Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

this thread needs the Thunder tag now

:lol: done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Well this was unexpected

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Uh shouldn't an NWA affiliated Corgan promotion running weekly ppv's where Magnus is a top star have a TNA tag?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

I didn't watch it, but the Primetime Live debut was tonight and the show had a bunch of buffering issues and Aldis vs Bennett was only a few minutes long.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Once upon a time ROH had a hot angle between Davey and Eddie and internet PPV buffering issues pretty much killed it dead, this is a problem you need fixed mega-immediately, Billy

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
$8USD per episode seems a bit much, but you can bundle the first four episodes for just $23.99

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ad by Khad posted:

Once upon a time ROH had a hot angle between Davey and Eddie and internet PPV buffering issues pretty much killed it dead, this is a problem you need fixed mega-immediately, Billy

Once upon a time ROH did an iPPV with buffering issues.

Then they said they fixed it and the issues were worse on the next show.

Then they said they fixed it again and the issues were even worse on the next show.

I'm half-convinced it was all just a ploy to make Hulkamatt (at least I think it was Hulkamatt) look like a dang fool for talking about what good value each show was going to be shortly before each one started.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
yeah this is exactly why i'm saying Billy gotta fix this quick, rather than ROH who had the problems linger and linger and even get worse

a good number of people here were very excited for Davey vs Eddie Best in the World and it went to complete poo poo multiple times

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Once upon a time ROH did an iPPV with buffering issues.

Then they said they fixed it and the issues were worse on the next show.

Then they said they fixed it again and the issues were even worse on the next show.

I'm half-convinced it was all just a ploy to make Hulkamatt (at least I think it was Hulkamatt) look like a dang fool for talking about what good value each show was going to be shortly before each one started.

Am I misremembering, or wasn't one of their iPPVs affected by the fact that the place they held it in had no/very lovely Internet, and they ended up trying to stream it off of someone's cellphone/wireless hotspot? I vaguely remember this happening.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Am I misremembering, or wasn't one of their iPPVs affected by the fact that the place they held it in had no/very lovely Internet, and they ended up trying to stream it off of someone's cellphone/wireless hotspot? I vaguely remember this happening.

It's possible this also happened in ROH (and the building having lovely internet story is one I recall from around that time), but this definitely happened for a non-PPV TNA event.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

It's possible this also happened in ROH (and the building having lovely internet story is one I recall from around that time), but this definitely happened for a non-PPV TNA event.

I vaguely remembered it being an ROH iPPV that took place somewhere in Florida, so I did some digging and I think it was Showdown in the Sun 2012. I remembered it being one of the many other indy iPPVs and shows that took place around Wrestlemania time that year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

The TNA thing was a special twitch stream that Josh was trying to film and commentate using his cell phone because the club/bar they were running it in seemed to have no internet or lovely wifi and no cables were run. Also there was coverage deadzones in the venue, so what ended up happening was some guy used his iphone and basically just shot everything from ringside moving around, which turned it into a better show in my estimation because he followed the action well and we didn't have to deal with commentary.