Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

any company that helms nick aldis as their front man is a company doomed to die a quiet death in a aa league baseball stadium in dubuque

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

Because Lagana is probably lying.
I don't know why he would lie about this mind you.
But I guess I don't live in 3018 with Dave Lagana.

Maybe to create the illusion that the NWA title is worth 10 grand to somebody.

the sheik paid $5,000 to bruce tharpe to be champion for a little while.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nick aldis loving sucks.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I assume Center Stage winds up being the venue?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i've never understood the blindspot people have for jim cornette when evidence of his racism has been around forever along with him just being a miserable lovely human being who feeds only on negativity and attention. he is a parasite.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Q_res posted:

I think there's a couple reasons he got so much slack. I think he got a lot of "Well, he's from an older generation and at least he's trying". Which primarily came from the fact that, against the backdrop of the pro wrestling industry, he came across as pretty liberal/progressive by comparison. That's been wearing off for a while now though.

how though like why do others give him the benefit of the doubt? this isn't anything new, this isn't ah dang, he had a senior moment forgot he was in a different time, he's done this and has been like this forever, i mean he had the gangstas win matches with two counts because of affirmative action to get heat in smokey mountain in the 1990s. the dude has been fired from basically every promotion he's worked for because he can't control himself. it shows over and over again.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I remember checking out an ep of CWFH and saw Peter Avalon was the top heel. I did not watch to the end.

he's the booker.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

how can you be a fan of 1980s wrestling and not immediately think they're roofies?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i guess now is a poor time to launch my plans for an empty pink room arena AWA themed show where wrestlers fight each other each tuesday to earn points to take home a turkey huh

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

It takes a lot to overcome WWE's long-rear end history in just a few months to become "the racist wrestling promotion," but here we are.

we're not in the ring of honor thread though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this thread needs the Thunder tag now