Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

He's only agreed to purchase it "in principle". There's still 3-6 months of court proceedings and mindless mudslinging if Billy Pumpkins track record is any indication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

MassRafTer posted:

He's not getting the Houston stuff in this deal.

he is now, or at least he's getting access to it:

Dave posted:

Unlike a few weeks ago, the Houston wrestling library is now part of the deal. The actual ownership of the library is still in the hands of Valerie Boesch, Paulís widow. Bruce Tharpe was used as a broker and went to sell it to WWE, but felt their offer was too low, and then created the NWA on Demand website where they charge a monthly subscription fee and put up new matches on a regular basis as they transfer them to digital from the original tapes. Corgan will take over that position and there are a number of different things they could do with the library, including sell it to WWE, or market it in some form themselves.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

I never noticed that Billy's wrestling company is called the IWC, lmbo

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

The only person I remember being somewhat close with him in TNA -and there might be others - is Mike Bennett. Maybe Crazzzy Steve too?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

grack posted:

Dave Lagana, but he left after Corgan did.

Lagana is a lot of things, but a wrestler he ain't.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

Luigi Thirty posted:

TNA is owned by a major media corporation

Did someone buy it from Anthem?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

drat I would learn so much math if my middle/high school math teacher had brought ten pounds of gold in and plunked it down on the desk.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

James Storm is free from TNA and should avenge his father's loss.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

Bard Maddox posted:

that’s like the easiest one ever

gently caress: jocephus
marry: tim storm
kill: nick aldis

now what the best configuration of them in the human centipede is, that’s a tougher one

Josephus for the head, Storm for the middle, Aldis bringing up the rear because he's third rate poo poo.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

DJExile posted:

CROSSED THE LINE??????

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/951603195792580613

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

I think you can make a case for either or both parties being desperate. I legit don't know if the empty arena thing is a dig or not.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

The quasi-TNA or TNA-adjacent promotions are:

Impact
GFW (whatever that is)
The Crash
Arolucha
NWA I guess
AAA and NOAH sort of
A smattering of random indies where they tape sometimes

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

joylessdivision posted:

Did the Nazi brothers buy Lucha Underground or did they start their own thing? I haven't paid attention to LU since season 1 ended

They started their own thing with Vince Russo.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

I suspect that Jeremy Borash might be working with them in some (not official) capacity. He was at their first show and, very unusually, wasn't at the Impact tapings the night that Arolucha ran against them this week.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

I've never liked wrestling without a crowd unless it's all backstage brawling. I just find guys doing spots in a ring with no reaction unsettling, which is why I barely watch Raw anymore.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

John Dudebro posted:

i wanted to do this and then i got carried away and basically made a botchamania ending so enjoy

https://streamable.com/au0ya

Holy cow this is the best thing ever posted on this dead forum

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

Jimmy is gonna look so good with that ten pounds of gold.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

Bigass Moth posted:

Now I am all aboard the Magnus Train.

My dude you gotta get off that train

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

I know you guys think that belt is hideous, but what you don't realize is that it's a fully-functional fanny pack.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

pathetic little tramp posted:

So he's producing a TV show, but no station has signed on to broadcast it yet?

MRT thinks Billy's copying his own Resistance Pro plan but it's actually Jarrett's GFW plan. Just stay shopping that footage around for the next five years before calling the whole thing off and selling gold bars and cryptocurrency.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

rare Magic card l00k posted:

GFW pretending Roode had jumped ship from NXT was so sad and hilarious.

Now the NWA can do the same thing with Storm!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

Cash out your Zwancoin while you still can!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

I'd need to see how they shot that thing but at first glance, woof.

FWIW the Corgan era of TNA featured some pretty creative shooting to make mostly empty arenas look, well, not full but less empty.

E: never mind, looked at the spoilers and this is going to be sub-TNA levels of awful

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 1, 2019

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

WatermelonGun posted:

every time he says something like “i don’t give one cracklin cranberry” or whatever the gently caress I feel like i’m In a cartoon, and you think he’d know better considering he wants the business to be real or whatever

he should say the gently caress word

They are probably pitching this thing as hard as they can to anyone that will pay them for it, so I imagine they're playing things fairly safe in terms of content for the time being. No way is this sustainable as a business with an audience that small and Billy is no Tony Khan with gigantic sums of money to burn until the company turns a profit.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

It's mad dads and TNA washouts all the way down. Perfect.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

smikey posted:

What? PoweRRR debuts before Dark, 6:05et for PoweRRR and 7:00et for Dark.

I guess it's because of time zones but that start time means that people are typically at work when the episode is posted. I guess not a ton of people watch it right at 6:05 but Lagana says they see viewership spikes over the evening and into the following morning.

boxcarhobo posted:

i didnt watch the first week of powerrr but i had Dark on this week, and once it finished youtube automagically queued up powerrr for me, and then i thoroughly enjoyed that too

I think that so many people switch from one to the other (30% of NWA's audience) that the YT algorithm queues it up based on that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

Somebody call Don West.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

The show was just warmed-over TNA to begin with, in front of even fewer people. Outside of the novelty of the first episode I never got the appeal, but I also have no particular nostalgia for studio wrestling.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

coconono posted:

I really do like studio wrestling tho. Its a more intimate vibe and the wrestling style has a lot more freedom.

I get it, but I personally don't have any connection to that. For the most part what gets me off is the spectacle of it all. At minimum I need a crowd of >30 people that's super into it, like a PWG. I don't think you need to be in a studio to have that kind of freedom though - just a company that is cool with whatever.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

The old school-style wrestling show was supposed to just take the good parts of the era and update everything else, but they kept the poo poo parts too.

They only kept the poo poo parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultra Carp

Uh shouldn't an NWA affiliated Corgan promotion running weekly ppv's where Magnus is a top star have a TNA tag?