Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Seems weird to have a "national" company with Georgia in the logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Gaz-L posted:

I think the women's belt Moolah carried around in the 80s had it too.
I've read two articles that all announced the forthcoming 6:05 Tuesday show and neither one of them said where they were being aired.

Now, it didn't take much to find out it was Facebook and Youtube, but come on, writers.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That's gonna' be old school as heck.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Nothing's showing up for me.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

DoctorGonzo posted:

i watched the new nwa thingie and their production values are better than the wwe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwW7H-LVKZ8

the wwe has 123124235346457586807 millions of dollars but their tv presentation its cheap and souless at the same time, weird.
This is fantastic, but I wish they'd have put lower thirds up for the talent because I don't know who a lot of them are.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

gently caress Corgan for being an Alex Jones guy who said SJWs are ruining society and gently caress Jim Cornette's transphobia.

With that out of the way, I'm ready to enjoy the poo poo out of this show.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The presentation of this is so wonderfully old-school.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

These two guys would fit right in 30 years ago.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Oh my god, this add is Video Toaster as gently caress. This is so amazing.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

This is already my second-favorite wrestling show.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

God, I hope this gets big. I absolutely adore this. I wish it was on Saturday, but I'll take what I can get.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

James Storm was my favorite wrestler during that one summer TNA was top-to-bottom actually good.

He fits right in here and I just love this. This is WCW Saturday Night to AEW's Nitro.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

karmicknight posted:

What is AEW Dark in this context, then?
Worldwide or All Stars? It isn't a perfect analogy.

10,000 people watching live, so it's already doing better than Impact.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Wow. Aldis' worked punches look fantastic. He's gotten so much better since his Magnus days.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That was absolutely fantastic.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

smikey posted:

A 55 minute show format doesn't seem made for cable tv, or even broadcast syndication.
If they added actual ad breaks, it'd be an hour-and-a-half, which many believe to be the best length for a wrestling show.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

After watching this and AEW Dark, I tried to keep the ball rolling with Impact, but the crowd didn't care one iota about anything that was happening, and so neither did I.

Calling NWA Powerrr was definitely the best of the three.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

You're absolutely right about that. TNA runs venues bigger than this and fills them, but they look low-rent anyway because it looks like they're trying to be WWE and failing, whereas this looks like it's small and intimate on purpose.

I really hope this succeeds.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

coconono posted:

I’m seriously thinking about getting that Aldis DVD set. How did I end up like this?
It was only a kiss?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I expected this to be a mild curiosity I watched on Youtube at my leisure, but I will be watching this live every Tuesday at 3:05 Pacific just like I did WCW Saturday night.

Wrestling feels like something that should be on in the afternoon, save shows like Dynamite.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Loved them both equally for different reasons.

They're both scratching separate parts of my WCW itch.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ganso Bomb posted:

I wish it was Tuesday again.
For real. Tuesday/Wednesday is just four hours of amazing wrestling.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cornette's really good at commentary, though. He's just a poo poo human being.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

WatermelonGun posted:

every time he says something like “i don’t give one cracklin cranberry” or whatever the gently caress I feel like i’m In a cartoon, and you think he’d know better considering he wants the business to be real or whatever

he should say the gently caress word
They're all pretty common southern expressions like "wouldn't give a crippled crab a crutch."

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Here we go!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Is this Damien Sandow?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Really digging the no theme music. I love theme music, but even the tiny indies are doing it, so doing anything different sets you apart.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Wow, that was the smallest loving thing, but it makes Trevor not look like a douchebag for losing.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Davros1 posted:

They need to introduce a TV title
They run 1 hour a week. Four championships is quite enough.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Anderson got tot hat level of skill that set him slightly above average and decided that was good enough and never got any better.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That fake ad was a complete ripoff of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPkMUU9tUqk

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I loving love that they're rehabbing still real to me guy.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

njsykora posted:

Gotta say this show isn't grabbing me like the first show since it's becoming obvious that most promos are some variation on "The NWA is back and we have REAL MEN".
Agreed. Still good, but this was clearly taped immediately after before people could absorb the fact that the poo poo they're saying has been said.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Dude. Don't call the belt a prop.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Not as good as week one, but it isn't brand new anymore, so that's hard to do. Still a fun show. Not sure who Magnus is feuding with, but I definitely want somebody to beat him for the title, so he's doing his job.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Davros1 posted:

At its height, ep 2 did 12,000, which was the same as ep 1
Not dropping off is extremely good news. Let's see if it does the same half-million or so after the fact that 1 did.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Dave Lagana interview on Wrestling Observer Radio was a great listen.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Another stellar show. Couldn't watch live, but switched over after Dark and was not disappointed. Show rules.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

All the other studio-ish shows look like they look the way they do by necessity due to lack of money, where Powerr looks like it looks the way it does deliberately, even if it's doing it to save money.

It's not quite intangible, since I know enough about production to see the difference, but it works as an intangible enough that it helps the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

DuhSal posted:

I love the aesthetic, presentation, commercials and promos but I thought the wrestling this week was kind of flat. I'm interested in what their ppvs will look like both in match execution and overall presentation.
I've had the opposite experience. I've found that I care more about a headlock in NWA than I do a dive to the outside in every other promotion, so I guess a lot of the old guys were right when they said to slow things down, but if everybody were doing this, the few high flyers would stand out and feel more important, so mostly I just appreciate how different, in this case, slow, the wrestling can be.