Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm now realizing I can't recall ever seeing an image of Smiling Corgan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I can't wait for NWA branded relaxation teas at madam Pzuzuzs

Tim Storm in a teacup

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2017/10/02/billy-corgan-officially-announces-rebrand-nwa

I guess we can change the title back

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

this is the worst lede of ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they make you think it's going to be a KUSHIDA puff piece and then bam it's Billy Corgan.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/929882538956541952?s=17

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So is Tim Storm a teacher because why is he giving promos in a classroom

that's his full time job, yeah

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It kind of kills the gimmick that that guy sent in the video himself when it has EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: William Patrick Corgan underneath it

EDIT: Your next NWA World's Heavyweight Champion:

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 16, 2017

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Fizziocrat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ezAUDM7-I

:stare:

Jocephus and Storm, forever and ever, a hundred years Jocephus and Storm.

I really liked this promo. I think the censoring of the swearing adds to it in some weird way. Like some indie guy getting all his f-words in is nothing special but it feels more like he's lost his cool in what's supposed to be a professional environment or something.

E: actually you know what it reminds me of, one of those loving weirdos who call into talk radio shows and completely lose their cool, and I think that's the kind of thing this character would do so it works for me.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Nov 17, 2017

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That was garbage and I'm mad that William Patrick Corgan made me redownload Instagram to watch it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tim Storm vs Jocephus II is live in YouTube in twenty minutes.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Is the NWA doing anything during Wrestlemania weekend? Not that they'd be able to do much with a roster of three regulars, but are they leaching onto some other show to do a title match? It'd be very much in line with the rest of the run so far to just forget to plan anything for it.

the "Aldis Crusade" has no announced dates between Philadelphia on March 24th and Wenzhou on April 14th so I'm assuming they've kept those dates open for Wrestlemania weekend.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think the Wenzhou title defence is against Colt Cabana but China does have Middle Kingdom Wrestling and Oriental Wrestling Entertainment (who I think have some sort of relationship with Dragon Gate)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

WrasslorMonkey posted:

What does a zombie wrestler eat?

Tokyo Joshi Pro had a match where Veda Scott tried to make their zombie wrestler become a vegan.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/status/983849761420783616?s=20

NWA gonna draw 10 000 fans brother

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Aldis is locked into the main event. it's part of the deal that Billy swindled them with. He's also taking 30% of the gate

The show is also being renamed ALL DIS

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Are they still doing the creepy angle with Flip and Brandi?

I think Brandi turned on him at some indie show where if Flip won he'd get booked for All In.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm rooting for Aldis because Flip blocked me on Twitter after he vanity searched and found me saying I was going to amputate my toe for tapping along with his theme.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jay Bradley looked good in his NOAH run this year

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tokamak posted:

Have James Storm win and and go on to face Tim Storm in a 'Storm Cell' Match.

A "Storm in a Teacup" match where they wrestle in a giant teacup.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Ugh.

I'd have been more likely to buy night 2 of Spring Break if LAX were wrestling a team that weren't 30 years past their prime.

LAX vs Rock n Roll Express loving ruled though

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1202010921197023234?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

People still perpetuating the "quiet, Japanese wrestling crowd" myth because they couldn't get over when we all saw Okada/Naito are ridiculous. Like even when The Bucks were doing it, it was still enough of a niche interest that they could get away with saying it but now when more people are watching NJPW than have ever watched a Nick Aldis match, it's baffling.

Also Nick Aldis complaining about the fetishisation of anything when he's the champion of an 80s studio wrestling cargo cult fed is funny.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean there's a part of it that I sort of agree with? I'm not talking WWE but in terms of overall I don't think NJPW is light years ahead of AEW in terms of product quality or anything. They're different flavors at times, but they're both the absolute class of their particular art forms.

You only really need to go look at the MOTYC thread to see that people aren't making GBS threads on AEW because it's not Japanese though.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 2, 2020