Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Is it still a Chaos Crew production if we're playing a Yoko Taro game? Makes you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
We're going to talk about Drakengard when the time is right. Probably after Ending A, but we'll see? Definitely before it's all said and done though.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
To be fair, we haven't seen the main plot yet, anyway. So far all we have is "Yonah has the Black Scrawl" and "You can cure it by collecting all the Sealed Verses". The real plot doesn't really kick in until the second half of the game, although we'll get a taste toward the end of Act 1.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

ChaosArgate posted:

Oh yeah that dream reminds me, right dream dream after this session ended, Artix and I somehow made dream dream dream dreamFae think dream she was dream having a stroke dream dream and I'm still dream dream dream dream upset it happened dream right after we stopdreamped recording dream dream.

I don't dream know what dream dream you're dream talking dream dream about dream dream dream dream Argate dream dream dreamdreamdreamdream

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
It's on 360 as well, it just never made it to PC.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Automata, for better or worse, was far more restrained in the kind of weird poo poo that it pulled. It still pulled the rug out from under you a fair bit, but it never really deviated from the third person action game framework, whereas this game constantly does stuff like the Resident Evil Diablo level or the text adventures in the forest of myth.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Petition to change the thread title to "Was this really worth it? Let's Play NieR"

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Good news, everyone! Square is hiring for something Nier-related! Let's look at a few of the job requirements:

quote:

Job Description
【Business Contents】
Scenario production and planning work of Nier related products

«Specific work»
Based on the view of the world of the Near series, you will be responsible for the following.

· Creation of plots of subquest etc and creation of scenario
· Design designation used in the game, such as NPC design designation
· General description of text displayed in the game such as item description

Item descriptions, you say? That sounds intriguing. What else do you have for us?

quote:

Submit the following issue (issue 1).

Please submit a plot of the story "The main character visits a village and falls in love", "Please make it easy for other development staff to understand" and submit.

■ Submission format
 · Number of characters:  Up to 400 characters
 · Output format: PDF
· Other: Please include at least one image (picture, illustration) etc. ※ Please submit it as a separate file separately from your resume / job history. ※ Please understand beforehand that we can not accept any questions about the assignment.

Why, it's a weapon story prompt! So in the spirit of things, we're going to have our own little contest. You have two weeks (that's Wed, October 4th) to compose your own weapon story that follows the rules of the application. This means:

1) It must be about a character who visits a village and falls in love.
2) It should be formatted like all Drakengard/Nier weapon stories - 400 to 800 characters, and in four distinct little chunks.

The winner, as chosen by myself, Argate, and Fae, will get a forums upgrade courtesy of Fae. Good luck! If you need any inspiration, here's a couple examples from us.

Artix posted:

A young maiden came across a quaint country village in her travels. Though she intended to leave the next day, she caught the eye of a villager during a festival.

The two were inseperable, and were quickly wed. Nothing made her happier than the devotion she felt to her husband and children.

One evening, a roaming gang of bandits attacked the village. Though they fought bravely to repel the invaders, her husband and son did not survive the attack.

A few days later, she simply vanished, along with her husband's trusty blade. The only clue was a map with this dagger marking a certain camp...

Argate posted:

A wanderer stopped in a village to rest for a night, weary from his travels. As he was leaving, he was entranced by the most bewitching sight.

A statue of a fair maiden was what captivated him so, and after admiring it from dusk to dawn, he decided to remain by the statue's side.

One day, a terrible storm hit. Unphased, the man ignored the pleas of others to find a safe place to hide. It was the one place he truly felt happy, even while enduring strong gusts and biting rain.

The man was taken aback when the statue shifted slightly from a powerful gale. As the winds grew stronger and threatened to knock over the statue, the man panicked and grabbed it, hoping to keep it upright, but failed and was crushed by his toppled beloved.

SC posted:

I don't remember the last time I left this village. It might have been...10 years ago? 15? I just can't seem to remember.

My love, are you there? She has trouble speaking, you know. That's why I'm here for her, just like I was there for her at the start.

Look, she's smiling at me. She's always smiling. It's a shame we're getting on in the years. She had such lovely hair back then. It's all gone now. That's all right though, I say, I'm just the same.

She can't leave anymore. Neither can I. It's cold and dark and the weight of the earth just bears right down on you, but at least, we're not alone.

Artix fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 20, 2017

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I still can't believe that Emil said that Roc has "Charwolfsma". Goddammit, my idiot wizard son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Missed opportunity to title this video "aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa" imo