Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

don't make Swagger job to Nick Aldis, Billy. What the gently caress is wrong with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If you think Swagger is going to lose, you DON'T KNOW JACK!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Swagger would actually be a really really good NWA champ right now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gotta give billy credit for finding the one name opponent that would be a downgrade from aldis

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Put the loving strap on Nick Gage

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Put the loving strap on Tim Storm

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Super No Vacancy posted:

gotta give billy credit for finding the one name opponent that would be a downgrade from aldis

he already put the title on Cody though

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Jack Swagger is, was, and will remain radical and if you disagree you can line up right here for your asskicking

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Swagger is the perfect example of a huge guy that can be amazing in the ring but should have been paired with a manager day 1 and never allowed to talk. As soon as lovely WWE writing entered the equation and they started doing poo poo like making fun of the way he speaks he was dead in the water and would never be taken seriously.

Then there were the drug and alcohol problems.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Tim will forever be the NWA champion in my heart.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Tokamak posted:

Tim, with his roid gut and thousand-yard stare, will forever be the NWA champion in my heart.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

jacky boy lost :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Billy Corgan doesn't want to admit it, but when he purchased the NWA he also purchased Nick Aldis, who is rubber-band connected to the title and will always return to it no matter what Corgan does.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1070005063568056320

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1071145443185221632

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

James "The Stone Cold Macho Michaels" Storm

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Of course Aldis will probably go over again

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't think Storm is any better than Aldis at this point, so unless he's going to drop it to someone with some worth on the indies I'm fine with him retaining.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Fair, I guess Storm's star has basically burned out.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

last I heard the current go-forward plan was for Aldis to retain for a good portion of the year and do the drop and win it back thing. Billy really likes this idea and thinks its "the future of the storytelling."

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Angry_Ed posted:

Fair, I guess Storm's star has basically burned out.

James Storm's star may have burned out, but maybe it's time for the perfect Storm to get his title back

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

pathetic little tramp posted:

James Storm's star may have burned out, but maybe it's time for the perfect Storm to get his title back

This is always true.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Have James Storm win and and go on to face Tim Storm in a 'Storm Cell' Match.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Tokamak posted:

Stormin’ Norman Smiley arrives and rips the door off the cell

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Stormin’ Norman Smiley arrives and rips the door off the cell

It was Screamin' Norman

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SatansOnion posted:

James "The Stone Cold Macho Michaels" Storm

This made me laugh really hard.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tokamak posted:

A "Storm in a Teacup" match where they wrestle in a giant teacup.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

last I heard the current go-forward plan was for Aldis to retain for a good portion of the year and do the drop and win it back thing. Billy really likes this idea and thinks its "the future of the storytelling."

Doing the Ric Flair thing (lol, "future of storytelling" indeed) only works if your chosen champ has the charisma and ability to pull it off, and Aldis has neither.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Poor guy is never gonna get his eyeholes

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
This just made me remember James Storm's brief NXT run, during which he'd sing along to his theme song.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
James Storm blowing off NXT to go back to TNA has to be an all-time stupid business move

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

EugeneJ posted:

James Storm blowing off NXT to go back to TNA has to be an all-time stupid business move

Allegedly he got a huge money deal from TNA to come back? Even short-term it may have paid off okay for him?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Allegedly he got a huge money deal from TNA to come back? Even short-term it may have paid off okay for him?

IIRC not only was it more than the NXT money, it was fully guaranteed and (according to him) even HHH told him he should take that deal

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIY6MVc9j0U

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Holy apuestas Batman.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Even if the NWA never gets past whatever it is now, at least Corgan is smart enough to try and capitalize on the people and things generating buzz in current wrestling. People care about Cody and All In was a huge deal, and he was smart to put the title on him there even if it was dumb to take it off of him again so soon. People are invested in, or at least intrigued by, Arquette as well.

Thoughts on who the partners will be? I wonder if Joecephus will get Nick Gage to try and "finish the job" on Arquette or something.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1080928046813597696

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Jocephus to win the 10 pounds of hair.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
What a collection of people

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1081372369585954817

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

seriously how did Billy not just try to get AEW to use the NWA title and actually look smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's as of yet unproven that my scoop, nwa elite being on the table, was never true