Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Artix posted:

I don't dream know what dream dream you're dream talking dream dream about dream dream dream dream Argate dream dream dreamdreamdreamdream

This cannot continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

Yoko Taro's idea of a "Happy Ending" would be amusing to see.

*The whole world is reduced to a blighted nothingness*
Player: "How is this a happy ending?
Yoko Taro: "Those kids over there survived. :)"
Player: "Oh yeah..."

He announced for Nier Automata it would have a happy ending.

So, you know. You don't have to imagine. It exists! You can see what he calls a happy ending with your own eyes.

(And I'm sorry. I just can't imagine children surviving a Taro Yoko game.)

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

No, no, Magic is the card game with a Gideon. :v:

And here I thought it was Scott Pilgrim's precious little TCG.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Might as well give it a go. No promises it's worth reading, but at least it's short.

Plowshare posted:

A bandit arrived in a small mountain town, looking for his next victims. He knew from a young age that it was the only way to avoid being a victim himself.

But when he was welcomed inside, he hesitated. The villagers showed him the love he had never known as a child. One woman, especially, caught his eye.

He realized he had been wrong all along, and thanked the gods for the woman who showed him that life was more than he ever imagined.

That was his last thought before she slit his throat. The man’s blood fed the crops, and the villagers had an excellent harvest.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

I like how they still call them Mysterious Switches it's like, you know what they are for, you use them to repair lighthouse parts. There shouldn't be a mystery to them any more. Just say "We need replacement lightswitches/junction switches/however you use them" Surely you'd have named them by now so that you can tell them apart, even if you don't know what they used to do.

Father Nier just wants to think the world still has some mystery to it, all right?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

Since Drakengard discussion is not allowed in this thread, does anyone know a thread where I can ask about Drakengard?

Well, there's the Automata thread.

They're surprisingly careful with spoilers for how long it's been, but it's still pretty risky if you want to avoid knowing the twists.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Thread should have auto-deleted after you posted that update IMO.

Thank you for playing this and sharing it, now I know why people call it the best game you should never play. Those last two endings are both huge bummers.

E: If you lose power during Ending D, does Yoko Taro just come to your house and shoot you?

Sometimes, yes, but top experts think that's just a coincidence and he was planning to shoot you anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Faerie Fortune posted:

Oh theres an LP? I've never played NieR and I've heard it's a real chore to get through but ultimately rewarding, I'd love if someone did an lp of it!

I hear Mai Sakurajima did one. You know, the actress?