat music tracks and I just don't know it?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 8, 2017

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Question for people ITT who've played NieR: Replicant- so Devola called the project to try and save humanity "Project Gestalt". In Japan, Dad-mode NieR is called NieR: Gestalt while Brother-mode NieR is called NieR: Replicant. Does that mean in NieR: Replicant, they refer to the project as "Project Replicant"?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 9, 2017

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Hell yeah more depression, let's do this thing.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Thai curry paste that you get in a can is also very good if you are down for making curry, or at least Maesri brand paste is.

Also I don't remember you guys taking out Beepy in this run, did you do that off-camera?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The "scientific" explanation that I heard for deja vu is that it's when a short-term memory gets accidentally stored in the part of your brain used for long-term memory, but I'm not a neurologist and brains are incredibly complex so I could just be making that up!

Faerie Fortune posted:

I know the first game has some link to Nier but I'm not sure what yet and from what I remember, its a very minor thing anyway so a simple question should be okay BUT Argate can confirm or deny that!

Without giving away too much, one of the text dream sequences in the Forest of Myth has a somewhat overt reference to the event in Drakengard that leads to NieR, but you probably wouldn't have picked up on it unless you played Drakengard (or watched JordanKai's Drakengard recap video from his NieR LP like I did :v:).

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
That post-credits stinger tho

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Luciferase is also the name of the ghost pepper mayonnaise that I'm developing.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
It's me, I'm the guy who likes the Lost Shrine (at least from an audio-visual perspective) :shobon: "Man-made structures built around natural features" is my aesthetic jam and the music does a good job giving it a sense of age and mystery without being too dramatic.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Someone is going around downtown Philly posting spoilers for this game and it's very rude-

Yes I know it's technically the other way around in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Thread should have auto-deleted after you posted that update IMO.

Thank you for playing this and sharing it, now I know why people call it the best game you should never play. Those last two endings are both huge bummers.

E: If you lose power during Ending D, does Yoko Taro just come to your house and shoot you?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 16, 2018