Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dr. Baker posted:

The way NWA books their PPV cards does not make sense to me.
Why is Scott Steiner wrestling Aron Stevens?

because its funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

overmind2000 posted:

Tim Storm needs to go to AEW

Same but also Ricky Starks

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Cody would drop to #2 face if Mama Storm’s baby boy was All Elite

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

which one is the younger brother between tim and lance. Ha ha! Thought i was making a joke about the age of tim storm. But he's actually much older than Lance storm anyway. sorry dude. I didn't know.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Dr. Baker posted:

The way NWA books their PPV cards does not make sense to me.
Why is Scott Steiner wrestling Aron Stevens?

I mean everything else is booked extremely well. That's just a one off that should be entertaining. Steiner is an Aldis mercenary after all

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Steiner's going after the National title, and Wild Card has a shot at the World Tag Team belts. All that's missing is Kamille going after the Women's title and Strictly Business could hold most of the gold.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Powerrr's like a perfectly fine show for me to turn on in the background when I'm doing stuff and all but like, I don't care at all for any match they do and I can't imagine paying money to watch that card.

That came off meaner than I meant it to but then again they're kinda racist so whatever.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I'm more invested in their TV title right now than anything the WWE's done for a long time.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

No Dawsons no buy

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Sub Rosa posted:

No Dawsons no buy

Don't know if the who's legitimately injured; he won his match, then was pulled and they replaced it with the gauntlet match to decide who'd replace him.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

First Tony Schiavone, now Sean Mooney?!

https://twitter.com/primetimemooney/status/1221618287441776640?s=20

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have nothing against them but for how many sports announcers and broadcasting graduates there are its weird that wrestling just defaults to hiring the dudes who were big 30 years ago and have been inactive for a decade or two.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

don't you dare discredit the Award Winning Joe Galli

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STAC Goat posted:

I have nothing against them but for how many sports announcers and broadcasting graduates there are its weird that wrestling just defaults to hiring the dudes who were big 30 years ago and have been inactive for a decade or two.

The NWA is supposed to be a nostalgia thing. Plus Sean Mooney's cool with tacit genocide.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

True and fair. But like Tony Schiavonne, Jim Ross, Kevin Kelly, Jerry Lawler. 80s and 90s wrestling announcers seem like they're fighting off return offers these days.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aldis' terms for Marty for their rematch:

It happens at the Crockett Cup

And if Aldis retains, Marty finances a refund for everyone in attendance at the show

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1222308453630324736

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Trevor Murdoch listing his accomplishments in the TV title tournament, and getting positive crowd reaction was great. But when he said "But the better man won," and Aron Stevens shouted "Yay" to a silent crowd was amazing.

Somehow, the NWA made Aron Stevens entertaining.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

That may have been my favorite episode so far. Holy hell were those last 2 segments great.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Davros1 posted:

Trevor Murdoch listing his accomplishments in the TV title tournament, and getting positive crowd reaction was great. But when he said "But the better man won," and Aron Stevens shouted "Yay" to a silent crowd was amazing.

I caved and watched the Starkman promo because he is very handsome. Laughed when no one popped at the mention of Austin Idol. Which is funny as poo poo because Aldis and Marty are redoing an old Idol angle.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

Okay that's loving funny.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Ricky Starks winning the TV title got me to check this out again. I thought the Aldis/Scurll segment was well done and a compelling story.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Zicky Dice bragging that he owns a $16,000.00 fanny pack was gold.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
When is a high profile promotion that's not explicitly bigoted going to show interest in Ricky Starks? NWA Powerrr, Dojo Pro...hell, even that documentary about him and Aaron Solow was produced by Joe Rogan's supplement company.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

davidbix posted:

a high profile promotion that's not explicitly bigoted

Such as?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

davidbix posted:

When is a high profile promotion that's not explicitly bigoted

You've been a wrestling journalist for so long you should know by now this isn't gonna happen. There's just companies like NWA and the big trump fundraiser WWE where it's somehow much worse than usual

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

davidbix posted:

When is a high profile promotion that's not explicitly bigoted going to show interest in Ricky Starks? NWA Powerrr, Dojo Pro...hell, even that documentary about him and Aaron Solow was produced by Joe Rogan's supplement company.

I asked Ricky and he said something like Inspire out of a texas. I can't remember.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

we already know the answer to that question (doubly so considering Ricky's close friends with Sammy Guevara), but i don't know how easy it'll be for Stroke Daddy to get hired by AEW because of a number of factors

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Chris James 2 posted:

You've been a wrestling journalist for so long you should know by now this isn't gonna happen. There's just companies like NWA and the big trump fundraiser WWE where it's somehow much worse than usual
That's why I said "explicitly," because there's levels to this poo poo and his only TV or TV adjacent gigs have been with the promotion that tried to exterminate gay people in Africa and the promotion that...well, I don't need to explain it in this thread. I had never seen him before the former (Dojo Pro), and I was immediately confused by him not being signed or at least an indie name already, even if indies in the southwest and mid-south tend to operate below the national radar.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

quote:

That's why I said "explicitly," because there's levels to this poo poo and his only TV or TV adjacent gigs have been with the promotion that tried to exterminate gay people in Africa

whats this now

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

No more Dokken

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1224772884171804677?s=20

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

cool white power metal bro

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That'll definitely get the accusations of racism to go away: having your theme song for the next year be sung by the band whose singer interrupted concerts to do the the Nazi salute, proclaim "white power", and rant about how "rap advocates the killing of whites"

MathMathCalculation
Jan 1, 2006
My sources tell me the reason for this change is that Triple H is just Billy Corgan in a fake beard confirmed hashtag scoopsgal

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 days!
Replacing Dokken with Pantera? Man, they just keep giving me reasons not to watch this show.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

WHAT THE drat gently caress

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
How are they already on season 3?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

God dammit. I didn't know that about Pantera. Now I have to stop singing Cemetary Gates at karaoke.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dimebag was cool for a crazy dick.

Phil’s just a walking dumpster fire. There will be a festival for all the people that Phil’s pissed of when Phil dies.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

God dammit. I didn't know that about Pantera. Now I have to stop singing Cemetary Gates at karaoke.

no it’s a sick song and you’re not phil so you can sing it and it’s not bad anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

How are they already on season 3?

Each taping/airing block seems to considered a "season"